FP+ does NOT open at midnight?!?!?!

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
First time to Disney as an adult; I just booked for August 17-24 about 2 weeks ago. This weekend I learned about the 60 FP+ thing, now someone, who has MUCH more experience than me and who is going on August 16, said that FP+ did not open up until @5am.

Is it worth staying up until midnight? I do have to go to work tomorrow!

disney4life2008

It does open at midnight "eastern time". If you are interested in Elsa and Mine Train yes its worth it to stay up until midnight. But even still - with 60 days out you are good on everything at least until you are 30 days out when everyone else can. Even if you are unable to do it tonight - you will be able to get your selections tomorrow.

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
OK, thanks. Friend who tried at midnight last night was also on East Coast. She called Disney this morning and they said "it depends on how long it takes them to do the daily feed"

disney4life2008

That may be true. When I could do my FP+ I tried to stay up until midnight - then ended up not taking the time to do them until about 5 days later and was able to get everything. Elsa is the number 1 ticket right now so if you know the date you can secure that. But everything else you will be fine on. I suspect though at the 30 day mark is when things will begin to close when non resort APs and off property guests can use FP+

Tom

Beta Return
OK, thanks. Friend who tried at midnight last night was also on East Coast. She called Disney this morning and they said "it depends on how long it takes them to do the daily feed"

I don't know what she meant by that, but it is quite likely that they apply system updates during the wee hours, since that's when the system is least utilized, and the databases aren't being accessed at the parks.

But in general, it does become available at midnight eastern. Your mileage may vary though.

cw1982

Yep. It's supposed to be midnight, but someone on another thread had issues last night. If you're looking for Anna and Elsa and 7dmt, I'd stay up. For everything else, you should be more than fine after work tomorrow.

slappy magoo

I don't know what she meant by that, but it is quite likely that they apply system updates during the wee hours, since that's when the system is least utilized, and the databases aren't being accessed at the parks.

But in general, it does become available at midnight eastern. Your mileage may vary though.
My mileage is DEFINITELY varying.

cw1982

I can only book 30 days from today. LIKE A COMMONER! Fetch me my fainting ottoman!

Seriously, it's annoying.

Ok... I had to laugh. Sorry.

But yes, that would annoy me too. I'm seeing others say similar things on other threads, so it sounds like there is some kind of issue that they need to fix pronto.

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
I'm getting in on some attractions, having difficulties with others. I did get Anna and Elsa. Getting others that I probably would not have difficulty with in a month, but still making "reservations" for anyway.

I don't get how it says on one place "this is not a reservation" but then on another it says something to the affect "what time do you want a reservation".....forgive me, I don't remember the exact words.

How come there are attractions (Peter Pan, Rafiki, etc) that have no times listed. It's Disney World....they don't have Peter Pan available? My daughter LOVES Peter Pan....I noticed this for @3-4 things I tried to book

ChrissyBethS

Original Poster
Some attractions just have blinking times (9:00am-11:00pm). What does that mean? I can't seem to FP+ book it anywhere.

OK, I got Anna & Elsa, Cinderella & Rapunzel, Belle & Jasmine......Disney Junior show....Festival of the Lion King. Not sure if I needed to stay awake until Midnight for all this, but I did.

Thanks to anyone who answered questions for this newbie tonight.

I'm planning on surprising my 5 year old the morning of our trip :D

cw1982

I think they are having issues with the system right now. I'd check back tomorrow morning or afternoon and see what else opens up. Peter Pan should definitely not be booked up and unavailable that far out.

slappy magoo

Well since I threw my back out I usually wake up in pain around 3am anyway, which is what happened. So I checked again, things were up and running, There were A&E times available but usually not in the early morning, which is what I was shooting for since from what I'm reading, the later in the day your FP+ seems to be, the longer you wait, and that it's not uncommon for FP+ holders to wait 90 minutes if the standby line is the now-normal 5 hours. So I figured the earlier the FP+ the better. Got it for our check-out day. We'll have breakfast at Chef Mickey's, walk to MK, do the A&E M&G, another FP for Enchanted Tales With Belle, probably It's A Small World (my older daughter's favorite ride, so we need to get our fix in), and then we start heading back to the real world.

I'm sure it will come to nothing but I did send an email to the Disney website, asserting that the website said at midnight I had 60 days to go yet couldn't make any FP reservations. We'll see how they respond, if at all. I never saw any fine print that asserts something like "you can start making reservations at X:00 a.m. 60 days from your check-in day" though it may exist somewhere. Seems they ought to have a standard start time and post it clearly.

paul436

My last stay at WDW was in Dec 2010 so I will be using FP+ for the first time in August. When can I start making FP+ reservations? What is Elsa and why is it the top choice?

cw1982

@slappy magoo it's supposed to open at midnight unless they are changing the time and haven't told anyone. I think they are having problems with timing updates or something like that, based on comments in another thread (not gospel, I know, but as good a guess as anything else). Seems like they should be doing that stuff a few hours later, when people would not be as likely to be online trying to get their fastpasses.

Apparently it has happened at least two nights in a row now, so clearly something is up.

Glad you got what you needed, even if the times weren't perfect. I don't know where people are getting 90 minutes for the FP line, but if the standby line is now more like 2 hours, 90 minutes for FP doesn't make sense imo.

Rob562

My last stay at WDW was in Dec 2010 so I will be using FP+ for the first time in August. When can I start making FP+ reservations? What is Elsa and why is it the top choice?

If you are staying at an on-site Disney hotel, your window is 60 days from your check-in date and you can book for up to 10 days after that day.
If you are staying off-site, your window is 30 days from the particular day you're trying to book for.

For both of those instances, you must have park tickets linked to your MDE profiles before advance FP+ reservations become available to you.

If you don't know much about FP+ and the whole My Disney Experience system, you might want to cruise through this page:
http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus.htm

The Anna & Elsa Meet & Greet is insanely popular right now. It often fills up all available FP+ time slots on the 60-day mark.

-Rob

ninjaprincesst

Well since I threw my back out I usually wake up in pain around 3am anyway, which is what happened. So I checked again, things were up and running, There were A&E times available but usually not in the early morning, which is what I was shooting for since from what I'm reading, the later in the day your FP+ seems to be, the longer you wait, and that it's not uncommon for FP+ holders to wait 90 minutes if the standby line is the now-normal 5 hours. So I figured the earlier the FP+ the better. Got it for our check-out day. We'll have breakfast at Chef Mickey's, walk to MK, do the A&E M&G, another FP for Enchanted Tales With Belle, probably It's A Small World (my older daughter's favorite ride, so we need to get our fix in), and then we start heading back to the real world.

I'm sure it will come to nothing but I did send an email to the Disney website, asserting that the website said at midnight I had 60 days to go yet couldn't make any FP reservations. We'll see how they respond, if at all. I never saw any fine print that asserts something like "you can start making reservations at X:00 a.m. 60 days from your check-in day" though it may exist somewhere. Seems they ought to have a standard start time and post it clearly.
Just a side note, I would not worry about the Anna and Elsa return times having a long wait, the wait times in stand by have decreased dramaticly since they extended the A&E hours (for example current 3pm wait in standby is only 90 minutes) so fast pass should be much faster whenever you go

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom