Forbidden Mountain Construction

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
the mountain is just a facade anyway. the actual show building will be much like that of rock n roller coaster.

Not...really. It will be themed throughout, with ice caves and such that the train will pass through. It will feel quite a bit like the Matterhorn, only much smoother, faster, BETTER.

Lee

Adventurer
Originally posted by OnWithTheShow
the mountain is just a facade anyway. the actual show building will be much like that of rock n roller coaster.

Exactly.
There will be no seperate show building like RnRC.
This mountain will contain the ride, like the Matterhorn, only much larger, and will be seen from all sides.

As for the smoother, I sure hope so!
Matterhorn has been quite jerky the last few times I was on it.
I'm going back out to DL in about 3 weeks, and will have my first ride since its extended rehab, which I hope will be at least a little smoother.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lee
Exactly.
There will be no seperate show building like RnRC.
This mountain will contain the ride, like the Matterhorn, only much larger, and will be seen from all sides.

As for the smoother, I sure hope so!
Matterhorn has been quite jerky the last few times I was on it.
I'm going back out to DL in about 3 weeks, and will have my first ride since its extended rehab, which I hope will be at least a little smoother.

Haha...I rode Matterhorn in March...it still beats the crap out of you:) They did do a nice job with the rehab, though. I definitely expect great things from EVEREST, knowing that Matterhorn has withstood the ages and remains a favorite at age 44.

Tim G

Originally posted by mkt
it's a huge dirt hill... with tire tracks on it. You should know. It looks too neat and well thought out to be trash... it's dirt.

And yes... there's a small trailer there too. You should know that too.

Jeez tigger... I was joking..

Trailer? Trash??

Got my drift.. just joking...

Sorry...

Tim G

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Haha...I rode Matterhorn in March...it still beats the crap out of you:)
As a real coaster from "Arrow Special Coaster Systems" always does...

Better stick to "Intamin" But they won't (sigh!)

All and all, this will become the largest ride in WDW at a Cost of $100 million.

* * The ride will travel both forwards and backwards * *

That's all I will tell about it...

O yes.. another thing about height restrictions.
Riders must be 42" or taller to ride.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Corrus
Jeez tigger... I was joking..

Trailer? Trash??

Got my drift.. just joking...

Sorry...

sorry... in buying you so many beers, I forgot to have any for myself..

*has a Guinness*

there!! I'm happy and enjoyable again!!

Mr D

Anybody recall what originally was the beginning of the Matterhorn at DL?

It was just a mound of dirt.

But I wonder if the new mountain is just a ferrocrete shell or will it actually have dirt on it, but then again Everest is all rock and ice so I guess a lot of sprayed on concrete, fiberlass will be applied to a superstructure.

Could a resturant be placed at the top? That itself would be a major attraction.

Originally posted by Mr D
Anybody recall what originally was the beginning of the Matterhorn at DL?

It was just a mound of dirt.

But I wonder if the new mountain is just a ferrocrete shell or will it actually have dirt on it, but then again Everest is all rock and ice so I guess a lot of sprayed on concrete, fiberlass will be applied to a superstructure.

Could a resturant be placed at the top? That itself would be a major attraction.

Most likely, something close to Splash and BTM...

Lee

Adventurer
No dirt.
It will be just a shell, with substantial infrastructure inside, of course.

And if you want to eat at the top, pack a lunch and your climbing shoes.

A basketball court, though....

Originally posted by Lee
No dirt.
It will be just a shell, with substantial infrastructure inside, of course.

And if you want to eat at the top, pack a lunch and your climbing shoes.

A basketball court, though....

Is this confirmed yet though? I mean it makes total sense, but I was just wondering what the status of that confirmation is. I just don't think disney would release any construction information just yet.

Tim G

Originally posted by Mr D

No!

But there could well be one beneath the mountain...

Something like "Base Camp SHERPA"

Tim G

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Is this confirmed yet though? I mean it makes total sense, but I was just wondering what the status of that confirmation is.
I just don't think disney would release any construction information just yet.

No of course not, it's not confirmed.

So let's keep the rumours flowing :D

Originally posted by Corrus
No of course not, it's not confirmed.

So let's keep the rumours flowing :D

Well in that case...my priest told me that god himself is going to make the mountain....and that the Imagineers can carve it as they see fit...

Lee

Adventurer
Well, you see, Disney doesn't make mountains.

They make intricately themed structures that are designed to look like mountains, such as Splash Mountain, or Big Thunder.

Everest, like Splash, will be a somewhat hollow structure, framed with rebar type steel, with lots of themeing inside and out. There may be dirt on the outside, for themeing purposes, but it won't be a dirt mountain.
Disney has never built a dirt mountain for a ride, and won't be starting now.

Tim G

Originally posted by Lee
Well, you see, Disney doesn't make mountains.

They make intricately themed structures that are designed to look like mountains, such as Splash Mountain, or Big Thunder.

Everest, like Splash, will be a somewhat hollow structure, framed with rebar type steel, with lots of themeing inside and out. There may be dirt on the outside, for themeing purposes, but it won't be a dirt mountain.
Disney has never built a dirt mountain for a ride, and won't be starting now.

Your words... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom