Free dining extended into December

I am with you wendysue. It's not fair. We "were" going 11/5-11/12 "but with no dining this year" probably going to have to cancel. :(We were able to get dining last year same week with a pin code. All ressies made praying for a fall package and I didn't think it would of been this kind of a "FALL". Without free dining our trip this year is really out of reach. I could understand holidays. But Jersey week, it was enjoyable last year the same week. Our son is a sophomore in high school with a few days off this week so we planned around it, for our annual disney fix. I don't know what to do!!!!!!:veryconfu:veryconfuI guess just pray for some disney magic with some pixie dust sprinkled upon all of us that have blackout days.

rudyjr13

Does this sound right to you guys?

Reservation for 2 Bedroom Villa at Beach Club from 12/9-12/16 which falls just out of the free dining window start date of 12/10 for that period. I called cust service to see about changing my reservation to 12/10-12/16 so 6 nights instead of 7 and she said we couldn't get the free dining even if we did that. Does that sound right? They won't just apply free dining to existing reservations...it has to be a certain hotel and certain room type? There are 2 bedrooms available for free dining at other resorts but we wanted to stay at BC.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Reservation for 2 Bedroom Villa at Beach Club from 12/9-12/16 which falls just out of the free dining window start date of 12/10 for that period. I called cust service to see about changing my reservation to 12/10-12/16 so 6 nights instead of 7 and she said we couldn't get the free dining even if we did that. Does that sound right? They won't just apply free dining to existing reservations...it has to be a certain hotel and certain room type? There are 2 bedrooms available for free dining at other resorts but we wanted to stay at BC.
Unfortunately yes. BW is a very popular resort and is more than likely not having issues filling rooms. Odds are that OKW and SSR will have what you want with free dining but if you want to stay at BW you are kind of out of luck unless people start canceling.

wannabeBelle

Unfortunately yes. BW is a very popular resort and is more than likely not having issues filling rooms. Odds are that OKW and SSR will have what you want with free dining but if you want to stay at BW you are kind of out of luck unless people start canceling.

Exactly my thought as well. This is why unless the client plans on traveling at that time of the year regardless of any possible discounts later, I dont encourage booking ahead of time. Can a discount be applied after a booking is done? Sure and we do try to do so proactively when we can here at Kingdom Konsultant Travel for our clients. However if resorts are booking well that may lower or completely eliminate any availability for rooms with the discount promotion at that resort. Marie

GOT2SAMMIES

The short answer is no. Sometimes during free dining Disney will allow you to use a TS credit for a CS meal but they have never let you trade up. Aslo if you book a moderate you will get the basic plan which it 1 TS 1 CS and 1 snack. You can also pat to upgrade the QS plan to the basic plan or even the deluxe plan if you wish.

Great News Yoda! I got an email today for a pin code for free dinning for the period in November! I have already priced it but I was wondering how do I book my VMCP tickets for that week? Do I just buy them at the resort? Also what value and moderate resort have rooms for 5 people (the stupid site keeps giving me errors!)
thanks!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Great News Yoda! I got an email today for a pin code for free dinning for the period in November! I have already priced it but I was wondering how do I book my VMCP tickets for that week? Do I just buy them at the resort? Also what value and moderate resort have rooms for 5 people (the stupid site keeps giving me errors!)
thanks!
You can order your MVMCP tickets in a variety of ways. You can either get them online, over the phone or at the parks. I would recommend getting them in advance either online or over the phone and use "will call" for the shipping method. It is free and it eliminates the possibility of accidentally leaving your tickets at home. There is only one moderate resort that can handle a party of 5 and that is Port Orleans Riverside but at least one member of your party will need to be a child so they can fit on the trundle bed. For a party of 5 at a value you will either need to get two rooms or book one of the value suites at All Star Music.

rudyjr13

Thanks for the response. Do you think it's worth my time writing a "letter" via email to Disney about this? I understand why they do what they do with the discounts to draw people into resorts that aren't booking, but if you think I may get the dining applied to our 2 bedroom BeachClub Villa by letting them know how disappointing it is, I'll take 10 minutes and email. Any suggestion what email address to send to if you recommended?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the response. Do you think it's worth my time writing a "letter" via email to Disney about this? I understand why they do what they do with the discounts to draw people into resorts that aren't booking, but if you think I may get the dining applied to our 2 bedroom BeachClub Villa by letting them know how disappointing it is, I'll take 10 minutes and email. Any suggestion what email address to send to if you recommended?
You can always try but they really have no incentive to do it. Disney is not having any problems booking the rooms at BW at full price so there is no reason to offer them at a lower one. If you cancel but there is a waiting list of people ready to take your spot so right now the mouse is holding all the cards.

rudyjr13

Update

Just wanted to give everyone interested an update on my situation...and it's GOOD NEWS! To recap, I have a 2 Bedroom Villa reserved at the Beach Club from 12/9-12/16. When I called to find out about adding the Free Dining package to our reservation, they told me we couldn't do it unless we moved to 12/10 as our start date and that there were no 2 Bedroom Villas at the Beach Club available for the discount. We would have to change hotels to Saratoga, OKW, or the AKL for a 2 bedroom or split up rooms, which turned out to be more expensive. We really wanted to stay at BC because it's our favorite resort.

So I decided to send an email using the Contact Us page on the disneyworld.com site. I basically said how disappointing it was that we couldn't apply the free dining to our existing reservation, which by the way is one of their most expensive rooms. I said how I understood that they use the discounts to draw in new reservations to hotels that were not booking up but that we should be able to apply it to our existing reservation.

Well I got a call yesterday from a VERY nice agent saying they have applied the free dining to our existing 12/9-12/16 reservation. It's nice to know Disney is still keeping up with their excellent customer service reputation. Needless to say, our entire party is thrilled to be saving close to $600 per couple since we were going to buy the dining plan. For us, we have 4 adults and 1 child that will be a year going, we really wanted the dining plan so we could enjoy places like Le Cellier, Narcousis, and Chef Mickey's among others.

Just goes to show, you never know and it can't hurt to email customer service, especially when you already committed the amount of cash we did for our vacation! Now we just need to wait 5 more months.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom