Free Dining and Deluxe Dining Plan

stefan74

Hello All!

When the free dining campaign comes out, does it include the Deluxe Dining Plan or only the Regular Dining Plan and Quick Service Dining Plan? I know it includes both the latter but I am unsure if it includes the Deluxe Dining Plan. I am thinking the answer is no but wanted to hear it from other people.

Have a magical day!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Typically you will get free quick service dining at a value resort and the regular dining plan at a moderate or above. To my knowledge, the deluxe dining plan has never been offered for free, but you can always upgrade to the next level for the just difference in price between what you receive for free and what you upgrade to.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

In the UK you don't get any free dining plan if you book value.It's QS with mods and TS with deluxe but you can upgrade.As far as deluxe dining plan I've often heard it's way too much food.:)

Upvote 0

Mukta

I did the DxDP on my last long trip to WDW and it was wonderful to eat in so many great restaurants (signatures). It won't be offered for free, but you can upgrade to that plan from the other 2 plans.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hello All!

When the free dining campaign comes out, does it include the Deluxe Dining Plan or only the Regular Dining Plan and Quick Service Dining Plan? I know it includes both the latter but I am unsure if it includes the Deluxe Dining Plan. I am thinking the answer is no but wanted to hear it from other people.

Have a magical day!!

It does not include Deluxe Dining Plan but you can pay the difference. I think for use to upgrade with from our free dining to deluxe was about $600. We didn't do it but it can be done.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbell 8

We upgraded to the deluxe dining plan on our trip in March from the free TS dining plan and it was well worth it for us. We ate breakfast everyday and then we had dinner at a signature restaurant every night so I do not think it was too much food if you do it that way. We are going in 22 days and again I upgraded to the deluxe dining plan because of how amazing all the signature restaurants were and also because I want to use a lot of my snack credits at the F&W festival.

Upvote 0

DisneyWildcat

Saw commercial last night on history channel and had free dinning most of year except may 28 through sometime in Aug. But weird thing only saw once and nothing has been posted on Disney site yet. Sorry wasn't last night it was Tuesday night.

Upvote 0

JCtheparrothead

I got free Deluxe Dining on my trip starting on November 24th but I seriously think that there was a mistake on the computation on Disney's part. I am staying at a 1 bedroom at Beach Club (10 day PH) with 3 adults and 2 kids (3 and 1) for 7 nights for right around 6K. Maybe i got lucky and someone screwed up.

Upvote 0

wiigirl

I got free Deluxe Dining on my trip starting on November 24th but I seriously think that there was a mistake on the computation on Disney's part. I am staying at a 1 bedroom at Beach Club (10 day PH) with 3 adults and 2 kids (3 and 1) for 7 nights for right around 6K. Maybe i got lucky and someone screwed up.

That sounds awesome! Congrats on the free Deluxe Dining. :p
75.gif

Upvote 0

stefan74

Original Poster
I just got an email offer to today for Free Dining. I am a Disney Visa cardholder and the email stated it was exclusive to card holders now but will be going public in a few days. Thanks to all of the answers. Do you need to dress up at the Signature Restaurants? We would prefer to stay in our shorts since we will be going in September.

Upvote 0

acrab3t

I just got an email offer to today for Free Dining. I am a Disney Visa cardholder and the email stated it was exclusive to card holders now but will be going public in a few days. Thanks to all of the answers. Do you need to dress up at the Signature Restaurants? We would prefer to stay in our shorts since we will be going in September.
You have me excited! I am waiting on my e-mail from Chase! How many nights do you have to book for free dining with the new offer?

You can wear shorts to Signature restaurants. The only one that requires a jacket is Victoria and Albert's. I don't think they even take the dining plan so you won't have to worry. My husband has worn Khaki shorts and t-shirts to Narcossies, Brown Derby and Le Cellier. They just don't want tank tops and cut-offs.

Upvote 0

stefan74

Original Poster
I just looked at the email and it doesn't state how many nights you have to stay in order to get the free dining. It does stipulate that the free dining cannot be used on 3 bedroom villas and Little Mermaid Rooms at AOA. All you have to do is book your vacation with your Disney Visa Card and it has to be booked by December 31, 2012. It covers dates 1/2 through 3/7 of next year.

Thanks for the info on the dress code for Signature Restaurants.

Upvote 0

acrab3t

I just looked at the email and it doesn't state how many nights you have to stay in order to get the free dining. It does stipulate that the free dining cannot be used on 3 bedroom villas and Little Mermaid Rooms at AOA. All you have to do is book your vacation with your Disney Visa Card and it has to be booked by December 31, 2012. It covers dates 1/2 through 3/7 of next year.

Thanks for the info on the dress code for Signature Restaurants.
I got my e-mail from Chase last night!:) We will be calling tonight to see if it worth it to add and extra day (we were just going for 4 nights).

Upvote 0

Lucky

To clarify the offer for 1/2 to 3/7 does not say free dining - it's heavily discounted but not free.

And as with other threads on dining plan promos, there's some confusion created by different promos being offered for UK and US residents, and you can't always tell which country someone is posting from.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom