Forbidden Mountain Construction

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by spider-man
From WDWMAGIC.com:

Backstage at AK, the parking lot is FULL of WDI fleet vehicles, Disney corporate cars, and CONSTRUCTION COMPANY CARS. Normally the lot is empty. Second, backstage between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Kali River Rapids, there is a 1-1.5 acre lot that's been sealed off from access. In there, there was a 15 foot tall dirt hill, and several construction permits, along with more WDI vehicles and construction company vehicles. Lastly, a new doublewide trailer is being delivered, and a Nationsrent company vehicle (Nationsrent specializes in hiring construction equipment to companies and individuals).

It does not say the ride will only cover 1 - 1.5 acres of land. Nor, are we saying this area will not be implemented in the Construction of the ride. We are saying that the total ride will have to cover more than 1.5 acres.

It seems to be an interpretation issue to me.

Use some Logic here, the coaster cannot be fit into an acre of land.

It's sealed off--and the mountain has begun construction here. Use some logic here--why would Disney seal off the area if most of the construction over the next year or so were not going to take place here. I am not denying that the queue will be outside this area, but this is where they are building the mountain.

WDWspider

Originally posted by DogsRule!
It's sealed off--and the mountain has begun construction here. Use some logic here--why would Disney seal off the area if most of the construction over the next year or so were not going to take place here. I am not denying that the queue will be outside this area, but this is where they are building the mountain.

No need to get so defensive, but the information doesn't say that the mountain is going there or that that the ride will cover 1.5 acres which is what we were saying to begin with. I haven't the slightest idea where location will be. I just can't see a near 200 foot attraction fitting in such a small area. maybe you are right, but it just doesn't seem logical to us, sorry to upset you so... I typically agree with your posts and Lee's, however this time I agre with Lee, but we are all merely speculating at this point.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by spider-man
No need to get so defensive, but the information doesn't say that the mountain is going there or that that the ride will cover 1.5 acres which is what we were saying to begin with. I haven't the slightest idea where location will be. I just can't see a near 200 foot attraction fitting in such a small area. maybe you are right, but it just doesn't seem logical to us, sorry to upset you so... I typically agree with your posts and Lee's, however this time I agre with Lee, but we are all merely speculating at this point.

It's not really speculative...Cast Members (including MKTiggerman, as he has already said) have seen construction--footers have gone down within this site.

Lee

Adventurer
Okay, check this out:

One acre is 43,560 square feet.

The Space Mountain building has 72,000 square feet of floor.

The new mountain will cover at least 2 acres by itself, plus exterior areas such as outdoor track, queue, etc.

I estimate about 5-6 acres for the whole area.

Also, when the post here said that a 1-1.5 acre plot was sealed off, they were estimating. Nobody actually paced it off or anything. If you don't know how small an acre is, it is easy to be off by quite a bit.

Plus, I am still being told to keep an eye on the waterfront area.
Could be nothing, but who knows?

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lee
Okay, check this out:

One acre is 43,560 square feet.

The Space Mountain building has 72,000 square feet of floor.

The new mountain will cover at least 2 acres by itself, plus exterior areas such as outdoor track, queue, etc.

I estimate about 5-6 acres for the whole area.

Also, when the post here said that a 1-1.5 acre plot was sealed off, they were estimating. Nobody actually paced it off or anything. If you don't know how small an acre is, it is easy to be off by quite a bit.

Plus, I am still being told to keep an eye on the waterfront area.
Could be nothing, but who knows?

Fair enough...I was only reading what Steve posted, but with Space Mountain being roughly the same height as EVEREST, and EVEREST appearing much steeper than Space Mountain...I dunno...by my math, Space Mountain is roughly 1.5 acres in size...that number could be pretty accurate...I am sure the new mini-land will be at least 6 acres in size, but the mountain, itself...under two acres is certainly a fair size for the mountain.

Al

Could someone get an aerial pic, and circle where about it is gonna go? As I am kinda confused!!!

I think the construction of this ride could be one of the most interesting WDW constructions we have seen for a while :D I'm just glad I know of wdwmagic to keep checking back. I am looking forward to the first pics! :D

Fair enough...I was only reading what Steve posted, but with Space Mountain being roughly the same height as EVEREST, and EVEREST appearing much steeper than Space Mountain...I dunno...by my math, Space Mountain is roughly 1.5 acres in size...that number could be pretty accurate...I am sure the new mini-land will be at least 6 acres in size, but the mountain, itself...under two acres is certainly a fair size for the mountain.

Kyle, once again I am sorry, but under 2 acres is way to small for an attraction of this magnitude...just because their is a dirt birm up, doesn't mean that the construction site itself is actually much bigger. I have said it before and I will say it again...5 to 6 acres is extremely reasonable, I mean did you see the model??? Unless that was done at 1/4" inch scale, there is now way all that could fit onto 1.5 acres.

MicBat

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
Kyle, once again I am sorry, but under 2 acres is way to small for an attraction of this magnitude...just because their is a dirt birm up, doesn't mean that the construction site itself is actually much bigger. I have said it before and I will say it again...5 to 6 acres is extremely reasonable, I mean did you see the model??? Unless that was done at 1/4" inch scale, there is now way all that could fit onto 1.5 acres.
I was thinking the same thing... Looking at the picture, it looks pretty wide...Anyone know the acreage of any other large scale attractions?? Maybe Splash or something??

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by MicBat
I was thinking the same thing... Looking at the picture, it looks pretty wide...Anyone know the acreage of any other large scale attractions?? Maybe Splash or something??

Space mountain is 1.5 acres in size. It is roughly as tall as Everest. Its walls rise at roughly a 30º angle...if you look at EVEREST, it is clear the walls of the mountain are at a greater angle, sometimes reaching vertical...it would be impossible by my math for the mountain to be more than 1.5 to 2 acres. With its given height and clear steepness, it could not be any larger. In order to be 6 acres in size, you would be talking a 15 degree slope...not very impressive. The lift hill is probably at a 30º angle, and the mountain is clearly steeper than the lift hill. It's all simple math..

You know what else is simple math? Looking at the scale of the model. In order for all that to fit on an acre...it would be over 1/4" scale....thats a small, unimpressive mountain...

WEDMagic

by the water

Everst will go on the waters edge across from tarzan rocks, they are clearing this area out. the area behind kali is hard to get to unless you cut through the jungle trek but there is a whole lot of backstage support equipment that would have to be moved, Ive also seen a plot of the attraction and it is near the water, also on the same page was a new bridge from by tarzan across the discovery river

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
You know what else is simple math? Looking at the scale of the model. In order for all that to fit on an acre...it would be over 1/4" scale....thats a small, unimpressive mountain...

It is 190-199 feet tall! It is steeper than Space Mountain! Can I make it any clearer? You have yet to explain your reasoning to me AT ALL. I have a source ON THIS SITE saying it is that size, math PROVES it is that size, you you, with no insider backing, say it is bigger. And it is NOT going by the water, oh my god...get it through your heads...it is under construction by Rafiki's Planet Watch! Some of Steve's insiders and MKTiggerman have SEEN the site. Two acres or less and 200 feet tall is NOT unimpressive. That is called Space Mountain.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
everyone,

I'm back there almost daily, and the construction is taking place between RPW and Kali. Yes, it is behind Tarzan Rocks..... FAR BEHIND IT.

So guess what... we were all right. Judging though by the position of the construction backstage, and comparing it with some maps, i'd say that it will be behind Kali River Rapds, off to the left quite a bit

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Corrus
Dirt? or is it Trash....

AND a Trailer??

LOL

it's a huge dirt hill... with tire tracks on it. You should know. It looks too neat and well thought out to be trash... it's dirt.

And yes... there's a small trailer there too. You should know that too.

It is 190-199 feet tall! It is steeper than Space Mountain! Can I make it any clearer? You have yet to explain your reasoning to me AT ALL. I have a source ON THIS SITE saying it is that size, math PROVES it is that size, you you, with no insider backing, say it is bigger. And it is NOT going by the water, oh my god...get it through your heads...it is under construction by Rafiki's Planet Watch! Some of Steve's insiders and MKTiggerman have SEEN the site. Two acres or less and 200 feet tall is NOT unimpressive. That is called Space Mountain.

Kyle, seriously, the scale of the model warrants that it is bigger than 1.5 acres...Space Mountain is how tall? with the spire or without? The spires are not included in the slope i take it? Once again kyle, pay attention closely, THE ENTIRE ATTRACTION, MEANING QUEUE, THEMING, AND SURROUNDING AREA, HAS TO BE LARGER THAN 1.5 ACRES, BASED ON THE SCALE OF THE MODEL ALONE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom