Free Dining 2015?

draybook

@draybook
I cannot say with certainty here is my current theory on the ability to Modify existing packages. It has to be tested and verified which is difficult to do myself. After reading a thread of the forums this is my current POV (see this thread):

If you book a vacation on the phone or with the assistance of a WDW CM - you will not be able to modify it. Presumably, because a CM has 'touched the reservation'.

If you book online by yourself - you might be able to see an option to modify the reservation in the 'Reservation and Tickets' section of MDE.

As I said, it is difficult to test myself so I am relying on the testimonials of others. But I CAN say that I typically book on the phone and I never see the ability to 'modify' my reservation.

That sounds right because ours was a phone operator assisted bounce back.

pajammies

Yay, I got through! It was strange though, I was not put on hold, it went straight to a person. I thought once I got the call to go through I'd be on hold for an hour.
No Pop preferred rooms available though, only standard. (when I asked)

jengrey

I booked through Dreams Unlimited, currently booked for a room at POFQ but I emailed my agent and asked if it'd be possible to switch to Riverside to get the free dining (I'll be there for the Riverside qualifying dates). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out. I love POFQ, but it'd be worth the change in accommodations for the free dining! Also, I've never stayed at Riverside before, so I'd like to try it.

Ausdaddy

I booked through Dreams Unlimited, currently booked for a room at POFQ but I emailed my agent and asked if it'd be possible to switch to Riverside to get the free dining (I'll be there for the Riverside qualifying dates). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work out. I love POFQ, but it'd be worth the change in accommodations for the free dining! Also, I've never stayed at Riverside before, so I'd like to try it.

I hope it works out for you. I think Riverside still has preferred rooms and royal rooms available.

draybook

Did you book your reservation through Disney or a TA? If you booked through Disney, if you go to your "My Reservations and Tickets" on your account, it should show up there.

We did it through the phone operator before we checked out. We only have a cancel option. I finally got through but it's saying I have a two hour wait and I'm at work.

Tinkerbella16

We did it through the phone operator before we checked out. We only have a cancel option. I finally got through but it's saying I have a two hour wait and I'm at work.
Ugh! I am somewhat relieved I picked a week that is not offered for FD so I don't have to deal with this hassle. It is always a mess the day it gets released. I hope you end up getting through and get what you need!

MissingDisney

We planned our vacation with no thought whatsoever of free dining. Haven't had the dining plan in years. We haven't been in the later months for a few years and planned around getting to see the Christmas decorations, party, etc. However, if I can get it, why not try? But this? This is madness...

pajammies

Try being on hold two and a half hours and getting disconnected as you are giving them your reservation number not once but twice
Nope...can't even get through...I would love to be on hold. And the website is a mess.

I don't understand how I got through, well I guess I do, the phones are jacked up. Maybe It was a dream...

The website is horrible!!
Good luck!

Took about 30 minutes or so to get thru, I ended up a calling a number I saw on the my magic plus line.(Ended up being Internet help) who transferred me to reservations. I was on the phone maybe 20 minutes

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom