FOX Acquisition Could mean Deadpool, Rio,Night at the Museum, Independence Day, Alien, Ice Age, Titanic, Planet of the apes in parks

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The overall problem of Fox properties for the parks is such a small portion of their output is geared to children or family entertainment. And the stuff that is children/family entertainment is almost always a lower quality than Disney's output in the same area. And there's still plenty of great Disney IP that hasn't been used or fully realized in the parks yet. Fox properties go to the back of the line.

Though, I will say that a Night at the Museum dark ride and restaurant would be great.

Here's a sample of some of Fox's more well-known properties...

Anastasia
Titan A.E.
Fern Gully
Ice Age
Rio
Robots
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Book of Life
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Marmaduke
Night at the Museum
Percy Jackson
League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
X-Men

Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family guy
Futurama
American Dad
Dude, Where’s My Car
Malcolm in the Middle
Home Alone
Second City TV

Alien & Predator
Legion
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Buffy
The Day the Earth Stood Still

Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart
WKRP
Hill Street Blues
MASH
Doogie Howser

Miracle on 34th Street
Lifeboat
The Three Faces of Eve
Titanic
Cast Away
The Martian

South Pacific
The Sound of Music
Hello Dolly!
Oklahoma
Carousel
Daddy Long Legs
The King and I
Glee

Young Frankenstein
Rocky Horror Picture Show
12 Years a Slave
Fight Club
Marley & Me
It’s Always Sunny
Archer
Deadpool
Arrested Development

eddie104

The Secret Life of Pets did like $900m at the box office somehow. I don't think you can use box office as a proxy for quality, especially with children's films.
I think some of you guys are being bias because your Disney fans. Also can people stop assuming just because people suggest some Fox properties should go in the parks that Dis is forgetting their own Ip. It’s a really weak argument several posters are trying to make.

ppete1975

Alien & Predator
Legion
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Buffy
These all scream universal, I think they could have done amazing things with planet of the apes just look at the potential Kong had (the queue etc, just the rockwork at the entrance is awesome), but I don't see Disney doing anything with them.

I would love a miracle on 34th street Christmas celebration though... maybe something in the studios area.

Haymarket2008

lol, they aren't going to do "Titanic: The Musical" (well ... I suppose they could; shudder) or Titanic: The Ride (now in 2D!) ... they missed the boat, literally, by about 22 years. Could have been a walkthrough/exhibit in MGM ;)

In all fairness, Titanic the musical is stunning (it helps that it has nothing to do with the film). But yes, best they don’t use that event in the theme park setting haha

Sharon&Susan

Other than the MCU versions of the Fantastic Four or the X-Men when those movies come out (and not at WDW) in a few years, I really doubt, we'll see anything come out of this deal in the parks for another decade or two.

Last edited:

Joeamc

Original Poster
There are a few franchises that can
The overall problem of Fox properties for the parks is such a small portion of their output is geared to children or family entertainment. And the stuff that is children/family entertainment is almost always a lower quality than Disney's output in the same area. And there's still plenty of great Disney IP that hasn't been used or fully realized in the parks yet. Fox properties go to the back of the line.

Though, I will say that a Night at the Museum dark ride and restaurant would be great.

Anastasia
Titan A.E.
Fern Gully
Ice Age
Rio
Robots
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Book of Life
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Marmaduke
Night at the Museum
Percy Jackson
X-Men

Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family guy
Futurama
American Dad
Dude, Where’s My Car
Malcolm in the Middle
Home Alone
Second City TV

Alien & Predator
Legion
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Buffy

Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart
WKRP
Hill Street Blues
MASH
Doogie Howser

Miracle on 34th Street
Lifeboat
The Three Faces of Eve
Titanic
Cast Away
The Martian

South Pacific
The Sound of Music
Hello Dolly!
Oklahoma
Carousel
Daddy Long Legs
The King and I
Glee

Young Frankenstein
12 Years a Slave
Fight Club
Marley & Me
It’s Always Sunny
Archer
Deadpool
Arrested Development
Great List. thanks

Joeamc

Original Poster
I think some of you guys are being bias because your Disney fans. Also can people stop assuming just because people suggest some Fox properties should go in the parks that Dis is forgetting their own Ip. It’s a really weak argument several posters are trying to make.
well said!

Joeamc

Original Poster
These all scream universal, I think they could have done amazing things with planet of the apes just look at the potential Kong had (the queue etc, just the rockwork at the entrance is awesome), but I don't see Disney doing anything with them.

I would love a miracle on 34th street Christmas celebration though... maybe something in the studios area.
Thats what I'm saying!

SteamboatJoe

Anastasia
Titan A.E.
Fern Gully
Ice Age
Rio
Robots
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Book of Life
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Marmaduke
Night at the Museum
Percy Jackson
X-Men

Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family guy
Futurama
American Dad
Dude, Where’s My Car
Malcolm in the Middle
Home Alone
Second City TV

Alien & Predator
Legion
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Buffy

Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart
WKRP
Hill Street Blues
MASH
Doogie Howser

Miracle on 34th Street
Lifeboat
The Three Faces of Eve
Titanic
Cast Away
The Martian

South Pacific
The Sound of Music
Hello Dolly!
Oklahoma
Carousel
Daddy Long Legs
The King and I
Glee

Young Frankenstein
12 Years a Slave
Fight Club
Marley & Me
It’s Always Sunny
Archer
Deadpool
Arrested Development

We all know the true intentions....it's another step closer in the grand scheme to revive the Great Muppet Movie Ride concept. ;)

Mouse3268

Anastasia
Titan A.E.
Fern Gully
Ice Age
Rio
Robots
Fantastic Mr. Fox
Book of Life
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Marmaduke
Night at the Museum
Percy Jackson
X-Men

Simpsons
King of the Hill
Family guy
Futurama
American Dad
Dude, Where’s My Car
Malcolm in the Middle
Home Alone
Second City TV

Alien & Predator
Legion
Independence Day
Planet of the Apes
Buffy

Mary Tyler Moore Show
Bob Newhart
WKRP
Hill Street Blues
MASH
Doogie Howser

Miracle on 34th Street
Lifeboat
The Three Faces of Eve
Titanic
Cast Away
The Martian

South Pacific
The Sound of Music
Hello Dolly!
Oklahoma
Carousel
Daddy Long Legs
The King and I
Glee

Young Frankenstein
12 Years a Slave
Fight Club
Marley & Me
It’s Always Sunny
Archer
Deadpool
Arrested Development

So many of these would have been great additions to a revamped Great Movie Ride. :(

jt04

None of those on the list would seem up to pasr for a Disney park...they all look like a B lineup. Disney has tons of their own ip that is not being used...why would they choose amn ip that is associated with another company?

I was just thinking about them as film and television properties. Although the idea of an Ice Age land at DAK is interesting.

bclane

So many of these would have been great additions to a revamped Great Movie Ride. :(
A Sound of Music Great Movie Ride scene would have been amazing!

Also, I don’t think Disney has enough rides that make you cry. How about a This is Us dark ride. Anyone? No? Ok never mind.

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
There is one in Pigeon Forge, TN, it's quite the building, with a glacier and everything.
We were there earlier this year. I literally cried.
My only regret (and I totally get it!) is that they did not allow photography within the museum.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

So Disney is going to forgo using their own IP in order to use (arguably) lesser quality IP. Right. What color is the sky on your planet?

There is no bias, it's called "critical thinking" and "logic" and "reality".

I'm also not sure why this is in "News, Rumors and Current Events". It is not news, it is not rumor, and it is not a current event. It is discussion and armchair engineering, at most. At the very least, it could easily be merged in with the existing Disney/Fox thread.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom