Free dining extended into December

3WaltFans

Total Ripoff

We called and with the dining plan it was going up over $900 - we booked online today, without dining plan.

When we called she had no idea why it was so much more than online, well it must not be free. To get the free dining you will pay more for the hotel!

Magical Dreamer

Total Ripoff

We called and with the dining plan it was going up over $900 - we booked online today, without dining plan.

When we called she had no idea why it was so much more than online, well it must not be free. To get the free dining you will pay more for the hotel!

You must not have met the minimum requirements of the promotion...

States:

"Buy a 5-night/6-day Magic Your Way room and ticket package and get a FREE dining plan for select arrival dates from 8/15-10/7/10, 10/22-10/28/10, 11/12-11/18/10, 11/27-12/2/10, and 12/10-12/21/10.

I wish they had not blocked out 12/2 to 12/10! That cuts right into our 12 days. The CM crunched the numbers and splitting up or ressie would not save us anything. I hope they come out with room discounts with no blockout dates for Dec or we will be packing food/ eating very light and not buying anything while there. :mad:

COProgressFan

Total Ripoff

Very true. While you get the "free" dining plan, you also are paying rack rate for the room. So depending on the number of guests in your party, as well as the type of resort you stay at (value, mod, deluxe) it can often be a much better value to get a discounted room instead. Especially when deluxes and DVC villas have frequently been going at 40 - 45% off as of late.

With the free dining, you are committing to Disney upfront that you will be paying full price for the room andd eating all your meals on Disney property.

There's some funny accounting that goes on sometimes, and sometimes "free" isn't always the best value.

TxNewsies

I wish they had not blocked out 12/2 to 12/10! That cuts right into our 12 days. The CM crunched the numbers and splitting up or ressie would not save us anything. I hope they come out with room discounts with no blockout dates for Dec or we will be packing food/ eating very light and not buying anything while there. :mad:

I am right there with you! We are going 12/5-12/10 and am so disappointed that those dates are blocked. =( We were hoping for a good discount so we could upgrade our hotel. I shall continue being sad. :(

scoobygirl39541

great news! I was hoping they'd annouce this. We're going Dec 15-21 so we could only use the 40% on half of our trip, this time our entire trip falls under the choice dates. yay!!

DME

So If I arrive on the 21st of Dec (which is the last day that the free dining is offered) and I stay for a week, can I get free dining for my entire stay? Or is it only good for the 1st day?

Keri

It cannot hurt to call and ask. We went Thanksgiving week last year. The last part of the week was blocked dates but I decided to call anyway. We got the WHOLE week FREE dining. Your customer service rep on the other end could be in a good mood!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
So If I arrive on the 21st of Dec (which is the last day that the free dining is offered) and I stay for a week, can I get free dining for my entire stay? Or is it only good for the 1st day?
Typically it will be for your entire trip but you will need to call and confirm.

Bennyrn12

I really am puzzled about their whole system. I found out about this around noon yesterday and called right away to change my existing ressie (which met all requirements) and was told that it was not available at the WL. My Moms AAA agent called at 2 and was able to get their 2 reservations changed to the free dining at the WL. Had the same AAA agent call back 15 minutes later for a new ressie for me and was told there are no rooms available. How can there not be rooms at noon, 2 rooms no problem at 2 and none at 2? Very disappointing.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
I really am puzzled about their whole system. I found out about this around noon yesterday and called right away to change my existing ressie (which met all requirements) and was told that it was not available at the WL. My Moms AAA agent called at 2 and was able to get their 2 reservations changed to the free dining at the WL. Had the same AAA agent call back 15 minutes later for a new ressie for me and was told there are no rooms available. How can there not be rooms at noon, 2 rooms no problem at 2 and none at 2? Very disappointing.
Even on a normal day rooms can go from available, to not available and back again several times per day. Add in the fact that a new and very popular promotion was released and that WL is one of the most popular resorts on property the situation you described does not surprise me in the least.

mickeysshoes

Typically it will be for your entire trip but you will need to call and confirm.

We check in on the 8/14 and free dining starts on the 15th...(i had to make 2 reservations one for the 14th and recheck in on the 15th for the week and pray we dont have to change rooms). I have asked this trip and last if they would give me the free dining for the entire trip and i have never had any luck. Has anyone been able to get this to work?? If so how/what did you do or say?? I would love to have one reservation and another night of meals. :wave:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
We check in on the 8/14 and free dining starts on the 15th...(i had to make 2 reservations one for the 14th and recheck in on the 15th for the week and pray we dont have to change rooms). I have asked this trip and last if they would give me the free dining for the entire trip and i have never had any luck. Has anyone been able to get this to work?? If so how/what did you do or say?? I would love to have one reservation and another night of meals. :wave:
Typically if your day of arrival is within the available dates you will get the promotion for your length of stay. If your arrival date is not within the available dates you only choices are to move your dates or break up your reservation.

mickeysshoes

Typically if your day of arrival is within the available dates you will get the promotion for your length of stay. If your arrival date is not within the available dates you only choices are to move your dates or break up your reservation.

Ok, thanks very much Master Yoda..

elfshadowreaper

I made reservations for my honeymoon with check-in on 8/14 and departure on 8/20 and we were offered free dining(I think one sit down, one quick service, and one snack per person per day) for the duration. That may be because it's a honeymoon though. I was reading about extra special surprises in the honeymoon forum and apparently your best bet would be not to ask for the perks. When I made the reservations I called knowing we'd probably get some special treatment(but didn't ask) and we did get the free dining(which I assumed was for everyone) and the cast member said they'd leave a surprise in our room too. I was tempted to see about an upgrade to a better resort that some others are getting, but I've resisted the temptation to call and request it.

wendysue

I was hanging on to our res to see if free dining would be offered, and it is, but not the week we are scheduled. :cry: I already have plane fare, non-refundable or changeable. I know it sounds petty, but having the free dining would have made the trip possible, saving several hundred in food costs. It's stupid to think that the people going the week before and after save that much. Will cancel WDW and just go to visit some friends in Florida.

mickeysshoes

I made reservations for my honeymoon with check-in on 8/14 and departure on 8/20 and we were offered free dining(I think one sit down, one quick service, and one snack per person per day) for the duration. That may be because it's a honeymoon though. I was reading about extra special surprises in the honeymoon forum and apparently your best bet would be not to ask for the perks. When I made the reservations I called knowing we'd probably get some special treatment(but didn't ask) and we did get the free dining(which I assumed was for everyone) and the cast member said they'd leave a surprise in our room too. I was tempted to see about an upgrade to a better resort that some others are getting, but I've resisted the temptation to call and request it.

Congrats on the wedding and have lots of fun on your honeymoon. I think you got the 14th as a special honeymoon gift!!! That is awesome!!

GOT2SAMMIES

question

Got another dumb question for Master Yoda. If I book a Value/Moderate resort with the quick service Dinning (2 quick and two snacks pp) Can I use 2 quick dinners credits for a Table Service? Then we would just eat on our own the rest of the day:shrug:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Original Poster
Got another dumb question for Master Yoda. If I book a Value/Moderate resort with the quick service Dinning (2 quick and two snacks pp) Can I use 2 quick dinners credits for a Table Service? Then we would just eat on our own the rest of the day:shrug:
The short answer is no. Sometimes during free dining Disney will allow you to use a TS credit for a CS meal but they have never let you trade up. Aslo if you book a moderate you will get the basic plan which it 1 TS 1 CS and 1 snack. You can also pat to upgrade the QS plan to the basic plan or even the deluxe plan if you wish.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom