Free Dining 2015?

Kingoglow

Does anyone else think the date ranges provide are a bit wonky?

The first date range ends on a Friday (10/2), the second date range ends on a Saturday (10/31), the third range ends on a Thursday (11/19) and the last date range ends on A Monday (12/21).

There are many differences from this offer than in the past. You have to purchase a hopper with water parks and more (almost completely off sets the dining plan price). More exclusions on stay locations (mostly DVC properties added).

For some reason, I cannot span my vacation dates past the free dining offer date ranges. I was looking to book for 10/29-11/2. The system wont let me do that.

Lucky

There are many differences from this offer than in the past. You have to purchase a hopper with water parks and more (almost completely off sets the dining plan price). More exclusions on stay locations (mostly DVC properties added).

It's PH or WP&M upgrade, right? That costs (for a whole week or whatever) about the same as 1 day of the DDP.

ninjaprincesst

Does anyone else think the date ranges provide are a bit wonky?

The first date range ends on a Friday (10/2), the second date range ends on a Saturday (10/31), the third range ends on a Thursday (11/19) and the last date range ends on A Monday (12/21).

For some reason, I cannot span my vacation dates past the free dining offer date ranges. I was looking to book for 10/29-11/2. The system wont let me do that.

It says park hopper or waterparks and more not
It's PH or WP&M upgrade, right? That costs (for a whole week or whatever) about the same as 1 day of the DDP.
Yes it is ph or water parks and more. We already have park hopper, Im just wondering if I will ever get off of hold. lol

pajammies

I honestly, never had a problem getting through on the phone when they released to Visa holders first. This is the first time ever that I can't get through. It usually answers and puts you on hold, this time, I'm getting all sorts of "your call didn't go through" and/or busy signal. Good luck doing anything online, I just tried for the heck of it, and it took me in a loop, several times.
ugh!

Kingoglow

@draybook
I cannot say with certainty here is my current theory on the ability to Modify existing packages. It has to be tested and verified which is difficult to do myself. After reading a thread of the forums this is my current POV (see this thread):

If you book a vacation on the phone or with the assistance of a WDW CM - you will not be able to modify it. Presumably, because a CM has 'touched the reservation'.

If you book online by yourself - you might be able to see an option to modify the reservation in the 'Reservation and Tickets' section of MDE.

As I said, it is difficult to test myself so I am relying on the testimonials of others. But I CAN say that I typically book on the phone and I never see the ability to 'modify' my reservation.

Ausdaddy

I was redialing when the phone lines opened at 7AM. It picked up and said, "We are experiencing technical difficulties". It then rang straight through to an agent. LOL. The website is impossible right now. I can't believe they skipped Visa cardholders. Looks like they caught most people off guard with this.

kangaroo20

@draybook
I cannot say with certainty here is my current theory on the ability to Modify existing packages. It has to be tested and verified which is difficult to do myself. After reading a thread of the forums this is my current POV (see this thread):

If you book a vacation on the phone or with the assistance of a WDW CM - you will not be able to modify it. Presumably, because a CM has 'touched the reservation'.

If you book online by yourself - you might be able to see an option to modify the reservation in the 'Reservation and Tickets' section of MDE.

As I said, it is difficult to test myself so I am relying on the testimonials of others. But I CAN say that I typically book on the phone and I never see the ability to 'modify' my reservation.

For those that booked online: We booked our reservations online a month ago and modified this morning. When I clicked modify reservation it gives you the options of changing specific parts of your reservation. First option was keeping your standard vacation package or switching to the Special Offer: One Free Delicious Offer since our dates were already in the time frame and we already had PH so it was a very simple process. Although it did take about 30 minutes to do 4 reservations since they are a few steps to modifying each reservation. Received immediate email confirmation of package change.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom