FP+ does NOT open at midnight?!?!?!

dfisher9

I'm getting in on some attractions, having difficulties with others. I did get Anna and Elsa. Getting others that I probably would not have difficulty with in a month, but still making "reservations" for anyway.

I don't get how it says on one place "this is not a reservation" but then on another it says something to the affect "what time do you want a reservation".....forgive me, I don't remember the exact words.

How come there are attractions (Peter Pan, Rafiki, etc) that have no times listed. It's Disney World....they don't have Peter Pan available? My daughter LOVES Peter Pan....I noticed this for @3-4 things I tried to book

You might want to check to make sure you actually have Fastpasses for the attractions you chose. It sounds like you just added stuff to "My Plans" which is basically just a To Do list.

Tom

Beta Return
Our FP+ booking window opens tomorrow, but we're going to see if we can access things at midnight tonight. We don't have any unique situations like AP or special tickets - just room and tickets, all linked properly to our MDE accounts. We've also done this for a previous trip. So, barring issues with their servers, we should be OK.

disney4life2008

Just a side note, I would not worry about the Anna and Elsa return times having a long wait, the wait times in stand by have decreased dramaticly since they extended the A&E hours (for example current 3pm wait in standby is only 90 minutes) so fast pass should be much faster whenever you go

only 90 minutes? LOL that is a nightmare. what was it before?

disney4life2008

Update: Our 60 days opened at midnight, and we booked our FP's flawlessly for our August trip. Took about 25 minutes, and was a tremendously better experience than we had 6 months ago.

The app also appears to be in perfect sync with everything, as it's showing reservation, tickets, ADRs and now FP's.

I agree if nothing else, I appreciate having everything on one page once confirmed. Vast improvements since January. Still not 100% on board with FP+ but its nothing to argue about now.

Penelope

For both of those instances, you must have park tickets linked to your MDE profiles before advance FP+ reservations become available to you.

If you don't know much about FP+ and the whole My Disney Experience system, you might want to cruise through this page:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

-Rob

I thank you so much for posting this little caveat. I was planning to do what I have done in years past--buy my park tickets at the hotel when we arrive--I would have been so lost when midnight hit for my 60 day window! This is why I am reading in advance of all my deadlines. They've really made a Disney trip a chore to plan out with all these new features.

WDWFanDave

I'm not sure why so many people are experiencing issues. We had absolutely zero issues Saturday night. What kind of error are you getting?

It's got the locked symbol, and when I click on it, it says that I can't make any FP+ reservations until we check in. Full package booked on their website. ARGH!

If it wasn't for my lovely DD7, and her love of the place (she sees it through different glasses than I do anymore), I wouldn't be going through this crap. Had a terrible experience with the MBs last year.

Gonna try again in a few minutes...

PS-glad it worked for you!

cw1982

So, I just had a random musing about this whole "FP+ not working at midnight" thing...

I was just thinking to myself that Disney really shouldn't be doing their scheduled maintenance during the time when guests are most likely to try and get online to book their FP+'s... how inconsiderate of them!

Then I realized, I don't remember ever seeing an "official" time for when FP+ opens up. Yes, people on here have been having very good luck (until recently) with booking them at midnight, so I think a lot of us assumed that they automatically are supposed to happen that way...

Anyone ever actually seen anything on Disney's official website, in an email, or in writing anywhere else, that actually says that FP windows open at midnight? If not, then it seems to me that the issue is that Disney has not offically said what time the window opens. They need to look at fixing this by formally saying what time the window opens and making sure the website is working at that time on a regular basis.

*disclaimer* I got the "maintenance" thing from another post somewhere... it might have actually been worded as updates actually, and not maintenance at all. Either way, every instance I've seen of this so far has been people not being able to work the system at midnight, but some time between then and 5 or 6 am, the system starts working again, consistently (from my observations). This is not gospel by any means, just, like I said, my own random thoughts on the subject.

cw1982

It's got the locked symbol, and when I click on it, it says that I can't make any FP+ reservations until we check in. Full package booked on their website. ARGH!

If it wasn't for my lovely DD7, and her love of the place (she sees it through different glasses than I do anymore), I wouldn't be going through this crap. Had a terrible experience with the MBs last year.

Gonna try again in a few minutes...

PS-glad it worked for you!

If it doesn't work for you in a few minutes, from what I've read on other threads, your best bet might be to do to bed and try again early in the morning. Someone on another thread said that they were told that it has to do with updates running at that time, or something along those lines.

Good luck!

WDWFanDave

Since I'm hanging out for a few minutes, I noticed it said I could complete the online check-in, so I clicked on it (and have tried several times)...here's what I get:

Error

Sorry
We encountered an error.Please try again later.

I think it's about time for bed. :banghead:

ETA: finally worked after 1am. A&E already unavailable our first day. Got it on the last day, but holy cow.

Last edited:

NewfieFan

No worky for me either! And I stayed up until 1:30am (my time) to do this. Who's the fool now!?!

"We're Sorry...The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window." :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom