Fort Wilderness Barn moving Plans Leaked

smk

I know that I am a HUGE fan of Ft. Wilderness, and in 3-5 years or so when I'm going to (hopefully) be in the market to join in DVC, I'd be thrilled if there was a Ft. Wilderness related option to choose from.

I know it's a bit cliche, but I'd be very excited to "own" a bit of the place that brought me so many happy memories in childhood.
Ditto. I am not a fan of DVC. However, I am a huge fan of FW so I may look into this.

SLSettles

Someone questioned what the appeal of this resort might be. Well, I might mention that the Fort is the only WDW resort that accepts pets. If Disney wants to encourage longer-term stays, would it not be a good idea to have a pet-friendly resort? And where better to put one? Just a thought.

ShantaClausSm.png

jt04

Someone questioned what the appeal of this resort might be. Well, I might mention that the Fort is the only WDW resort that accepts pets. If Disney wants to encourage longer-term stays, would it not be a good idea to have a pet-friendly resort? And where better to put one? Just a thought.

ShantaClausSm.png

As long as we are talking cats, fish or mute dogs I'm OK with it.

TheBeatles

ShantaClausSm.png

but why do that when there is a luxury pet resort down the road for the fort.

trr1

Rates

Dog Boarding

Indoor Boarding
Includes two potty walks.
Standard $37.00
Resort Guest $34.00

Indoor/Outdoor Boarding
Includes one potty walk.
Standard $40.00
Resort Guest $36.00

Vacation Villas
Includes one potty walk, playgroup, a flat screen TV & a turndown biscuit.
Standard $59.00
Resort Guest $53.00

VIP Luxury Suites
Includes two potty walks, two playgroups, a flat screen TV, webcam,
bedtime story and a Go Home Fresh bath*
Standard $76.00
Resort Guest $69.00
*Go Home Fresh Bath requires a minimum 3 paid overnight
boarding stay and is limited to one pet in suite. Haircuts are extra.
a la carte

Playgroup$15 for 30 minPlaytime $8 for 10 minCuddletime $8 for 10 minWalk & Explore $8 for 10 minBottled Water$5 per dayBedtime Story$6 per storyIce Cream Break$4 eachHoliday Meal $5 eachPremium Bed$5 per day*2nd and 3rd dogs sharing overnight Standard suite will receive 30% off
**2nd and 3rd dogs sharing overnight Villa or Luxury suite will receieve 50% off

Cat Boarding

Cats - Two Level Condo
Standard $23.00
Resort Guest $21.00

Cats - Four Level Condo
Standard $32.00
Resort Guest $30.00
a la carte
Playtime$8 eachCookies & Milk$3 eachTuna on a Ritz$3 eachActivity Toy$3 per dayDeluxe Kitty Bed$5 per day*2nd and 3rd cats sharing overnight condo will receive 20% off.

Pocket Pets

Standard Resort GuestSmall$12 $10Medium $16 $14Large$20 $18X Large$23 $21

Daycare

Up to 6 HoursOver 6 HoursIndoor$16$27Indoor/Outdoor$18$30Vacation Villas$30$53Super Suites$46$69Cats - Two Level$15$18Cats - Four Level$21$26*2nd and 3rd dogs sharing a standard suite for Daycare will receive 20% off.
**2nd and 3rd dogs sharing a Villa or VIP suite for Daycare will recieve 50% off.
***2nd and 3rd cats sharing a condo for Daycare will recieve 20% off.

Daycamp

Full Day $27
Value Point Packages (1pt = 1visit)
5 Point Packages $125

20 Point Packages $480

Ransom

ShantaClausSm.png

Hmm. Could be. I recall a recent survey (DVC?) that asked about pet-friendly resorts.

raven

BTW, this is the latest hypothetical of what the new resort might look like based on educated guesses from the hints given by the leaked plans (for those who don't care to follow the discussion on the DIS):

Screenshot2010-10-27at62329PM.png

ShantaClausSm.png

That's very close to what it will look like. :animwink:

PalisadesPkteer

I would like to know the same thing as Mammymouse.

Do you think they will use the old River Country area for the new pool for this resort?

Would they try to salvage or rebuild some of the old River Country slides?

Like Whoop n Holler Hollow? Also, the old Cypress Point Nature Trail was worked on or torn up a while back I think. So now do they call the new resort Cypress Point Nature Lodge?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2583303&page=6

Look at post 78. Would they use it as the new Pool area or as a admission for a fee and the new resort guest only get to use it for free?

yoyoflamingo

I would like to know the same thing as Mammymouse.

Do you think they will use the old River Country area for the new pool for this resort?

Would they try to salvage or rebuild some of the old River Country slides?

Like Whoop n Holler Hollow? Also, the old Cypress Point Nature Trail was worked on or torn up a while back I think. So now do they call the new resort Cypress Point Nature Lodge?

If they couldn't use the same exact slides, replicating them in some form (in a pool, not a lake of course) would get me to stay there. It's a really great idea and would entice people to stay there.

Also, the pet friendly idea is a smart move too. It's only a matter of time before they add one IMO...

SeaCastle

One thing I noticed about the resort is that (so far) it appears to not intrude into the wetlands too much. From the plans we saw, it looks like they are working around them, however there doesn't seem much land to work with. Let's hope for parking lots they have the foresight to build on the shrubby wasteland just south of the project area instead of on the wetlands themselves.

Attachments

• fwild.jpg
    fwild.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 56

tecowdw

ShantaClausSm.png

I figure if you are a type that stays for long periods of time at the campgrounds, the high upfront cost of enough DVC points to accommodate a long stay isn't going to be a likely scenario.

A single week in the cheapest DVC studio right now is 57 points = 57*$112 per point buy-in plus approx $4.80/point annual fee = $6658. And this is in January - other months have higher minimums, of course.
(and actually you can't buy-in for that few of a point level)

Stay 2 months and you'd need at least 456 points! $51,072 up front plus $2188 per year.
:eek:

This is looking to be the size of Kidani to me.

We can count about 44 two bedroom sized units on the north west side of the common room building. If one assumes it is symmetrical and 4 stories that would be 352 two bedroom equivalents.

For reference the two bedroom equivalent of other DVC properties...
OKW 558
BWV 282
VWL 114
BCV 177
SSR 864 (plus Treehouses)
AKV - Jambo 109
AKV - Kidani 340
BLT 309

(My conversions: studio = 1/3 two bedroom, one bedroom = 2/3 two bedroom, GV = 2 two bedroom)

PalisadesPkteer

Do you rebuild the docks for the old River Country water park and use them for this new resort?

Most logical would be to use River Country for large pool area for this resort and using some of the old theme from RC or save some of it if possible. And rebuild docks from RC to use for new resort.

Mammymouse

Do you rebuild the docks for the old River Country water park and use them for this new resort?

Most logical would be to use River Country for large pool area for this resort and using some of the old theme from RC or save some of it if possible. And rebuild docks from RC to use for new resort.

That's what I was thinking about in my post, too. The theme and concept of River Country was for Fort Wilderness, and we stayed in our motorhome at the campground in 1987. That's the only time we used River Country and it was so much fun. We also swam in the lake then, too, but I can understand the issues of public swimming and maintaining water quality in a lake and with creature experiences, so I wasn't surprised to see the lake-swim end. Maybe there has been a plan to make this a DVC area for a long time and that's the reason River Country just sat waiting.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
That's what I was thinking about in my post, too. The theme and concept of River Country was for Fort Wilderness, and we stayed in our motorhome at the campground in 1987. That's the only time we used River Country and it was so much fun. We also swam in the lake then, too, but I can understand the issues of public swimming and maintaining water quality in a lake and with creature experiences, so I wasn't surprised to see the lake-swim end. Maybe there has been a plan to make this a DVC area for a long time and that's the reason River Country just sat waiting.

Ha...you give them way too much credit! :lol:

Mammymouse

Ha...you give them way too much credit! :lol:

Yeah, I know I do. :D I always think that everyone has this master plan about everything, and then I usually find out when it is all said and done, it was all just last minute ideas and luck! The Disney folks must get a chuckle out what we Disneywanabees say on these posts:lol:

Vernonpush

It looks like thay had plans for the area near there for a long time>
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=28.409067...how=/17335490/Future-Site-of-Buffalo-Junction

officeboy

Oddly enough that link no longer works. I tried searching for some items in the links text but came up empty. Can you point me in the right direction?

I don't doubt Raven in the least, but I am having a hard time with the SFWMD not birthing cows over this. While the layout protects the wetlands, it seems to me changing that much of Bay Lake and the area surrounding the wetlands would be frowned upon.

Brian_WDW74

Oddly enough that link no longer works. I tried searching for some items in the links text but came up empty. Can you point me in the right direction?

I don't doubt Raven in the least, but I am having a hard time with the SFWMD not birthing cows over this. While the layout protects the wetlands, it seems to me changing that much of Bay Lake and the area surrounding the wetlands would be frowned upon.

It looks like SFWMD removed that particular file. But Lil' Lisa over on the DIS saved it online: http://www.thekremers.us/misc/EPDP.pdf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom