FOX Acquisition Could mean Deadpool, Rio,Night at the Museum, Independence Day, Alien, Ice Age, Titanic, Planet of the apes in parks

Raineman

There is no way they are using Ice Age IP in the parks without building a Zootopia Land at DAK first! :D
But, seriously, injecting any non-Disney originated IP into WDW is a risk, especially if it isn't a widely recognized IP. Star Wars and Marvel are both huge, globally recognized IPs, and there are still people who think that neither should be at a Disney theme park. What are people going to say if they put an Ice Age or Planet Of The Apes attraction in the parks? It's a bad idea IMO-but great content to have on your streaming service.

TwilightZone

I don't know who exactly got it "shut down" lol, but so many whined about how scary it was because they didn't bother to read the clear signs that warned them for subjecting their precious to it. Some also say it just wasn't that good.

And I'm referring to ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter at Magic Kingdom. It hit for me at the right time and I just loved it. I was horrified to see the Stitch version.
That's not ALIEN, that's a knockoff alien. And he's the best alien ever.
aecreature.jpg

Twilight_Roxas

If Disney starts doing Halloween events for teens, and adults like in Hong Kong Disneyland they could create mazes with Alien vs Predator, and American Horror Story.

People here underestimate A LOT how much Ice Age sells in merchandise. If you look this link bellow you can see that is in total 1.3 billion sales. Definitively It's more than UP, which have some presence in Animal Kingdom and the movie not even is about birds ("Ice Age" on other hand is totally about the theme of the park, unlike Zootopia as well that everyone here seems to want to).

If them want to keep selling merchandise and keep those juice profits, obviously they will make a attraction based in this movie.
Why you think that there is a whole immersive and expensive Cars Land in DCA even if it is a sub par Pixar movie (some would say that is the worse Pixar movie) while there is not so much thing abut Wall-e (which is a much better movie)? Actually, I would say that Ice Age 1 is better than Cars 1 in the quality of the movies. If the problem is it, Disney can make a really good animated series about it to reboot the whole thing. Fox before the acquisition wanted to do exactly it.

Last edited:
  • Besides Ice Age, I can see Night at the Museum and Planet of Apes also having some kind of presence in the Animal Kingdom. NATM basically can be another version of The Haunted Mansion. Planet of Apes will need more creativity, maybe in an Avatar way.
  • Not sure about RIO, feels like it is better at Epcot if and only if the Brazilian pavilion happens -- It also old but an animated series for Disney+ can make the job to reboot as well.
  • I feel like National Geographic in some way will be present in both Epcot and Animal Kingdom, not sure how -- maybe at least with some magazines there to sell, who knows.
  • Simpsons obviously will have a huge land in the Walt Disney Studios Park in Paris. Europeans love Simpsons and Universal does not have a park in Europe. Simpsons still sells a lot of merchandise and the next movies probably will be successful.
  • I can see easy Futurama have some presence as well. Tomorrowland maybe?
  • Percy Jackson depends a lot of how well the reboot or tv series version will be. Can be a new Harry Potter or nothing.
  • Same about Robots, Buffy, Glee, Home Alone... all those are kind of dead, but hey Jumanji now is a thing again, so never say never.

thomas998

Deadpool is associated with the X-Men. His theme park rights in Orlando belong to Universal and his theme park rights in California came to Disney in the Marvel acquisition. Fox has absolutely nothing to do with it. Disney could have already been using him in California if they wanted to. They don't.

Die Hard, Predator, and Terminator (and Deadpool for that matter) are insanely violent and hard-R and have no place in a Disney Park.

They had Alien. They ripped it out.

Ice Age is poor quality compared to loads of existing Disney IP that already has minimal theme park presence.

Titanic is a real life tragedy in which 1,500 people were killed. No.
While they probably wouldn't want to use any of the mentioned characters in MK, they could certainly use them in HS, and after the license deals with Universal expire they probably will. Studios could use all the help it could get unless their goal is to go backwards and become a kiddie park forever linked to the likes of Disney Jr and Toy Story. Just wait until Deadpool gets revamped into a PG-13 franchise, I know they claimed the next one will still be R... but remember the also created that goofy PG-13 version with Fred Savage in it... Expect that to happen again and eventually for them to ditch the R rating completely. At that point even Deadpool will be in a park. Remember Disney has wanted to capture the boy market for a long time but has never been able to grab hold of it the way they did the little girl market. They will do what it takes at some point because they can't afford to ignore 50 percent of the kiddie market.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't see it happening. When Disney owned Miramax I don't think they used any of those IPs for Pulp Fictions rides, etc.
The only Miramax related film they promoted was Tom And Jerry The movie as it was being distributed through them and is why they were at the Studios for a brief time..Which was weird that the characters shorts were distributed also through MGM so I guess it was like a win win..
DrKnEhRXcAEZUY2.jpg:large

Joeamc

Original Poster
Disney has been an expert at "RE-imagining" stories for their whole history. Cinderella, Pinocchio and so many others were not origional stories. I think they can, and will take some of the Fox properties and make them hits! I agree the way most of the fox properties were done weren't the best (or at least to Disney standards), but some of them are cool concepts, and Disney may be able to improve soon them greatly and maybe even make them Blockbuster Hits! Once that happens, they will become "Disney" and they will be accepted in the parks as Disney properties.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom