Free dining extended into December

wendysue

I don't understand why certain weeks are blocked out. We are booked Nov. 6 - 13, so no chance to get the free dining added on. Makes no sense.
:brick:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I don't understand why certain weeks are blocked out. We are booked Nov. 6 - 13, so no chance to get the free dining added on. Makes no sense.
:brick:
Promotions are based off of booking rates. Those weeks are blacked out more than likely due to the resorts being booked to an acceptable level during that time.

Tears0Fire3000

50 min. on the phone was so worth it! Even though we're staying at a value and get the quick serv. free, we upgrade to the reg. dining plan and STILL saved 640! That's more then 300 each.

NYwdwfan

I have 12/12 to 12/18 booked at Poly with 40% off - I know they don't allow double discounts but does anyone know if 40% off is better than free dining for a family of 4? Should I call to try to switch?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I have 12/12 to 12/18 booked at Poly with 40% off - I know they don't allow double discounts but does anyone know if 40% off is better than free dining for a family of 4? Should I call to try to switch?
If all 4 are 10 or older than it is possible but not all that likely. If any members of your party are 9 or younger then it is very unlikely that free dining will be a better deal. In any event you will have to run the numbers to be sure.

GOT2SAMMIES

Promotions are based off of booking rates. Those weeks are blacked out more than likely due to the resorts being booked to an acceptable level during that time.

DANG! That was the week I was going to book once the promotions come out!:hammer:I was looking forward to some free dinning cause we normally dont do the table service cause they too $$$$$! I wanted to see the christmas parade this year! can't go at the end of august!

Are there any promotions for that week? Maybe room discounts?
Question: If my mom comes with me on vacation (she is a florida resident) would there be any florida resident discounts we could use even though she is the only resident (but staying in the room with us?)
thanks!:wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
DANG! That was the week I was going to book once the promotions come out!:hammer:I was looking forward to some free dinning cause we normally dont do the table service cause they too $$$$$! I wanted to see the christmas parade this year! can't go at the end of august!

Are there any promotions for that week? Maybe room discounts?
Question: If my mom comes with me on vacation (she is a florida resident) would there be any florida resident discounts we could use even though she is the only resident (but staying in the room with us?)
thanks!:wave:
Nothing yet. If your mother comes you can get Florida resident room only rates (if available) but that is it.

NYwdwfan

Thanks Master Yoda :) I ran the #s and since my kids are under 9 it would be $200 more for free dining. Keeping what I got (and counting the days!!)

CoastalX

WOO HOO! got free dining, and was able to add 3 more days to our trip for get this..........only $8.21 more than my original package price. Not bad for 3 days of room, tickets, and food :) :xmas:

COProgressFan

And this perfectly aligns with Iger and Staggs' comments that discounts would be diminshing this year.... :ROFLOL:

Still, for now...good news to all those who will get a benefit from this. Maybe a better approach would be to price the rooms and food at more reasonable rates to begin with, so massive, endless discounting wouldn't be necessary. But what do I know?

dorothy_l

Does anyone know if I booked through the Disney Sports to get the Running/Half Marathon discount would I still be able to get the free dining? I will be running at the Wine and Dine this year and got the runner's package.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Does anyone know if I booked through the Disney Sports to get the Running/Half Marathon discount would I still be able to get the free dining? I will be running at the Wine and Dine this year and got the runner's package.
You will not be able to use both discounts but you can switch th the greater of the two.

stmize

Since I moved my arrival date up one day, My dh may have to arrive several hours later than dd and myself. The reservation is in my name, we are in the same room, can I check in for all of us or do they have to be present. My dd and I just want to get checked in and head to the parks and wait on them.

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Since I moved my arrival date up one day, My dh may have to arrive several hours later than dd and myself. The reservation is in my name, we are in the same room, can I check in for all of us or do they have to be present. My dd and I just want to get checked in and head to the parks and wait on them.

You can check in and head to the parks but he will have to check in when he arrives. No you do not have to wait for him.

Pam

thewhitequeen

I guess Iger meant he was going to dial back the discounts next year 2011, not this current year. :ROFLOL:

Looks to be a good deal though!

So I am wondering if I travel during free dining in September, will the possible bounceback offer in the room for next year extend into December as well? I would love to get my plans all ready for next year and really hope to visit at the beginning of Dec. Does anyone know how those bounceback dates work?

Magical Dreamer

So Cool ....Saved $1816.00 on our 10 night stay for our family of 5 ........

Made our ADR's at 180 days out with an arrival date of November 12th so now we're all set.

:ROFLOL:

Disneykidder

I wish they would have it in July!! We are going next July because of our wedding anniv/renewal of vows in Disney so having the free dining would be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom