Fountain of Nations stage-side railings removed

DarthGrady

Why doesn't DAK have crazy fans like Epcot does? Animals are way more interesting than an annoying purple dragon and communication history.....

Well, he's not supposed to be annoying. :rolleyes: Hopefully version 4 will fix that.

I would guess because DAK has only been around for a few years and hasn't had a large ammount of time to develop a cult following yet. Maybe it never will, I don't know. DHS doesn't seem to have droves of crazy, die hard fans either.

What I do know is that EPCOT does have a HUGE cult following, as you've said. I would assume that its because we all came to know and love the park back in its heyday of 82-93. As I have said before, I (and many others) consider it to be the greatest thing that Disney has ever accomplished. Its been downhill since then (thanks Eisner!), but we all band together in hopes of another golden age of EPCOT.

jt04

Well, he's not supposed to be annoying. :rolleyes: Hopefully version 4 will fix that.

I would guess because DAK has only been around for a few years and hasn't had a large ammount of time to develop a cult following yet. Maybe it never will, I don't know. DHS doesn't seem to have droves of crazy, die hard fans either.

What I do know is that EPCOT does have a HUGE cult following, as you've said. I would assume that its because we all came to know and love the park back in its heyday of 82-93. As I have said before, I (and many others) consider it to be the greatest thing that Disney has ever accomplished. Its been downhill since then (thanks Eisner!), but we all band together in hopes of another golden age of EPCOT.
Very well said. And there are positive signs.

HMF

I seem to be in the minority who thinks that the Golden Age was the Millenium Celebration.

jakeman

Yep, but it doesn't mean that the spirit of the ideals are gone.

Just listen to Walt talk about EPCOT.:wave:
I have...I don't ever recall him mentioning that EPCOT should be a theme park.

It's like Albert Einstein talking about the Theory of Relativity, and then Al Einstein Jr. introducing the world to the Burrito of Relativity. After 30 years of this awesome burrito, everyone thinks that Albert Einstein was the founder of Moe's.

EPCOT Center, Epcot, Epcot '94, whatever you want to call it, was not what Walt wanted EPCOT to be. I don't really think that is disputable.

WDW Vacationer

Steve must know something will come from the removal if the railings. I don't think he'd post something to feed the fans.

Food for thought.:animwink:

hpyhnt 1000

Well I think 9 rides and 11 countries and ifyou want to Innoventions and Club Cool makes for a very full day.

Exactly. If you take the time to actually go through all the exhibits and browse all the information and merchandise thats presented (not that many people do :lol:), Epcot very quickly becomes at least a two day park.

Figment632

You mean there is more than Soarin', M:S, Test Track and the golf ball?

:hammer:

LOL

I forgot a few American Adventure, Turtle Talk, Circle of life, Horizons (wait I might be light headed)

So let's say 12 attractions and 11 countries, and in the same amount of time (3 hours) that it usually takes me to do all of DAK minus the carnival dino stuff , I spend in WS.

EPCOT Explorer

I seem to be in the minority who thinks that the Golden Age was the Millenium Celebration.
It was a good time for the park, I give it that...But it was no 1980's. Or early 90's.
I have...I don't ever recall him mentioning that EPCOT should be a theme park.

It's like Albert Einstein talking about the Theory of Relativity, and then Al Einstein Jr. introducing the world to the Burrito of Relativity. After 30 years of this awesome burrito, everyone thinks that Albert Einstein was the founder of Moe's.

EPCOT Center, Epcot, Epcot '94, whatever you want to call it, was not what Walt wanted EPCOT to be. I don't really think that is disputable.

Splitting hairs. :shrug: Does EPCOT showcase new systems? Yes. Does EPCOT constantly change? Yes. Take the spirit of what Walt wanted and apply it to what we got instead and it becomes quite apparent.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom