For those who have ridden Soarin', but never visited Disneyland

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With Space Mountain being higher than any elevation in Florida, that wouldn't be too scenic a journey. :p

I guess there'd be good beach, swamp, and theme park views though.:shrug:
It sure would make the ride motion programing quite a bit easier.

"Ok stay level for 30 seconds, 5 degree left bank for 5 seconds, stay level for 30 seconds, 5 degree right bank for 5 seconds, stay level for 30 seconds, 5 degree left bank for 5 seconds, stay level for 30 seconds, 5 degree right bank for 5 seconds, stay level for 30 seconds, end simulation."

plaz10

The best views of Florida are the theme parks and if you want to see them...take a ride on the monorail haha.

Epcotian

I knew right away that it was DL, from the castle, IaSW, the Matterhorn, etc...

But nearly every time I ride Soarin', I hear some yahoo yell, Look! It'sDisney World! Or- Hey! We're in Florida now! :shrug:

I was reading through the thread and thinking to myself that the "uneducated" probably don't even notice anything that might be out of place in WDW. They just see a Disney park and the fireworks and assume it's WDW.

puntagordabob

For those of you who have ridden Soarin' at Epcot, but never actually visited Disneyland in CA, I have a few questions. When you rode Soarin' for the first time, did you know that was Disneyland at the end, or were you confused? Were you able to identify It's a Small World covered in holiday lights? Did the Matterhorn seem out of place?

Knew it was Disneyland... IASW in lights: Yep.... Matterhorn: not out of place since I knew it was Disneyland! :)

Ive ridden both Soarin' attractions actually Epcot & DCA within the same 24 hours... while within the actual room with the seats it is very very close to a mirror image (there were a couple differences...a decorated light at end of each row and the button placement for the seatbelts was different lol) so it is kind of "mind blowing" and now what is confusing is when you get off of the ride in DCA (and I knew I was there) but my mind was still looking for The Land Pavillion :) lol now THAT is confusing hhehehehe...

Imagined the sensation was sorta like Alice looking through the Looking Glass! :) lol

fosse76

Knew it was Disneyland... IASW in lights: Yep.... Matterhorn: not out of place since I knew it was Disneyland! :)

Ive ridden both Soarin' attractions actually Epcot & DCA within the same 24 hours... while within the actual room with the seats it is very very close to a mirror image (there were a couple differences...a decorated light at end of each row and the button placement for the seatbelts was different lol) so it is kind of "mind blowing" and now what is confusing is when you get off of the ride in DCA (and I knew I was there) but my mind was still looking for The Land Pavillion :) lol now THAT is confusing hhehehehe...

Imagined the sensation was sorta like Alice looking through the Looking Glass! :) lol

The Soarin' themeing is far superior at DCA. Epcot's is almost embarassing.

musketeer

If discussion on a WDW fan site were regulated to only items that "mattered" it would be pretty barren around here...

Well, I say that because of all the topics that are discussed, the one that I just can't understand is how the themeing of an area around a ride effects the ride itself. I agree that it can ADD something to it, but I don't see how it can really take something away from it.

I wouldn't get off of soarin and say, "man, that ride SUCKED because the themeing around the area of the ride and the line for it had nothing to do with it!!!!"

DizneyPryncess

Knowing ahead of time that the ride was about California, I assumed something associated with Disneyland would be in it. The first time I rode it, I noticed the castle was different, and Main Street was different so I put 2 & 2 together. Since then, I have gone to Disneyland, and it makes the differences more obvious to me. I also preferred "Soarin" over California while in California. :)

Like many others, I noticed immediately that it was DL. Ive also been told Michael Eisner is the guy hitting the golf ball that makes its way to our face!

37 days...ready to ride everything all over again!

puntagordabob

In response to Musketeer: Well compare the theming of queue are of Disneyland's iasw versus WDW's... there is a substantial difference...having seen both I can saw beyond a shadow of a doubt that it sets the stage for the rest of the ride so that even if they are identical in every way, the initial contact via the queue can make a big influence upon you.

musketeer

In response to Musketeer: Well compare the theming of queue are of Disneyland's iasw versus WDW's... there is a substantial difference...having seen both I can saw beyond a shadow of a doubt that it sets the stage for the rest of the ride so that even if they are identical in every way, the initial contact via the queue can make a big influence upon you.

Aside from one being outside and one being inside, is there much of a difference?

Walt Disney1955

For those of you who have ridden Soarin' at Epcot, but never actually visited Disneyland in CA, I have a few questions. When you rode Soarin' for the first time, did you know that was Disneyland at the end, or were you confused? Were you able to identify It's a Small World covered in holiday lights? Did the Matterhorn seem out of place?

Thanks!
:wave:

Yes I knew it was Disneyland. I've never been before but I know the differences of the castles among other things. Initially you assume it's Magic Kingdom but while it took me a second or two, I figured it out.

Wilt Dasney

Aside from one being outside and one being inside, is there much of a difference?
Yes. (At least IMO.)

DL's IASW facade lords over its area of Fantasyland in a way that's not comparable to WDW's. It has a "bigness," a welcoming nature and a feeling of import that aren't found at WDW's. In addition, the way it's set off and forces you to approach it from a distance (somewhat like an Epcot pavilion) establishes a feeling of anticipation that can't be matched by just turning off a cramped walkway and going in.

Whether all this affects the experience of the ride itself is an open question I guess, but I think it does, if only minimally and subliminally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom