For those who will miss Sorceror Mickey's Hat from DHS

Phil12

And those irrelevant facts do not bolster your false notion that Disneyland was a prototype for WDW.
That is not the notion they were presented to answer. I think it's obvious that they answer the question of park size. The answer to the prototype question is obvious. Both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom have the same basic layout and that it because the Magic Kingdom is based upon the basic layout of Disneyland. I'll leave it to you to look up the definition of the word prototype.

lazyboy97o

That is not the notion they were presented to answer. I think it's obvious that they answer the question of park size. The answer to the prototype question is obvious. Both Disneyland and Magic Kingdom have the same basic layout and that it because the Magic Kingdom is based upon the basic layout of Disneyland. I'll leave it to you to look up the definition of the word prototype.
Overall park size doesn't impac the size of Main Street, USA or Hollywood Blvd, which you keep trying to deflect from and lie about.

Phil12

I think his main point is that DHS is actually bigger than the Magic Kingdom, let alone Disneyland.
I honestly thought it was common knowledge among Disney fans. I think also that extraneous and unrelated inquiries were injected into the mix that muddied the water. As they say, when your case is based upon the facts, argue the facts. When your case is based upon the law, argue the law. When your case is based upon neither then muddy the water. :)

thelookingglass

I don't buy that DHS is "bigger" than MK, in terms of guest walking space. DHS is actually quite small. Hollywood Blvd and the Echo Lake area feel like they're about the same size as Diagon Alley.

lazyboy97o

I think his main point is that DHS is actually bigger than the Magic Kingdom, let alone Disneyland.
Which is irrelevant to his false claim that the Chinese Theater is not visible down Hollywood Blvd and therefore is a failed design. Disneyland was brought up because Sleeping Beauty Castle is clearly visible at Disneyland. Hollywood Blvd is as long as Main Street, USA. The buildings that line Hollwood Blvd are about the same height as those that line Main Street, USA. The Chinese Theater is larger than Sleeping Beauty Castle, therefore it must also be visible. The size of the rest of the park is of no concern, because there is no proportional relationship between park size and the entry corridor.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've always felt that the addition of two or 3 more giant hats (think giant Mickey ears (not the stupid water tower, that is not a real hat!), giant Goofy hat, giant chef's hat, giant top hat, giant evil bowler hat from Meet the Robinsons etc.) would create a festive "hatmosphere" along Hollywood Blvd. that would be unparalleled in themed attraction area history.

Minnesota disney fan

I too will miss it, never minded it's location. I think it fit in the middle of things as an anchor for the park. Hope they put it somewhere else too.
Grew up without the Hat as a kid/teen and it was then there after a few years I missed prior to visiting more often again as an adult.

I actually quite liked it, I think it's a shame it has to go and looks good, only problem anyone has ever had was its location...
I'd be happy to see it moved elsewhere as a compromise as I think it's a great icon for the park but in a different spot...

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
But Disneyland is tiny compared to DHS. Also, Disneyland is really a prototype park which served its purpose to help make a bigger and better WDW.

Not quite correct. The prototype for all the parks is DLP (Disneyland Prototype) which is referred to on these boards all the time. It was kept secured in a theme park warehouse on the outskirts of what would become DLfE (Disneyland for Europeans).

The Empress Lilly

Not quite correct. The prototype for all the parks is DLP (Disneyland Prototype) which is referred to on these boards all the time. It was kept secured in a theme park warehouse on the outskirts of what would become DLfE (Disneyland for Europeans).
The Experimental Prototype Park of Tomorrow. You can still see the model on the TTA, the bit with all the rides.

The Empress Lilly

Go DHS, go!!
smileys-cheerleading-755332.gif

Actual guest walking distance of DHS overlaid on EPCOT and the MK:
dhs.jpg
DHS-EPCOT.jpg
DHS-MK.jpg

FettFan

I've always felt that the addition of two or 3 more giant hats (think giant Mickey ears (not the stupid water tower, that is not a real hat!), giant Goofy hat, giant chef's hat, giant top hat, giant evil bowler hat from Meet the Robinsons etc.) would create a festive "hatmosphere" along Hollywood Blvd. that would be unparalleled in themed attraction area history.

HATMOSPHERE DANCE PARTY
giphy.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom