Fox themed fifth gate or Hollywood Studios.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think the four fingers talk to the thumb. There's also this.

walt-disney-world-hollywood-studios-mickey-minnie-runaway-railway-opening-date.jpg

Yeah, and they changed these signs..
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/08/20861048_1777575145590457_2099441948_o-800x400.jpg
To these signs..
great-movie-ride-marquee-3.jpg

Change can happen to it and I still stand with Disney's Hollywood Adventure....

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Disney's Hollywood Adventure is the perfect name-- with MonstersLand coming, and the Muppet area cut-out (and wouldn't and Indiana Jones Land be awesome??), this could end up the best theme park of the four.

MonstersLand? Have I been living under a rock?

A 'land' in DHS themed to Monsters Inc. was at several times considered as a possibility. But our insiders are saying that, for now, it's off the table.

Jim Hill, however, says that it's on the table and likely with a Monsters Inc rollercoaster replacing RnRC. No other insider says the same. Plus, the MI rollercoaster would have been an system where your seat is hanging from a rail above, which is completely incompatible with RnRC, which would mean ripping out the RnRC to replace it. Not likely at all.

No Name

Yeah, and they changed these signs..
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2017/08/20861048_1777575145590457_2099441948_o-800x400.jpg
To these signs..
great-movie-ride-marquee-3.jpg

Change can happen to it and I still stand with Disney's Hollywood Adventure....

So you're proving my point?

If the signs were indicative of anything, then surely new signs reading "Please visit other Disney's Hollywood Studios attractions" and "Disney's Hollywood Studios or Bust!" would be more telling than "Adventure is near!" The name very well may be Disney Hollywood Adventure and I'm not denying that, but it's evident that the sign is mere coincidence, maybe just a result of their obsession with the word "adventure." You're reading into it too much.

Cmdr_Crimson

So you're proving my point?

If the signs were indicative of anything, then surely new signs reading "Please visit other Disney's Hollywood Studios attractions" and "Disney's Hollywood Studios or Bust!" would be more telling than "Adventure is near!" The name very well may be Disney Hollywood Adventure and I'm not denying that, but it's evident that the sign is mere coincidence, maybe just a result of their obsession with the word "adventure." You're reading into it too much.

Oh, not at all... It's just that it's I have a feeling the Third name of the park is the third time charmer for it. Also, the sign was at one point on the muppetvision side then it was removed and it now says "We have big plans" which I thought was a bit weird..

Jonnydanger

I think they should rename the park from MGM to Harvy Weinstein land after the weinstein company. They say that if you really want to capture what hollywood is really like, look no further than Harvy Weinstein. I am sure that Isner is good friends with Weintstein and they both run in the same circles.

bclane

I think they should rename the park from MGM to Harvy Weinstein land after the weinstein company. They say that if you really want to capture what hollywood is really like, look no further than Harvy Weinstein. I am sure that Isner is good friends with Weintstein and they both run in the same circles.
:jawdrop::eek::rolleyes:o_O:banghead::cautious::facepalm::jawdrop:

Dunston

Hot take of the century lol

Jonnydanger

Well its true. The culture in Hollywood is truly toxic regardless of how entertaining the movies are. I knew it was bad but never really understood how bad until recently. Maybe in the future it will change. I hope it does change. Walt Disney himself testified in front of congress about how bad Hollywood had become even back then.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Well its true. The culture in Hollywood is truly toxic regardless of how entertaining the movies are. I knew it was bad but never really understood how bad until recently. Maybe in the future it will change. I hope it does change. Walt Disney himself testified in front of congress about how bad Hollywood had become even back then.
“The Hollywood That Never Was... and Always Will Be”

The Hollywood part of the park was always supposed to be a romanticized version of old time Hollywood. It’s fantasy, not the harsh, cruel actual Hollywood.

Movielover

The signature drink sold at the park could be The Hot Cosby.

;););););)

britain

My prediction:

Disney essentially does nothing with these Fox IPs at the parks for at least 5 years. Maybe small little window dressing type things, perhaps an appearance in night-time fireworks shows, but nothing until the top brass have determined what IPs are worth re-booting in Star Wars' & Marvel's image. From Iger's point of view Alien is a dead franchise. Apes is a recently rejuvenated and yet ending franchise.

Night in the Museum could be the way to essentially bring Mystic Manor to the states, but again, I think they'd consider that an ended franchise. (Maybe)

As far as all the Fox Animation properties are concerned, I think Disney will be happy to stock their past movies on the virtual rental shelves, but Disney is looking to cut down on the animation clutter at the movie theaters going forward. And I doubt you'll ever see any of the Fox characters at the parks. Disney is pretty snooty about what gets considered a part of the brand family. Threepio, Indy, the Na'vi, they get to come in, but the bouncer at the door will most likely turn the Ice Age and FernGully crowd away.

POLY LOVER

It's great how wonderful and non toxic things are elsewhere in America! LOL

Gelatoni

Original Poster
I just don't see disney dropping 70b on fox and not trying to get it back asap. Whenever they buy a company they try to start recouping money fast. Granted i don't see any e ticket rides in 3 years. Knowing disney they are already tossing attraction ideas around.

Sabriel

While we’re dreaming, can we revisit the idea of a Dark Kingdom? Could probably pull some Fox IP to fit there (Lord knows Alien Encounter was the stuff of my nightmares as a kid). :joyfull:

MrHappy

My prediction:

Disney essentially does nothing with these Fox IPs at the parks for at least 5 years. Maybe small little window dressing type things, perhaps an appearance in night-time fireworks shows, but nothing until the top brass have determined what IPs are worth re-booting in Star Wars' & Marvel's image. From Iger's point of view Alien is a dead franchise. Apes is a recently rejuvenated and yet ending franchise.

Night in the Museum could be the way to essentially bring Mystic Manor to the states, but again, I think they'd consider that an ended franchise. (Maybe)

As far as all the Fox Animation properties are concerned, I think Disney will be happy to stock their past movies on the virtual rental shelves, but Disney is looking to cut down on the animation clutter at the movie theaters going forward. And I doubt you'll ever see any of the Fox characters at the parks. Disney is pretty snooty about what gets considered a part of the brand family. Threepio, Indy, the Na'vi, they get to come in, but the bouncer at the door will most likely turn the Ice Age and FernGully crowd away.
Agreed. Rio may have a shot - but I just don't see the doors opening. This acquisition isn't about the parks IMHO - it's the waterfall of cash gushing from other medias.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom