FOX Acquisition Could mean Deadpool, Rio,Night at the Museum, Independence Day, Alien, Ice Age, Titanic, Planet of the apes in parks

FrankLapidus

Not a chance.

I'd still love to see the original Nostromo concept that became Alien Encounter, but Disney are never going to go down that route again, not after the pushback that AE generated during its too-brief existence. Between their own film library, Pixar and Lucasfilm, Disney already has more than enough properties at its disposal for the parks in any case.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So you really think about of all of the hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of fox assets that Disney paid a staggering $71.3 BILLION DOLLARS for, NONE of them will be used in the parks... Not even ONE??? lol. Thats funny!!

So you ended you original post with "thoughts" and then you attack someone when you don't like their "thoughts". If you didn't want to hear people's opinions, why did you start this thread?

Joeamc

Original Poster
So you ended you original post with "thoughts" and then you attack someone when you don't like their "thoughts". If you didn't want to hear people's opinions, why did you start this thread?
Its just a conversation. Points and counterpoints. No offense intended. I just think its absurd to think no properties from FOX will be used in the parks.

eddie104

Its just a conversation. Points and counterpoints. No offense intended. I just think its absurd to think no properties from FOX will be used in the parks.
Yep I agree with you i don't know why people keep trying to shut down the idea of some Fox IPs making there way to the parks. :rolleyes:

FrankLapidus

It really isn't.

How do you implement a property like Deadpool in a Disney park? They tried Alien in the late-80's/early-90's, it morphed into Alien Encounter and didn't last long. Ice Age is garbage, Titanic is a non-starter, Planet of the Apes doesn't fit thematically at all.

What else does Fox have?

capsshield

I think you will eventually see some fox properties in a park or two. It will take time but one of the 11 parks will get something. Planet of the apes could get a land like Galaxy's Edge or Pandora especially if it gets a relaunch as a movie or show on Disney+. Ice age has a lot of brand recognition and would sell a lot of toys and fluff. Rio did well enough to start establishing an IP.

Disney would be foolish to let those IP's fade away. Maybe when Park twelve arrives it will get a property or two. A lot of people say no because they let their personal feelings get in the way. What you really have to ask is which properties will generate the most revenue in the parks for Disney, and will they generate more revenue than other properties Disney already owns.

I could see Planet of the apes, Rio, or Ice age added to the Animal Kingdom.

If they added South America as a continent Rio could fit right in. Dinoland could easily become Ice Age, and a new land could be built for Planet of the Apes in the Studios or Animal Kingdom. I am sure that Imagineering could make it work and create fantastic experiences. Should they or will they is anyone's guess.

Joeamc

Original Poster
no family guy ride then? giggity 🤪
I think you will eventually see some fox properties in a park or two. It will take time but one of the 11 parks will get something. Planet of the apes could get a land like Galaxy's Edge or Pandora especially if it gets a relaunch as a movie or show on Disney+. Ice age has a lot of brand recognition and would sell a lot of toys and fluff. Rio did well enough to start establishing an IP.

Disney would be foolish to let those IP's fade away. Maybe when Park twelve arrives it will get a property or two. A lot of people say no because they let their personal feelings get in the way. What you really have to ask is which properties will generate the most revenue in the parks for Disney, and will they generate more revenue than other properties Disney already owns.

If they added South America as a continent Rio could fit right in. Dinoland could easily become Ice Age, and a new land could be built for Planet of the Apes in the Studios or Animal Kingdom. I am sure that Imagineering could make it work and create fantastic experiences. Should they or will they is anyone's guess.
Great Post. Thats what I was really getting at. You are right. Some people have a hard time seeing it because of their personal feelings toward "Traditional Disney". Truth be told, I am a Disney "purist", but I know the FOX aquisition will have an impact to the parks in some way, shape or form. I think RIO is definitely a real possibility for Animal Kingdom.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Great Post. Thats what I was really getting at. You are right. Some people have a hard time seeing it because of their personal feelings toward "Traditional Disney". truth be told, I am a Disney "purist", but I know the FOX aquisition will have an impact to the parks in some way, shape or form. I think RIO is definitely a real possibility for Animal Kingdom.

But why dig into another companies old IP's when Disney has their own IP's they could use? Why RIO instead of a Jungle Book attraction?

FrankLapidus

In which case the park really would be ruined.

Indiana Jones is not a particularly good fit for DAK but it would be far better than Planet of the Apes. Up would be an infinitely better fit than Rio and already has a presence to build on at the park. The Good Dinosaur is hardly among Pixar's best film but the concept would still be better than anything a film like Ice Age could offer.

And that's ignoring films like The Jungle Book and The Lion King, films that already classics and have been, and will be, critical and financial successes as live-action remakes.

It's not even a case of being a "Disney purist", films like Rio and Ice Age just aren't anywhere close to good enough to warrant being brought into the parks ahead of the properties that Disney already has close at hand in its library.

Joeamc

Original Poster
In which case the park really would be ruined.

Indiana Jones is not a particularly good fit for DAK but it would be far better than Planet of the Apes. Up would be an infinitely better fit than Rio and already has a presence to build on at the park. The Good Dinosaur is hardly among Pixar's best film but the concept would still be better than anything a film like Ice Age could offer.

And that's ignoring films like The Jungle Book and The Lion King, films that already classics and have been, and will be, critical and financial successes as live-action remakes.

It's not even a case of being a "Disney purist", films like Rio and Ice Age just aren't anywhere close to good enough to warrant being brought into the parks ahead of the properties that Disney already has close at hand in its library.
I would happen to agree with the in those cases

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
So you really think about of all of the hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of fox assets that Disney paid a staggering $71.3 BILLION DOLLARS for, NONE of them will be used in the parks... Not even ONE??? lol. Thats funny!!

I should have quoted. That was about Ice Age and Rio reboots (or even worse, live action remakes). 🤮

But since you asked, no, I don't think any of the Fox properties will end up in a Disney theme park. Again, the Fox acquisition was NOT about trying to find IP that they could use in the theme parks, it was about streaming content. Disney has dozens of properties that they currently aren't using in the theme parks, why would they spend that kind of money for more properties that they won't/wouldn't/couldn't use in the theme parks?

CaptainAmerica

Nobody cares about Ice Age.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Ice Age was very profitable. Audience scores were OK until #5. Critics like the first, hated the rest. But the profitability can't be discounted. Why so profitable? Because Blue Sky made them at half the budget of a Disney or Pixar animated feature.

Bocabear

None of those on the list would seem up to pasr for a Disney park...they all look like a B lineup. Disney has tons of their own ip that is not being used...why would they choose amn ip that is associated with another company?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom