Free Dining for Sept '08

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Details of the offer:

This new offer will allow a guest who is currently staying at one of the WDW Owned and Operated Resorts between 8/31/07 and 9/28/07 to book a MYW Free Dining Package for next year. The travel dates must be between 08/30/08 and 09/27/08. A $200 deposit per reservation must be made at the time of booking.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Thanks JP (as always) I'm thinking 14 days at the world next year with free dining may be PERFECT :sohappy::sohappy:

JimboJones123

Most all discounted and non-discounted vacation packages will allow you to book up to 14 nights and choose any length Magic Your Way ticket. This is not unique to this offer.

Remember the maximum length of a Magic Your Way Ticket is 10 days, there is no option for a longer MYW Ticket other then those offered exclusively to United Kingdom Guests who purchase their ticket or package in the UK.

Most is the key word. The past 2 years it has been a 3-10 night stay if I remember correctly. For them to extend it to 14 nights for this special offer could mean they are much more excited to have you stay for 2 weeks than previous years of free dining offer periods. I know for sure this year and last year did have the 10 night cap on the package.

All very interesting. Guess we'll start buzzin' again come Christmas time if they offer the same thing to resort guests again during that period for repeat trips.

BRER DAD

Depending on where you stay, the room discount or discounted pkg may be better. Especially if you are adding another $20-$30 everyday for tips. Will be ineresting. The other thing, do I lie about my kids ages and pay a few extra bucks for tix and get everybody adult meals?? I still can't stand the kids menu selections.

One of the Cm told me that the computer does not reconize kids cards from adult cards on counter service meals. I just returned from WDW w/dining and my younger kids ate adult meals everyday. I just ordered 5 counter service meals instead of three adult and two kids counter service.

dreamfinder

I was wondering if anyone else feels that one of the main reasons the Dining Plan was changed for 2008 (to not include tips or appetizers) was so Disney's out-of-pocket expenses would be less, thus they could offer and promote free Dining even more than they have in the past (which was quite a bit).

Well, not offering appetizers would cut down on the food waste/doggie bags. Which will indeed save them money. The tips help to ensure that the wait staff gets their cut. Not everyone will still tip the full amount on a free meal, so this helps to keep the wait staff happy. It will get harder for them to promote the free dining if there are no more spots for ADR's. Which makes me wonder how many people who didn't make ADR's end up forgoing waiting 2 hrs for a sit down meal and switch to counter service. (Thus saving more money)

Edit: I thought I had read somewhere that mandatory 18% gratuity would be charged. I can't find that anymore so I may be totally off base on my tip thoughts.

LuLaSue

Thanks

Details of the offer:

This new offer will allow a guest who is currently staying at one of the WDW Owned and Operated Resorts between 8/31/07 and 9/28/07 to book a MYW Free Dining Package for next year. The travel dates must be between 08/30/08 and 09/27/08. A $200 deposit per reservation must be made at the time of booking.

The lead in offer is based on a 5 night/6 day stay, but you can book your stay for any length between 3 nights and 14 nights. You may choose any length Magic Your Way Ticket from 1 day to 10 days regardless of your length of stay and add any ticket options. You may also upgrade to to the Deluxe Dining Plan or add the Wine and Dine option and the cost of the Regular Disney Dine Plan will be deducted from the ugraded package price. Remember everyone in the room must be on the same package and choose the same ticket length and options.

There is a special team booking this offer so the guest must call the special number listed on the offer. The agent will first verify the guest’s eligibility to participate by confirming that they are currently registered at a Walt Disney World owned and operated resort. Once you check-out, you can no longer book this offer.

If you booked your current stay with a Travel Agent, we can assign your reservation to your travel agent for next year, allowing you to contact them for any future modifications or cancellations.

Of the Disney Deluxe Villas Resorts (part of the Disney Vacation Club) only studios, 1 bedroom and 2 bedroom villas at Old Key West Resort and Saratoga Springs Resort are included. All other Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts are excluded from this offer. Campsites at Fort Wilderness Resort and all suites at the Disney Deluxe and Moderate Resorts are also excluded from this offer. A limited number of Family Suites at Disney's All Star Music Resort and cabins at Fort Wilderness Resort are included in this offer.

Like any discount marketing offer, there is only a limited number of rooms available at each participating resort, for each date during the offer period. There is no official word on if this offer will be extended to the general public next year.

Thanks JP you just answered my question!

KrazyKemp

::sigh::

Free dining is nice, but everyone knows about it. September used to be my favorite month to tour, but now I may have to switch to early October due to increases in attendance...

culturenthrills

September must not be as hot a spot as one might have thought w/the free dining this year. I guess we'll hear in the next week or two when reports start coming in. Huh.

It isn't. We were at WDW on Tuesday and it was dead. We were at the studios and everything was a walk on even with RNR down for rehab. However, you couldn't get a seat at any of the TS restaurants because of the free DDP. What is crazy though is all but one of the CS restaurants closed around 5:30-6:30 even with the park closing at 8 pm.

brucie

Yahoo I LOOOVE Free Dining!!! I'm going next Sept 08 all because of free dining it got me started in 06 and I've been back every year since.Yippee. Does anyone know if Canadians can book for next Sept?? Normally we have to wait till April to book for free dining. I would book now if I could!! And the parks are not any busier because of free dining, the restaurants are busier but we got into Le Celier, Chef de France and Brown Derby day of with no reservations. you just have to not eat during peak times and try your name on a waiting list!! But all the parks are empty it's great!!! And as far as the heat goes if you go at the end of Sept it's not to bad, try to book your first day on the last day free dining is offered and you will get it for your duration!!!!

natalia1681

Okay, so what if I book my trip for now, but would like to add/subtract a day or two from the trip?
Also, one member of our travel party will be returning to school and isn't sure that she will be able to go. If she cancels, will the deposit be returned? I was thinking that if she canceled 46 days before the start of the trip, it would be refunded, but I thought I should check with the experts:wave:

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. 10 days until my next trip! I can count that on my fingers alone!! (or toes;))

JimboJones123

One of the Cm told me that the computer does not reconize kids cards from adult cards on counter service meals. I just returned from WDW w/dining and my younger kids ate adult meals everyday. I just ordered 5 counter service meals instead of three adult and two kids counter service.
Another interesting development. So it's only table service where the kiddos are seperated. Huh. Very interesting as well. :veryconfu

JimboJones123

Okay, so what if I book my trip for now, but would like to add/subtract a day or two from the trip?
Also, one member of our travel party will be returning to school and isn't sure that she will be able to go. If she cancels, will the deposit be returned? I was thinking that if she canceled 46 days before the start of the trip, it would be refunded, but I thought I should check with the experts:wave:

Thanks in advance!!

P.S. 10 days until my next trip! I can count that on my fingers alone!! (or toes;))
I would think that standard 45 day rule would still be the same. We actually added 3 days on the front and took one away from the back end of our '06 Free Dining trip around 50 days out. They said thanks for giving us 2 days more of your money.

JimboJones123

Yahoo I LOOOVE Free Dining!!! I'm going next Sept 08 all because of free dining it got me started in 06 and I've been back every year since.Yippee. Does anyone know if Canadians can book for next Sept?? Normally we have to wait till April to book for free dining. I would book now if I could!! And the parks are not any busier because of free dining, the restaurants are busier but we got into Le Celier, Chef de France and Brown Derby day of with no reservations. you just have to not eat during peak times and try your name on a waiting list!! But all the parks are empty it's great!!! And as far as the heat goes if you go at the end of Sept it's not to bad, try to book your first day on the last day free dining is offered and you will get it for your duration!!!!

Haven't heard, but will that still work with the daily rate changes for reservations? I don't suppose it wouldn't, they would just continue to change the nightly rate but give you the free dining. But assumptions have caused their fair amount of problems before.

mary219

Another interesting development. So it's only table service where the kiddos are seperated. Huh. Very interesting as well. :veryconfu
This is true.The first few days ,Iordered kids picks at CS for my 9 yr old.Then she wanted a pizza in pop.So I ordered it for her and I realized she could have eaten adult meals at all the cs stands and pop.The receipt only showed CS meals used and did not specify kid/adult like the TS receipts.It didn't really matter with her because she really doesn't eat much of the adult offerings anyway,but it did make it a little easier when she really got tired of chicken nuggets and grapes.Also,we where ordering fountain drinks in pop and found out at the end of the trip we had a choice of bottled drinks as well.just a little info.

mary219

It isn't. We were at WDW on Tuesday and it was dead. We were at the studios and everything was a walk on even with RNR down for rehab. However, you couldn't get a seat at any of the TS restaurants because of the free DDP. What is crazy though is all but one of the CS restaurants closed around 5:30-6:30 even with the park closing at 8 pm.
Also true.The parks were empty from mon 8/27- fri 8/31.The restaurants were busy,and lots of people without adrs were turned away ,but with adrs,we never waited more than 10 minutes,lots of times even less than that.I also got lucky and got an adr for breakfast on saturday morning at chef mickeys for 8:20 am when i called dining on thursday afternoon.But other than that, and an adr at mama melrose at the last minute,there were no other available reservations.SO we stuck with the ones we had made already.

brianhorn

Just got back from POP. If I remember correctly, the flyer I saw stated it must be at least a 5 night stay. I'll check it when I get home and post more info.

Yes, the flyer did say five days, however based on my experiance that is not a hard rule. We just got back tuesday and took advantage of this years plan. When we booked they where advertising a 5 day package, however we where able to book for only 3 nights.

brianhorn

This is my first post, and I sure hope my spelling and grammar meet up to the standards.;) :)

I was wondering if anyone else feels that one of the main reasons the Dining Plan was changed for 2008 (to not include tips or appetizers) was so Disney's out-of-pocket expenses would be less, thus they could offer and promote free Dining even more than they have in the past (which was quite a bit).

What I found intresting is that it did not say anything on the flyer about the dining plan change. Do they mention it when you book or do you just get surprised next year.

JimboJones123

What I found intresting is that it did not say anything on the flyer about the dining plan change. Do they mention it when you book or do you just get surprised next year.
Wow, that would be a really crappy surprise to find out that you would be paying another hundred bucks + out of pocket once you got there. Especially if you travel like us. We don't bring our cards. We have a budget and stick to it. If you didn't know there would be an added tipping expense, that could be very difficult on a family. I hope they remedy this.

Magicfinder

I believe nothing is mentioned when you're booking your trip (unless you ask specifically about it). Later when you receive your packet of information (after booking) it explains the "benefits" of the plan & what you do get (not the "differences" from the previous plan and what you no longer get).

natalia1681

Can anybody confirm that they are still doing this? I am going Monday and I'm thinking that I will have to go ahead and book for next year, (even though I swore to my friends that we could go somewhere else next year:p).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom