Four Seasons Land Deal

teebin

I haven't read through this entire post but has anyone here made the observation that this may be Disney attempting to trump (no pun intended) the Waldorf Astoria being built at Bonnet Creek? A bigger 5 star for a 5 star?

devoy1701

Disney has wanted/needed a 5 star resort for quite some time. It is a lucrative market currently going off property. Due to various reasons (primarily the name Disney) Disney will never to be able to create a 5 star resort on their own. Due to the 4 seasons reputation the resort they create is all but guaranteed to be an instant 5 star resort. While the details have not been released there is no reason to think that the 4 seasons will not get all of the aforementioned Disney resort benefits (ie transportation, EMH, etc)

Well what is your stance on the private homes that will be going up on the property as well? Maybe you can justify the 4 Seasons resort, but I have a VERY hard time justifying the inclusion of private residences on this piece of property.

Computer Magic

Disney has wanted/needed a 5 star resort for quite some time. It is a lucrative market currently going off property. Due to various reasons (primarily the name Disney) Disney will never to be able to create a 5 star resort on their own. Due to the 4 seasons reputation the resort they create is all but guaranteed to be an instant 5 star resort. While the details have not been released there is no reason to think that the 4 seasons will not get all of the aforementioned Disney resort benefits (ie transportation, EMH, etc)
But it's not Disney owned so I don't see the bragging rights. It's a non Disney resort that is close to Epcot. It might be the closet 5-star resort but is it the only 5-star resort in the area (I'm talking non-Disney)?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well what is your stance on the private homes that will be going up on the property as well? Maybe you can justify the 4 Seasons resort, but I have a VERY hard time justifying the inclusion of private residences on this piece of property.
I was reading that and was a little miffed by it. From what I have seen on the site plans there were no lots for private homes. I was wondering if it was a provision for time share properties. I would not be super pumped about private residences being there but then again they already have Celebration and as many have pointed out Walt's original plan had people living on property.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But it's not Disney owned so I don't see the bragging rights. It's a non Disney resort that is close to Epcot. It might be the closet 5-star resort but is it the only 5-star resort in the area (I'm talking non-Disney)?
While it is not Disney owned I can see it being touted by Disney as their 5 star resort. From my understanding the high rise being put up at Bonnet creek will be a 5 star. Other than that I am drawing a blank but I think Orlando has one or two 5 stars but I could be wrong.

jt04

I was reading that and was a little miffed by it. From what I have seen on the site plans there were no lots for private homes. I was wondering if it was a provision for time share properties. I would not be super pumped about private residences being there but then again they already have Celebration and as many have pointed out Walt's original plan had people living on property.

Walt's original plan had people living on Disney property. Now that Disney Corp. has established that they can raise revenue by selling off WDW property they won't care if people get miffed. Trust me it's just the beginning. Like I said, enjoy the place while you can because in 20 years it will seem like nothing more than a suburb of Orlando. If you doubt me just take a drive through "Celebration".

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Walt's original plan had people living on Disney property. Now that Disney Corp. has established that they can raise revenue by selling off WDW property they won't care if people get miffed. Trust me it's just the beginning. Like I said, enjoy the place while you can because in 20 years it will seem like nothing more than a suburb of Orlando. If you doubt me just take a drive through "Celebration".
You keep bringing up this raising revenue by selling property. Do you honestly think that this is what it was all its about? The money that Disney made from the sale of this property will be chicken feed compared to the revenue that they will be getting either directly or indirectly from the 4 seasons.

jt04

You keep bringing up this raising revenue by selling property. Do you honestly think that this is what it was all its about? The money that Disney made from the sale of this property will be chicken feed compared to the revenue that they will be getting either directly or indirectly from the 4 seasons.

Your right it does have to do with money on both ends of the deal. That is why the gentrification of WDW will continue. It will eventually be broken up and sold off section by section. If I could afford a private residence on a golf course I probably would like the idea though.:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Your right it does have to do with money on both ends of the deal. That is why the gentrification of WDW will continue. It will eventually be broken up and sold off section by section. If I could afford a private residence on a golf course I probably would like the idea though.:lol:
When they sell a piece of it to Big Bertha's Bodacious Barnacle shop and pancake emporium I'll worry. Until them I am not going to assume that that acorn that hit me in the head is a piece of the sky.

jt04

When they sell a piece of it to Big Bertha's Bodacious Barnacle shop and pancake emporium I'll worry. Until them I am not going to assume that that acorn that hit me in the head is a piece of the sky.

Like I said take a drive through Celebration or look at the plans for the western beltway or look at the new plans for Pleasure Island and WWoS or the new 4 Seasons McDeal. For once the chicken littles are right. That acorn won't hit anyone when they are acting like an ostritch and have their head stuck in the sand :lookaroun :lol:

captainkidd

I'm still confused as to why exactly Disney can't build a 5 star property themselves. Are they just so lazy and unwilling to properly train and hire the right people that would help make it a 5 star resort?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm still confused as to why exactly Disney can't build a 5 star property themselves. Are they just so lazy and unwilling to properly train and hire the right people that would help make it a 5 star resort?
For whatever reason the people doing the ratings can't get past the name Disney. They see Disney as for kids and because of that a Disney resort, especially one affiliated with one of their theme parks, will never get that 5 star.

devoy1701

For whatever reason the people doing the ratings can't get past the name Disney. They see Disney as for kids and because of that a Disney resort, especially one affiliated with one of their theme parks, will never get that 5 star.

Maybe the Disney Co needs to create a new hotel brand then? Create a new division or a new company all together that they can break away from the "kiddiness" of the Disney name with to create a 5-star Resort. Kind of like what they did in the 80s when they created Touchstone Pictures since the name Disney could never produce a movie as riskay as "Splash"...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Maybe the Disney Co needs to create a new hotel brand then? Create a new division or a new company all together that they can break away from the "kiddiness" of the Disney name with to create a 5-star Resort. Kind of like what they did in the 80s when they created Touchstone Pictures since the name Disney could never produce a movie as riskay as "Splash"...
Sure that would be great but it takes time and an awful lot of money to build a reputation like the 4 seasons has. Disney just cant start Yensid Resorts and build a 5 star resort right out of the box. The system just does not work that way. A 5 star rating is not achieved by a simple checklist style evaluation. A good chunk of it is name recognition some would argue that all of that 5th star is in the name.

devoy1701

Sure that would be great but it takes time and an awful lot of money to build a reputation like the 4 seasons has. Disney just cant start Yensid Resorts and build a 5 star resort right out of the box. The system just does not work that way. A 5 star rating is not achieved by a simple checklist style evaluation. A good chunk of it is name recognition some would argue that all of that 5th star is in the name.

sounds like they need to get started...we all know the Disney brand didn't get to where it is overnight. Maybe management should really consider starting a new resort chain and begin in an area not associated with any of the parks. 20 years from now maybe they'll have a chance. And is Eisner had started this 20 years ago, maybe we wouldn't need the 4 Seasons today.

I'm just sayin... :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
sounds like they need to get started...we all know the Disney brand didn't get to where it is overnight. Maybe management should really consider starting a new resort chain and begin in an area not associated with any of the parks. 20 years from now maybe they'll have a chance. And is Eisner had started this 20 years ago, maybe we wouldn't need the 4 Seasons today.

I'm just sayin... :)
Hind sight is always 20/20. I should of bought stock in Google on day one. Disney wants a 5 star now and this will deal will achieve that goal.

jt04

Hind sight is always 20/20. I should of bought stock in Google on day one. Disney wants a 5 star now and this will deal will achieve that goal.

You mean you didn't?

Disney is "outsourcing" more and more. From robots to resorts....as the company seems to be moving away from the cutting edge creativeness that created it's empire into something else altogether :rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You mean you didn't?

Disney is "outsourcing" more and more. From robots to resorts....as the company seems to be moving away from the cutting edge creativeness that created it's empire unto something else altogether :rolleyes:
There is no doubting that but from a corporate perspective they have three choices. Beat them, partner with them or buy them. They would be irresponsible as a company if they only considered option 1. I would love to see Disney stay the best at everything but I know realistically that is not always possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom