For those of you who do ADR's

I was using the new version of the dining reservations website yesterday, and am now enjoying the suggestions that are popping up. Granted, I'm in Epcot on my first day and they suggested something at Wilderness Lodge for Dinner. :ROFLOL: But it might be fun to play ADR roulette, and try new ones on this trip. New ADR system is definitely better than it has been.

Batphobic

Hey guys!! So I was just wondering for those of you who do table service meals and you've been to Disney multiple times how you go about deciding which ones to choose. For us with each trip we like to do half of our meals at our favorite restaurants we've been to in the past and half of them new places we've never tried. For this trip we're doing some of our favorites again of Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Rose and crown and my favorite of Boma, but we are also tring for the first time Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, Donald's Safari Breakfast, and Ohana's Character breakfast.

How do all of you choose? All new? all old faves? Or half and half like us?

We do exactly the same - a couple favorites and a couple new ones. Trying 50's prime time for the first time so good to see it's one of your favorites. Doing Sci Fi too -- I've read some aren't fans of that one but we really like it. Also doing 1900 Park Fair for the first time - looking forward to seeing the Mad Hatter.

mouselvrmom

We do exactly the same - a couple favorites and a couple new ones. Trying 50's prime time for the first time so good to see it's one of your favorites. Doing Sci Fi too -- I've read some aren't fans of that one but we really like it. Also doing 1900 Park Fair for the first time - looking forward to seeing the Mad Hatter.

I love, love, love 50s Prime Time! It's a good choice. I like Sci Fi and 1900 Park Fare, too! Have a great trip!

We tend to be "Old Faithful" and stick with what we know. BUT...we like to try two or three new restaurants per trip. This time, it's Kouzzina's, Wolfgang Pucks and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

My Dad is really a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so all the African inspired restaurants don't interest him - he's traveled all over the world for 20+ years and likes what he likes. When I read him the menu at Yak and Yeti just for s**ts and giggles, he laughed for like 5 minutes, and made me repeat it just for fun ;)

stefan74

At day 180, I get on the phone a few minutes before the calling center opens and I start dialing until I get someone on the phone. We usually will try some new restaurants and old favorites. The last time we went, last December, we went to all new places and enjoyed. Because of this, the next time we go, we will probably pick some of the restaurants we tried in December and try a few new ones as well.

Have a Magical Day!

EvilQueen-T

the last few years we've done our trips mainly during the value season so the parks close earlier and that's become a driving force for our decisions. we tend to do snacks or a quick bite during the day as needed then book late table service dinners 8pm or later, we like a lot of the signature dining places for dinner. otherwise we do a lot like you and have a favorite or two we just don't want to do without and then fill in with new places. if we take the kids/granddaughter everyone picks one place but still based on limiting our time traveling between park and restaurant (so if they pick an epcot restaurant i book it when we're going to be there, resort dining when it's close to the park we're in that day or when the park closes early and we can get there for a late meal. our family (4 generations) are really open to trying different types of foods etc... and our rule is that when we're on vacation (wdw or not) we "eat outside the box" i.e., no places we can get at home.

pacochran

We generally do most meals at quick service and do favorites, but every year we like to try two new places. This year when we go in December we are probably going to try Ohana's and haven't chosen another yet. Once and while we repeat but not too often.

Tomi-Rocket

research....

Well, like you we return to favorites. On each trip everyone gets to choose one restaurant to go back to and then we have a family favorite, the one place we all love and would definitely go back to. Then I settle in for some research by looking at all the menu's for whatever meal I'm choosing for and then make sure there is something for everyone to eat. So, when we go we are trying a bunch of new places and a lot of times, new kinds of food. It takes time, but I love doing it and in the end it's definitely worth it!

JohnLocke

We tend to go by what we like to eat and try to do at least a few new restaurants each trip. We don't do as much resort dining, though.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
We all sit down and go through the options for restaurants dependant what we are going to be doing that day. Everyone gets an input and we try to ensure that we have a variety of food types before drawing up a final list to pick from. We then look at the on line menus to derive the final list. Then its just a case of ignoring the list and booking what I wanted to do in the 1st place anyway.

zaberachi

hi folks
can some1 please explain the menu choices when on the dining plan
can you have anything in le celier for instance or are there certain things you cant have
obviously we have the table service plan
many thanks guys

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
If you're on the DDP, your waiter will usually ask you at the onset of your meal. Then they will let you know which items are and are not covered by the plan.

mouselvrmom

We all sit down and go through the options for restaurants dependant what we are going to be doing that day. Everyone gets an input and we try to ensure that we have a variety of food types before drawing up a final list to pick from. We then look at the on line menus to derive the final list. Then its just a case of ignoring the list and booking what I wanted to do in the 1st place anyway.[/QUOTE]

I am so with you on this one! :lol:

harryk

hi folks
can some1 please explain the menu choices when on the dining plan
can you have anything in le celier for instance or are there certain things you cant have
obviously we have the table service plan
many thanks guys

We have had both the standard DP and the Deluxe DP and have never had any restrictions as to what we may have off of the menu.

Your plan tells you if you have restrictions - and it usually is regarding appetizers, deserts, and alcoholic beverages. It is best to speak to the cast member who hands you your key card upon registration. The entree has never had a restriction.
:xmas::xmas::xmas:

EvilQueen-T

in regards to restrictions on the dining plan the one specific i can remember is that at california grill and wolfgang puck cafe you can't order off the sushi menu.

Stellajack

That's something I never really thought about. For us we usually choose our restaurant choices first and then the parks second.....at least for the mos tpart. We do usually do MK the first day/night and also make sure we get to do Fantasmic, etc. but other than that meals usually come first then parks around them.

So which comes first for everyone else the chicken or the egg.....oops...I mean the reservations or the park schedule? LOL

For us it depends on who is on the trip with us. My husband and I are going by ourselves in Sept and we booked Bomas (a favorite) on our arrival day, Whispering Canyon (another fav) the night before departure, with Mama Melrose in between. We ALWAYS have to do Main Street Bakery:slurp: for early morning hours at MK and Pecos Bill's some time during our trip.

When is it just the two of us, we eat to live rather than live to eat and do not make extensive dining plans, but rather play it by ear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom