Fox themed fifth gate or Hollywood Studios.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Until the current batch of people who are running WDW show that they can run and maintain the 4 parks they have now, why would anyone
want to add a 5th one?
They could probably use a 5th gate pretty soon. Crowds are becoming a problem. I don’t disagree that they should also focus on expanding and refurbing the existing parks, but I think they can do both at the same time. Based on historic timelines each gate has roughly a decade between them give or take a few years so we are way overdue for another gate.
What makes you think they could do Any better with fox than they did with MGM? I mean look what happened to MGM, I would like them to take the studio concept they have and make that work!
Agreed. A 5th gate should not be a studio park. I don’t think a 5th gate should have a “theme” of Fox. That’s really not even a theme. They could use some of the new IP acquired as part of the acquisition in the new park and the existing ones. I don’t know what theme they would choose but I’m opposed to the studio based lands concept.
I really hope it's a fifth too. I'd really like to see a park aimed at teens and adults use ip's like aliens. An action show for die hard?
I think there’s plenty of market for a park geared more towards an older crowd.

Cmdr_Crimson

Most of the BlueSky properties could easily fit at WDW as well

It can also then be official that these Fox Animated characters could be under the Disney Princess cannon...
g-6.jpg
anastasia-disneyscreencaps-com-1600.jpg

elhefe4

Thank god, I could not handle Disney being involved with that group.
The DOJ and probably FCC wouldn't allow it anyway, since Disney owns ABC. Lots of anti-trust issues with it. If they did end up buying the whole group, they'd have to sell those pieces off to an unaffiliated entity anyway, so it doesn't make sense to include them.

Robbiem

I don't think Disney will build a fox park in Florida, they could rename the park Disney - Fox studios or something similar. I could see the range of IPs being spread across the parks like they did to a certain extent with ABC. Nat geographic would be a fit for EPCOT or animal kingdom. Alien or die hard could go into DHS the Martian could be used in mission space, Madagascar and Rio etc could go in any of the parks depending on how they were used etc. I think it would also be more likely to see the new IPs, esp the animated ones used in the international parks before they are in the us. Places like shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris would probably have less resistance to Rio or Madagascar as they would just be seen as Hollywood cartoons in general which would fit the American theme park image of a Disneyland abroad

I think the deal though is mainly about movie and tv rights rather than acquiring IPs for the parks but Disney would be silly not to exploit its new assets if they do buy fox.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't think Disney will build a fox park in Florida, they could rename the park Disney - Fox studios or something similar. I could see the range of IPs being spread across the parks like they did to a certain extent with ABC. Nat geographic would be a fit for EPCOT or animal kingdom. Alien or die hard could go into DHS the Martian could be used in mission space, Madagascar and Rio etc could go in any of the parks depending on how they were used etc. I think it would also be more likely to see the new IPs, esp the animated ones used in the international parks before they are in the us. Places like shanghai, Hong Kong and Paris would probably have less resistance to Rio or Madagascar as they would just be seen as Hollywood cartoons in general which would fit the American theme park image of a Disneyland abroad

I think the deal though is mainly about movie and tv rights rather than acquiring IPs for the parks but Disney would be silly not to exploit its new assets if they do buy fox.

Madagascar is a Dreamworks Animated film...All of the Animated films from them will be under Universal this also includes the recent one's distributed through 20th Century..
The Croods (2013)
Turbo (2013)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
Penguins of Madagascar (2014)
Home (2015)
Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)
Trolls (2016)
The Boss Baby (2017)
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017)

Amidala

The only animated series that would fit in anything Disney is The Simpsons. Family Guy and American Dad are too adult oriented to be thrown into a family theme park.

Bob's Burgers is relatively family-appropriate. But this is all pretty moot, I don't see any of it showing up in the parks. Like others have said, maybe some 20th Century Fox films will show up in DHS. But I wouldn't even bet on that since DHS is getting so much IP injected into it. 20th Century Fox films would have worked well in a movie mash-up ride like GMR but now I can't picture them anyway, except for maybe Echo Lake. Either way, pretty sure this deal had less to do with film/TV properties and more to do with taking over Hulu. Although I guess it doesn't hurt to get all these new IPs in the deal.

Robbiem

Madagascar is a Dreamworks Animated film...All of the Animated films from them will be under Universal this also includes the recent one's distributed through 20th Century..
The Croods (2013)
Turbo (2013)
Mr. Peabody & Sherman (2014)
How to Train Your Dragon 2 (2014)
Penguins of Madagascar (2014)
Home (2015)
Kung Fu Panda 3 (2016)
Trolls (2016)
The Boss Baby (2017)
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017)

Apologies I was getting mixed up with the ice age movies, my mistake

No Name

This is possibly the most stupid idea for a fifth gate I've ever heard.

What is the theme of the park? That these are attractions that are tangentially based on films that are tangentially made/distributed by 20th Century Fox? What a theme! ..... Not that you suggested it would be a good idea. I'm going to assume you realize why it's a trash idea, as would even the driest souls in TWDC.

Cmdr_Crimson

I thought the deal was for Fox movie properties. Not TV.

From Variety...
The assets on the table include the 20th Century Fox film and TV studio, the FX Networks, Nat Geo Channels group, 22 regional sports networks, Fox’s collection of international channels, including Star India, and its 39% stake in Sky.

Staying behind would be Fox Broadcasting Co., the 28 Fox O&O TV stations and the national Fox Sports and Fox News operations.

bclane

I think they could do a really cool 5th gate based on Star Wars. To differentiate it from Batuu, it could be home to the Core planets we have learned to love since the 70s. Outer Rim planets could go in the other parks if they ended up wanting a SW presence in all of them. Of course, I know that this won’t appeal to everyone and will probably never happen, but it would sure make me happy.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I think they could do a really cool 5th gate based on Star Wars. To differentiate it from Batuu, it could be home to the Core planets we have learned to love since the 70s. Outer Rim planets could go in the other parks if they ended up wanting a SW presence in all of them. Of course, I know that this won’t appeal to everyone and will probably never happen, but it would sure make me happy.
A Star Wars 5th gate would have actually been a really good idea. They could have built several hotels attached to it as well. It would be easy to have several lands based different planets. I don’t know if Disney would want to dedicate 20% of the theme park space for WDW to 1 IP but if they did it would be Star Wars. I don’t see that happening now that they are spending so much on SW in DHS. I wouldn’t count out an additional Star Wars Land in another park down the road (maybe EPCOT now that Guardians is going there).

bclane

A Star Wars 5th gate would have actually been a really good idea. They could have built several hotels attached to it as well. It would be easy to have several lands based different planets. I don’t know if Disney would want to dedicate 20% of the theme park space for WDW to 1 IP but if they did it would be Star Wars. I don’t see that happening now that they are spending so much on SW in DHS. I wouldn’t count out an additional Star Wars Land in another park down the road (maybe EPCOT now that Guardians is going there).
Agreed on all points

Gelatoni

Original Poster
This is possibly the most stupid idea for a fifth gate I've ever heard.

What is the theme of the park? That these are attractions that are tangentially based on films that are tangentially made/distributed by 20th Century Fox? What a theme! ..... Not that you suggested it would be a good idea. I'm going to assume you realize why it's a trash idea, as would even the driest souls in TWDC.
Na i still like the idea but I'm amused by how upset it made you

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What would the theme of the theme park be?

Not that I expect to correct your misunderstanding. Expect a trespass notice if you're spotted in Glendale.
I’m still waiting to hear what the theme for the “re-imagined” Hollywood Studios Park will be. Seems to be Studio or IP based lands as well (at least the back half of the park). Maybe they just add a Fox Studios Land in the Echo Lake area to go with Lucas Films, Muppet Courtyard and Pixar Land. Although they are now removing Pixar Place and having just Toy Story Land so maybe there are some bigger plans for a common theme that ties the park together. I’m interested to see if the new name and theme are revealed this year with the opening of Toy Story Land or if they wait for SW.

I’m also curious to see how GoTG will fit into EPCOT.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom