Fountain View Ice Cream closing in early April for Starbucks conversion

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Don't worry, they'll replace the brick. Starbucks tries hard to be a good neighbor. My little local Starbucks is in an old historical neighborhood as well, and they went to great lengths to fix up a dilapidated 100 year old building tucked in a corner and keep it looking period-specific but still fresh and clean. The city council and nearby businesses were thrilled to see this forgotten little corner of the town square spring to life again with the arrival of Starbucks.

Starbucks can apparently do a great job with interior design when the location calls for it for whatever reason. Here's a new Starbucks in a historical old building in Mumbai, India.
tata-starbucks-limited-india.jpg

Maybe TDO should have let the Starbucks designers from Seattle go wild with the Epcot FountainView location? Instead of WDI?
Wow! That style would have been perfect in the Main St. Bakery.

Boy I hope they fix our lot. It was pretty. Thinking our building is 60+ years old. Abandoned for many years.

wogwog

I don't know. The Florida parks differ greatly in the California parks, when it comes to stuff like this. There should seating at the WDW locations, regardless.
This lady asked about a seating area on the Disney Park blog yesterday. She is still waiting for an answer.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...walt-disney-parks-resorts-locations/#comments

"Fountain View Reopens, Now Serving Starbucks at Epcot"
JoAnn from ND on September 4th, 2013 at 4:51 pm
I have a question. Where is a seating area that you can take your beverage and treat and have breakfast or relax?

Californian Elitist

wedway71

Ever not like something but not able to figure out why? I have seen a plethora of pics and videos of the new Starbucks in Epcot and it just does not sit right with me. It is tastefully done, merchandised well, and the CM's seem to be very helpful and friendly.. but again something just does not sit right with me on this...

mm52200

I don't understand why once again, DL and TDA have a much better grasp on how to design and operate their Starbucks than WDW and TDO. DL still has a wide variety of Disney pastries including their version of the cinnamon roll in addition to the Starbucks pastries AND a plethora of seating. Wouldn't you think with WDW being so big that seating shouldn't be a problem eh? I understand there would probably be a high demand for the seats but when there's demand you don't just get rid of the seating...you add seating.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I don't understand why once again, DL and TDA have a much better grasp on how to design and operate their Starbucks than WDW and TDO. DL still has a wide variety of Disney pastries including their version of the cinnamon roll in addition to the Starbucks pastries AND a plethora of seating. Wouldn't you think with WDW being so big that seating shouldn't be a problem eh? I understand there would probably be a high demand for the seats but when there's demand you don't just get rid of the seating...you add seating.

Agree and Gastons doesn't have a plethora of seating but that didn't stop them from throwing in what they could. Universal City Walk has balcony seating.

articos

Ever not like something but not able to figure out why? I have seen a plethora of pics and videos of the new Starbucks in Epcot and it just does not sit right with me. It is tastefully done, merchandised well, and the CM's seem to be very helpful and friendly.. but again something just does not sit right with me on this...
Emotion plays a big part in proper design sense and placemaking. Some get it, some don't.

COProgressFan

In the world which Disney operates, apparently having a demand for seating means no seats will be provided.

If it defies all logic, then it's good enough for TDO!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom