Forbidden Journey Seats - Size Requirements?

dave&di

Original Poster
I am hearing that the seats for FJ are small and that you don't have to be obese to be rejected. What reasons are there for not being allowed to ride? Is it height or girth? If you have a big belly is that a no no? I'm asking as my partner is overweight (not massively) he is one of those men that is not fat everywhere just his beer belly! He is really looking forward to riding FJ and I am trying to get him to lose weight! If he knew I have posted this he will kill me!:ROFLOL:

Diane

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There have been quite a few numbers thrown around and unfortunately I have no idea which are true. The ones that seem to make the most sense are a person with a chest diameter greater than 48" and/or a weight in excess on 300 lbs could run into an issue. Take this with a big old bag of salt as I have yet to see anything officially come out save for a minimum height requirement.

dave&di

Original Poster
There have been quite a few numbers thrown around and unfortunately I have no idea which are true. The ones that seem to make the most sense are a person with a chest diameter greater than 48" and/or a weight in excess on 300 lbs could run into an issue. Take this with a big old bag of salt as I have yet to see anything officially come out save for a minimum height requirement.

Thanks, I will get the tape measure and scales out and give him a salad for his dinner!

cmatt

i would imagine by the look of the seat the broadness and leg measurements come into play also....

i just gone from 52" to 46" chest so once i hit 42" i will consider going back to orlando :ROFLOL:

cmatt

CrossFit + Paleo Diet.

Just a suggestion.

gym cardio program + weights for toning with a low carb/fat/sugar diet is sooo much easier :) not to mention eating in moderation ;) working better then any other 'plan' i have done over the years and means that when i reach target weight i DONT bulk up again by returning to a crap diet.

dave&di

Original Poster
Thanks for the tips, I've advised him how to lose weight but he loves his food so I thought scaring him by telling him he is too big to ride the attractions would do it! 11 weeks till we land at OIA so fingers crossed!

Diane:wave:

SleepingMonk

If he really put the work in he could safely drop 20+ pounds in 11 weeks.

It also might be easier to motivate him if you did a program with him.

Usually makes it harder to sit on the couch when your better half is out getting even better.

:D

dave&di

Original Poster
If he really put the work in he could safely drop 20+ pounds in 11 weeks.

It also might be easier to motivate him if you did a program with him.

Usually makes it harder to sit on the couch when your better half is out getting even better.

:D

I've been on a plan since March, well just eating less s**t food and exercising more. I've lost 20lbs so far got another 11lbs to go! I'm not large (145lbs) but just trying to shape up for the shorts!!

I've been struggling for 8 years to get him to put the toilet seat down so not optimistic!:brick: Thanks anyay x Diane x

Thrill Seeker

It's not just weight that's the problem. I couldn't go because the restraints wouldn't go past my shoulders. I'm a tall guy at 6 ft 7 and have broad shoulders. Because of my height, I have to sit in the big person seats so I can slump down a bit. This ride has ridiculously small restraints, and hopefully now that the media has started writing stories about this, Universal will take action and make modified seats asap...

dave&di

Original Poster
It's not just weight that's the problem. I couldn't go because the restraints wouldn't go past my shoulders. I'm a tall guy at 6 ft 7 and have broad shoulders. Because of my height, I have to sit in the big person seats so I can slump down a bit. This ride has ridiculously small restraints, and hopefully now that the media has started writing stories about this, Universal will take action and make modified seats asap...

There is an article on www.mugglenet I found today about the problem, big hips, shoulders even big are a reason to be rejected. Others rides have seats for larger people, surely they now have to do the same with FJ.:(

JROK

Almost all rides have restrictions, especially height restrictions. Think of Warwick Davis, do you think he got to ride FJ? Should Universal design a seat specifically for people that are under the height restriction allowing them the opportunity to ride?

You can't please everybody all the time. They'll make larger seats eventually, until then, enjoy the rest of the land.

RSoxNo1

I'm keeping an eye out on this. I'm 5'9", 250 lbs, and the more I read, the more it seems like I'm not going to be able to ride. I'm able to fit on Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge and The Hulk using the standard seats, but it's a tight fit. I can also fit on Sum of All Thrills and Rip Ride and Rockit. How do the seats compare to these attractions?

I would like to commend the people on this site for civility in this thread. Every other place I've seen this discussion it has turned into a "lose the weight chubby" or "it's total discrimination" argument. Let's keep it that way.

dxwwf3

I personally found the seats on FJ to be much more comfortable than on Hulk/Dragons. The seats are wider and didn't dig into my hips like they do on the coasters. I also found the over the head restraints to be more comfortable too. I'm 6'3" 240 and had zero problems riding FJ, while I still have to squeeze into the seats on Hulk/Dragons.

JROK

I can also fit on Sum of All Thrills and Rip Ride and Rockit. How do the seats compare to these attractions?

From what I've heard the seats are slightly larger than Sum of All Thrills. I've been on both but didn't notice much of a difference. They're very similar so if you can fit on Sum, then it would be strange for you not to fit on FJ.

cmatt

I'm keeping an eye out on this. I'm 5'9", 250 lbs, and the more I read, the more it seems like I'm not going to be able to ride. I'm able to fit on Dueling Dragons/Dragon Challenge and The Hulk using the standard seats, but it's a tight fit. I can also fit on Sum of All Thrills and Rip Ride and Rockit. How do the seats compare to these attractions?

I would like to commend the people on this site for civility in this thread. Every other place I've seen this discussion it has turned into a "lose the weight chubby" or "it's total discrimination" argument. Let's keep it that way.

life is too short to get upset about it on an internet forum. :)

RSoxNo1

From what I've heard the seats are slightly larger than Sum of All Thrills. I've been on both but didn't notice much of a difference. They're very similar so if you can fit on Sum, then it would be strange for you not to fit on FJ.

Someone else said they could fit on Sum of All Thrills, but not Forbidden Journey - either way, you've given me a glimmer of hope. I'm hoping to be down another 5-10 pounds by then, but in reality it's my chest that's going to be problematic.

life is too short to get upset about it on an internet forum. :)

I concur.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Speaking as a fat ______________ who untill last year had to ride in the modified chairs, Im interested by this debate especially as I found the Rip restraints uncomfortable, though that may have been the heavy handed youths who closed it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom