Free Dining 2015?

UberPlannerMom

tried to change the date to the 17th through 24th and still nothing... :(

We ended up with two rooms at sports which saved us $400 but everyone excuse me while I pout for a bit.

R. Mexico

Hey my plan was to start my vacation on August 26th. If I got reservations using the FD plan starting the 28th, can i use my tickets that i purchased from that reservation if I booked a room on the 26th and 27th? Does that make sense?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Hey my plan was to start my vacation on August 26th. If I got reservations using the FD plan starting the 28th, can i use my tickets that i purchased from that reservation if I booked a room on the 26th and 27th? Does that make sense?
Yes, we did this last year. We weren't able to activate them until we arrived though. We couldn't make fast pass reservations for any days prior to the start of our package until concierge activated the tickets early.

UberPlannerMom

I think what you are asking is if you would need to buy two sets of tickets to go with each reservation or if you could just buy one set that was attached to that first reservation since you want to go to the parks on those two earlier days. If that right?

If so, I am pretty sure the answer is that you would need two sets of tickets. While we are all referring to this as free dining what it really is is a package. You get your room, a number of days admission, park hopper and dining for the cost of the room, admission and park hopper (or water parks and more.) Does that help?

PrincessNelly_NJ

Hmmm...should have talked to your C M. Ours weren't activated until day of...guess it depends who you ask. We were at POFQ.
We were at POR our first two days then switched to our FD package at POFQ last year. When we check into POR they offered to activate them. But CM at the front gates can activate them early as well. Disney will say they don't activated tickets early, because they make more money if you have to buy tickets for both reservations

PrincessNelly_NJ

I think what you are asking is if you would need to buy two sets of tickets to go with each reservation or if you could just buy one set that was attached to that first reservation since you want to go to the parks on those two earlier days. If that right?

If so, I am pretty sure the answer is that you would need two sets of tickets. While we are all referring to this as free dining what it really is is a package. You get your room, a number of days admission, park hopper and dining for the cost of the room, admission and park hopper (or water parks and more.) Does that help?
No you don't, We just did this last year, tickets can be activated 3 days early. The first reservation would have to be a RO reservation and the second portion FD. We got two sets of Magic Bands but both worked without switching between bands.

R. Mexico

Thanks! I wonder if I could call and see if they could work that out in some way. We''ll see:)

UberPlannerMom

We were at POR our first two days then switched to our FD package at POFQ last year. When we check into POR they offered to activate them. But CM at the front gates can activate them early as well. Disney will say they don't activated tickets early, because they make more money if you have to buy tickets for both reservations
Love that you were able to do that. I know that we couldn't do that, not because they can't (no idea) but because if I planned on that my husband would question me about it until my head exploded into a million little pieces!

PrincessNelly_NJ

Love that you were able to do that. I know that we couldn't do that, not because they can't (no idea) but because if I planned on that my husband would question me about it until my head exploded into a million little pieces!
I wasn't sure I could either but I actually found out through the DISboards we could. But they told us that we had to go to the park to get them but POR did it right at check in. The only issue we had really was, the day our dining plan started, instead of deducting credits from the plan on our FD ressie at FQ, the system was charging the food to our room tab at POR. So we had to spend some time at the front desk sorting out that. And we weren't able to get our refillable mugs until the following day because the system couldn't understand that we had left POR & checked into POFQ. :confused:

UberPlannerMom

I wasn't sure I could either but I actually found out through the DISboards we could. But they told us that we had to go to the park to get them but POR did it right at check in. The only issue we had really was, the day our dining plan started, instead of deducting credits from the plan on our FD ressie at FQ, the system was charging the food to our room tab at POR. So we had to spend some time at the front desk sorting out that. And we weren't able to get our refillable mugs until the following day because the system couldn't understand that we had left POR & checked into POFQ. :confused:
Oh my gosh, yeah, I would have been really annoyed by that! and the mug issue would have cost me a ton of money because I am married to a water buffalo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom