FoTLK To Close in January?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
i definitely get the political tentions in the movie...
i think the biggest argument against avatar is the merchandise angle
still think it will be incredibly immersive

We all know full well that Disney can merchandise the hell out of anything they can get their hands on. I bet they could create a family friendly line of Human Centipede merchandise if they really wanted to.

GLaDOS

We all know full well that Disney can merchandise the hell out of anything they can get their hands on. I bet they could create a family friendly line of Human Centipede merchandise if they really wanted to.

Yup! Can't wait to see all those pins and vinylmations!:rolleyes:

jt04

JT, I'm curious. How good are your sources inside the company? Do you have friends in imagineering/parks that give you the inside scoop?

I have absolutely no connections inside the company. Nor do I have connections to connections to connections to connections.........etc etc.

I pick up information from blogs, forums and people here. Then I put the pieces of the puzzle together. But I can understand why some think I have insider knowledge. :)

For instance, I now know from sources here and elsewhere that Pandora is locked in developmental limbo and is highly likely to never happen at all. Therefore one can only conclude that Screamscape must be wrong and TFotLK will not be closing much less relocating.

Of course my critics say I always get it wrong. So perhaps I should leave it to the reader to make up thier own minds who is right in this situation.

Good night and good luck. ;)

ellie-badge

I now know from sources here and elsewhere that Pandora is locked in developmental limbo and is highly likely to never happen at all. Therefore one can only conclude that Screamscape must be wrong and TFotLK will not be closing much less relocating.

What are your sources, if I may so inquire?

jt04

What are your sources, if I may so inquire?

I just explained that in the post above. Read the whole thing instead of editing it please. If you want actual names you have to spend more time here and make up your own mind. There are some very good posters here and if I name them they will get scared away. And that would be bad.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I have absolutely no connections inside the company. Nor do I have connections to connections to connections to connections.........etc etc.

I pick up information from blogs, forums and people here. Then I put the pieces of the puzzle together. But I can understand why some think I have insider knowledge. :)

For instance, I now know from sources here and elsewhere that Pandora is locked in developmental limbo and is highly likely to never happen at all. Therefore one can only conclude that Screamscape must be wrong and TFotLK will not be closing much less relocating.

Of course my critics say I always get it wrong. So perhaps I should leave it to the reader to make up thier own minds who is right in this situation.

Good night and good luck. ;)

There is no way to know who is right until we actually see concrete evidence that they have started to build it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
True but Kevin Yee seems like someone who values his credibility and I trust him.

But he isn't the direct source, he is just reporting that someone else heard that Joe said this. The further the chain goes the harder it is to substantiate. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this isn't going to happen. I am one of the few people around here that actually likes the Avatarland idea, I just don't see any firm evidence yet that it is actually starting to happen.

luv

I am not a fan of the whole A-land thing, but I wouldn't hate it if they put it in the studios. I think it would be a much better fit there.

If they are hell-bent on putting it into the AK, I may just have to become an ostrich.

doctornick

I am not a fan of the whole A-land thing, but I wouldn't hate it if they put it in the studios. I think it would be a much better fit there.

If they are hell-bent on putting it into the AK, I may just have to become an ostrich.

I still don't get the argument. Okay, I get the argument if Pandora is themed around the plot of the movie with Humans fighting the Na'vi -- that would be more appropriate for DHS, I would think. But if Pandora is set up as I and I think most people expect, with it being about the flora and fauna of Pandora brought to life, then it fits in perfectly in DAK. I mean, the main plot of the movie was about conservation and the main value of the movie was seeing the visual impact of the nature and landscapes of Pandora. That's pretty much exactly what DAK is all about -- the environment, nature, conservation, a celebration of living things.

ellie-badge

I just explained that in the post above. Read the whole thing instead of editing it please. If you want actual names you have to spend more time here and make up your own mind. There are some very good posters here and if I name them they will get scared away. And that would be bad.

No, you really didn't. I did read your post and I cut nothing out, I just focused on one specific part of it that I was curious about. I have actually been on the forums since '06 under an old username (Sumshine 904) and have not heard of any news saying Pandora would not happen. If anything, all I've really heard was that James Cameron was being the perfectionist that he is and is trying to come to an (albeit begrudging) agreement with Walt Disney Imagineering on how to go about constructing this monster.

You could always PM (or I suppose Start a Conversation is the new function on here) the sources to me. I think we're all adults on here and I wouldn't go tattletailing or whatever you may think I do. I'm merely curious as to where you've heard this bit of news from.

Magenta Panther

dont bother magenta is a known hater o the idea of avatar (which is fine with me) but to claim that the fan community is not excited about it is silly

What I hate is the idea of Avatar in WDW. WHY does WDW need something like that, when Disney-created ideas like Fantasia or the original Beastly Kingdomme idea go begging?

As for the movie, I don't care about the political things, I just care that I found it nice to look at but very boring otherwise. Thought the same thing about the Phantom Menace too, FWIW.

Magenta Panther

Magenta Panther, from what I can assume, is a conservative. She finds most anything that isn't or wasn't necessarily related to Disney fairly objectionable, which is completely fine (the boards would be very bland if everybody agreed with everything all of the time). While being so attached to Walt DIsney's original traditions, values, and quality is admirable, one of her only cons is that her strong opinions tend to cloud her from seeing the bigger picture in a lot of things. She doesn't deserve to be hated otherwise, though.

I do agree with her about Pandora being built in Animal Kingdom, however. I thought the idea was odd from the very beginning and I wouldn't be what you'd exactly call excited for it, though I do expect that the new land will look very nice once it's complete. I am curious as to why Disney is deciding to put up with the extremely demanding James Cameron while they weren't even willing to put up with JK Rowling when she apporached them about building The Wizarding World of Harry Potter eons ago.

First of all, what makes you think I'm a femme?

But I am a Walt Disney fan, for sure. Rather than a Disney fan which, unfortunately, these days is not a mutually inclusive thing.

And I don't think I should be hated at all. I'm adorable! :D

jt04

No, you really didn't. I did read your post and I cut nothing out, I just focused on one specific part of it that I was curious about. I have actually been on the forums since '06 under an old username (Sumshine 904) and have not heard of any news saying Pandora would not happen. If anything, all I've really heard was that James Cameron was being the perfectionist that he is and is trying to come to an (albeit begrudging) agreement with Walt Disney Imagineering on how to go about constructing this monster.

You could always PM (or I suppose Start a Conversation is the new function on here) the sources to me. I think we're all adults on here and I wouldn't go tattletailing or whatever you may think I do. I'm merely curious as to where you've heard this bit of news from.

Lee and WDW74 have made comments that Pandora was in flux and that it could get canceled especially after Iger leaves. At least that is how I remember it. Bet they wish they could take that back now though. And I wouldn't buy into the Cameron/perfectionist meme. It is just too obvious a take and can't be proven or disproven. It is just too pat.

ellie-badge

First of all, what makes you think I'm a femme?

But I am a Walt Disney fan, for sure. Rather than a Disney fan which, unfortunately, these days is not a mutually inclusive thing.

And I don't think I should be hated at all. I'm adorable! :D

You know, I'm not completely sure to be quite honest. I thought about it while writing the post, but I think I ended up referring to you as female to make it easier on myself while writing, as opposed to trying to make the entire post refer to an ambiguous gender (It's really difficult!). I could've just as easily referred to you as a dude. I apologize if I referred to you incorrectly. :p

Magenta Panther

You know, I'm not completely sure to be quite honest. I thought about it while writing the post, but I think I ended up referring to you as female to make it easier on myself while writing, as opposed to trying to make the entire post refer to an ambiguous gender (It's really difficult!). I could've just as easily referred to you as a dude. I apologize if I referred to you incorrectly. :p

Hey, no sweat. I wasn't really offended. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom