Forbidden Mountain Construction

CmdrTostada

Original Poster
Sorry about that, I didn't know. It was the first time I ever went to Rafiki's planet watch. But that is the construction site for Expedition everest, right? But they do have one of those construction manager bungalow things, I called it a trailer earlier lol.

FLcastmember

I was recently flying over the park, and the are near RPW has been cleared for years. I didnt see the trailer, but the construction equipment has been there off and on for years. So I dont think that this is the area in question as all rumors have pointed to the area north east of Kali. This area has no signs of contruction yet, other then oil bouy's in the water near the site.

Lee

Adventurer
To the best of my knowledge, the mountain is going over near Discovery River, east-ish of Kali.
If you look at the concept art, you can sort of see the stepped areas that are already at the shore there.

P.S. - Just a note, if you ever get the opportunity to go through a tornado....pass!:lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Construction has, indeed, begun on the EVEREST project, and it is west of Kali River Rapids, by Rafiki's Planet Watch. There is currently a rather large pile of dirt and initial footers have gone in--it is not on the waters closest to Dinoland, as originally thought. As you enter the park, it will appear almost directly behind the Tree of Life.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lee
Very interesting.
I wonder why they changed it.:confused:

The land was already cleared--it cut months off of the construction time. Due to Test Track and SPACE's insane construction times, they want this one up and running as soon as possible.

Big Pooh

Originally posted by Lee
P.S. - Just a note, if you ever get the opportunity to go through a tornado....pass!:lookaroun

Hi Lee...Sorry to hear about that. I hope family and friends all came out ok. I watched a lot of the tornados' on tv. :eek: We deal with it in Tx. too, but not like some other states. It's good to see you're still posting. :)

Cheers :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Gotta disagree there.
This attraction will take up much more than one acre.
For queue, mountain and outdoor ride areas, its more like 5 or 6.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Lee
Gotta disagree there.
This attraction will take up much more than one acre.
For queue, mountain and outdoor ride areas, its more like 5 or 6.

19 April 2003: Some backstage info

In what seems a sure sign of beginning work on the new attraction...

Backstage at AK, the parking lot is FULL of WDI fleet vehicles, Disney corporate cars, and CONSTRUCTION COMPANY CARS. Normally the lot is empty. Second, backstage between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Kali River Rapids, there is a 1-1.5 acre lot that's been sealed off from access. In there, there was a 15 foot tall dirt hill, and several construction permits, along with more WDI vehicles and construction company vehicles. Lastly, a new doublewide trailer is being delivered, and a Nationsrent company vehicle (Nationsrent specializes in hiring construction equipment to companies and individuals).

1.5 acres is way to small. 5 or 6 is more acurate, this attraction is supposed to be huge, Geeze, even mission space is on land area of almost an acre. Once again Kyle, I think your source is flawed.

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
1.5 acres is way to small. 5 or 6 is more acurate, this attraction is supposed to be huge, Geeze, even mission space is on land area of almost an acre. Once again Kyle, I think your source is flawed.

My SOURCE is wdwmagic, i.e. THIS WEB-SITE. Be sure to send Steve a PM telling him that his sources are "flawed"...and the whole cleared site is not for EVEREST; it is large enough for a whole new land. If Steve says there is a site with construction walls around it that is 1-1.5 acres in size, I trust him over any of you...it is his site, you know, and he is usually right with his announcements.

WDWspider

From WDWMAGIC.com:

Backstage at AK, the parking lot is FULL of WDI fleet vehicles, Disney corporate cars, and CONSTRUCTION COMPANY CARS. Normally the lot is empty. Second, backstage between Rafiki's Planet Watch and Kali River Rapids, there is a 1-1.5 acre lot that's been sealed off from access. In there, there was a 15 foot tall dirt hill, and several construction permits, along with more WDI vehicles and construction company vehicles. Lastly, a new doublewide trailer is being delivered, and a Nationsrent company vehicle (Nationsrent specializes in hiring construction equipment to companies and individuals).

It does not say the ride will only cover 1 - 1.5 acres of land. Nor, are we saying this area will not be implemented in the Construction of the ride. We are saying that the total ride will have to cover more than 1.5 acres.

It seems to be an interpretation issue to me.

Use some Logic here, the coaster cannot be fit into an acre of land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom