Free Dining 2013?

ndtechie05

Hello my wife and I are waiting on the free dining option before booking as we have done this the past 2 years. Has there been any evidence of them offering free dining before the year is over?

HouCuseChickie

I was looking on Mousesavers and there are some slight differences with the room discounts if you are just looking for a Room Only discount...

Disney’s Visa cardholders can save up to 30% on Walt Disney World Resort hotel stays, most nights 8/15/13 – 9/28/13.
Discounts off rack rates:
  • 5% off – all Deluxe suites, All-Star Movies, Animal Kingdom Lodge (savannah view and Club Level), Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary (theme park view & Club Level), Port Orleans-French Quarter
  • 15% off - Art of Animation (family suites)
  • 20% off – All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Contemporary (standard rooms), Grand Floridian, Pop Century, Polynesian
  • 25% off - Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans-Riverside, Ft. Wilderness Cabins
  • 30% off – Animal Kingdom Lodge (standard/pool view rooms), Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Old Key West, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club
Ft. Wilderness campsites, 3-bedroom villas and Little Mermaid rooms at Art of Animation Resort are not included in this offer. As with all Disney promotional discounts, some resorts, room types and date combinations will not be available. It’s important to be flexible if you want to book a discounted package.

***It stood out to me b/c for the Contemporary, it lumps in both Club Level and theme park view under the PITIFUL 5% discount. I was initially going for an MK view room on my first night as a treat and then to the garden wing for the rest of the trip. But 5% off the first night and 20% off the rest makes that far less enticing. I still want to stay MK area...so thinking about switching to a bunk bed room in WL. Not nearly as convenient, but I think we'll get over it for that kind of a price difference.

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

I just made a few more ADR's in anticipation of FreeDDP for October. If it happens then awesome, but if not then I can still cancel pretty far out from our trip so someone else can have those spots.

No big surprise here.... Be Our Guest is booked solid during our entire trip in 5 months. LOL

I will admit it. I truly thought FreeDDP was gone for good since it was not offered for the spring this year. Though I still want to say that the fall FreeDDP is finished, it does sound hopeful since the PIN codes are going out.

Upvote 0

matt9112

Umm...I'd be shocked if they didn't offer free dining since they have offered it for several years now (at least 4) and they know people anticipate it. Also, they have already offered it in the UK and in bounceback offers, which makes me think they will open it to the masses. But, not until summer (early June is when I anticipate hearing).

I'd also be shocked if a cast member actually said one way or another because I'm of the understanding they don't even know until the offer is released (or very shortly beforehand)???

so its the UKers we can blame =) i knew there gun control and fake princesses were good for nothing.

Upvote 0

WDWYankee15

Free dining PINs are being emailed for fall - just saved $1500 for November.
Yes pins are coming out for free dining this fall. Starts a week before the general free dining deal they just annouced this week and has additional dates in Oct, Nov and December. I got one yesterday and here are the dates:

For arrivals most nights 8/25–10/2/13,
10/18–10/31/13, 11/11–11/23/13,
11/30–12/4/13 and 12/15–12/22/13.

You have to purchase a non-discounted 5-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!

Upvote 0

G00fyDad

Yes pins are coming out for free dining this fall. Starts a week before the general free dining deal they just annouced this week and has additional dates in Oct, Nov and December. I got one yesterday and here are the dates:

You have to purchase a non-discounted 5-night/5-day Walt Disney Travel Company room and ticket package at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels!

Can anyone tell me if I'll still be able to take that free dining offer if it is offered for the general public and the dates are the same as the PIN code? I will not be arriving until the 11th and I'll be leaving on the 20th. TWO of my days are during that promotion. Will I still be able to take the free dining for the entire trip or just those two days? If it is just for those two days then its definitely not going to be worth it.

Upvote 0

AlfredE

Any Idea why they did not offer the Dining deal for 12/5 thru 12/14?? Naturally I had already put in for vacation time at work for those exact dates... Bummer.

Upvote 0

KayFeb13

So are we expecting this offer to be open to the public? If so when should I be watching for this? We are hoping to book for 11/23-11/29 If we check in on 11/23 would we get free dining for the whole week?

Upvote 0

Disneymama2006

Does anyone know if they might extend the dates to include Oct 5-12? I don't exactly know why they blacked out those dates:( Maybe a deal just for Visa card holders with extended dates? Have you heard of anything like this happening? We have a group of 10 that won't be able to go without FD :(

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom