Fort Wilderness Barn moving Plans Leaked

dreamfinder

I figure if you are a type that stays for long periods of time at the campgrounds, the high upfront cost of enough DVC points to accommodate a long stay isn't going to be a likely scenario.

A single week in the cheapest DVC studio right now is 57 points = 57*$112 per point buy-in plus approx $4.80/point annual fee = $6658. And this is in January - other months have higher minimums, of course.
(and actually you can't buy-in for that few of a point level)

Stay 2 months and you'd need at least 456 points! $51,072 up front plus $2188 per year.
:eek:

For a while DVC was allowing 50 point buy ins. Not publicly promoting it, but they would bring it up if they thought they could get a sale. The same way how for ages they said the smallest amount they could sell was 160 pts, but if you hemed and hawed they would come back and say they could sell you 100 pts. But, I do believe that the WDW properties just bumped up to $120 per pt list, so its a trade off.

And if they did do a DVC here, I bet it would be a fair amount more to stay over that 57. Both BLT and Villas at Grand Californian are at least 20 pts more per week for a standard studio for slow season when compared to AKL. I would wager it would be in the 115-130 pts for a week studio in slow season. They seem to be trying to keep the cost per point uniform across the properties, but compensating by requiring more points for the new properties.

prberk

That's what I was thinking about in my post, too. The theme and concept of River Country was for Fort Wilderness, and we stayed in our motorhome at the campground in 1987. That's the only time we used River Country and it was so much fun. We also swam in the lake then, too, but I can understand the issues of public swimming and maintaining water quality in a lake and with creature experiences, so I wasn't surprised to see the lake-swim end. Maybe there has been a plan to make this a DVC area for a long time and that's the reason River Country just sat waiting.

I still say that taking away lake-swimming is just one more way of over-sanitizing childhood.

officeboy

I was thinking mostly of gators and snakes, and that deadly aomeba.
Snakes and gators? Nah. Except for the guy that sneaks into MK for turkey legs they run the other way. Deadly aomeba. More likely. Fortunately the sharks are all in the office...

By the way, thanks, Raven. Any clues on time line?

Mammymouse

Just looked at that link to "Buffalo Junction" from the 1990's and that sounded very interesting. That would be a very good theme that I could see having lots of possibilities. The Wilderness Lodge has some similar theming elements, but the Wild West could have it's own entertainment that might bring back and give new life to the shows at Pioneer Hall. Instead of a monorail maybe they could bring back the train. I'm probably dreaming though - I just love trains. We always have to ride Walt's train when we go to Magic Kingdom. Wilderness Villas have some great displays of train memoribilia, too. My hubby is an old train collector so we enjoy that theme a lot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom