For those of you who do ADR's

Lbg206

Original Poster
Hey guys!! So I was just wondering for those of you who do table service meals and you've been to Disney multiple times how you go about deciding which ones to choose. For us with each trip we like to do half of our meals at our favorite restaurants we've been to in the past and half of them new places we've never tried. For this trip we're doing some of our favorites again of Sci-Fi, 50's Prime Time, Rose and crown and my favorite of Boma, but we are also tring for the first time Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, Donald's Safari Breakfast, and Ohana's Character breakfast.

How do all of you choose? All new? all old faves? Or half and half like us?

mouselvrmom

We pretty much do the same as you. There are old faves that I simply cannot bear to not visit. And of course, we like to try things that we haven't before too. It's hard to add new though, when there are so many favorites that I can't miss! :lol:

Btw, we've done the ones you're doing this next trip except Boma and we've liked them all. :)

Phonedave

It's a combination of some favorites, some new ones, and some that are just because I plan on being in that area at that time.

-dave

Lbg206

Original Poster
Btw, we've done the ones you're doing this next trip except Boma and we've liked them all. :)

Thanks! I'm glad to hear they are all good choices, really looking forward to them all. We tried Boma for the first time last year when we stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge for our honeymoon.....it was fantastic! I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Breakfasts are easy (as they are pretty uniform across WDW and the resorts) so we eat at either our resort or eat at one of the many buffet breakfast venues.
Evening meals for us are more difficult as we have a very picky eater in the family, so we tend to stick with our chosen favourites. A little repetitive perhaps but we're happy.:)

zurgandfriend

1st night dinner either Biergarten or LTT, tradition.
Breakfast is at our resort or our favorite place for breakfast Kona Café.
Lunches and/or dinners usually someplace new, we may however revisit one past favorite a trip.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Le Cellier and Boma for dinner every trip plus numerous breakfasts at Kona Café while we're there. Then I switch around to different places we haven't been to or at least haven't been to recently... :lookaroun

Next trip we're doing three or four Signature restaurants at WDW and also branching out to dine at Universal which will be new.

My wife and I have a couple we always do as well, but always try to catch at least two or three we haven't been to before. Teppen Edo, Le cellier, and Coral reef are our must do's, and this year our new ones are going to be Crystal Palace chraracter breakfast and Ohana. Can't wait !!!

wvdisneyfamily

Some are tradition. Our last meal is always LTT. Since we've been so many times for such long stays, we've been blessed to experience a lot. This leaves us with more favorites than new places. Each year the number of new places dwindles. We always try to have a couple. We do eat at some places twice during the trip - Le Cellier for dinner and WCC for a dinner and a breakfast.

Pooh Lover

Almost every TS meal for us is repetitive as we have many favorites and tend not to be be very adventurous. If we travel with my family, they tend to be very picky but still have their favorites.

harryk

Base reservations on which park we shall be in on a certain day.
DW insists on Tony's for dinner one evening (so if attending MVMCP - that's where we shall have dinner that day.)
Final evening or next to final is always at Jinko's - we find it more than satisfying.
Tried Germany for lunch last year - was an excellent choice - first time in over 25 years we tried it.
Old favorites have been Narcoosees at GF, Artist Point, Whispering Canyon and Liberty Tree.
Cinderella's while good has turned rather hum drum - but is great for evening if have fireworks view.
Have tried almost all the restaurants along the World Showcase and have found France too crowded, Italy good but can pass up, Morocco every other year a must, Norway rather hum drum, Japan (only eat the cooked stuff) - DS loves the raw food though.
Lunches tend to be at quick serve - Columbia House being the best.
So - when make ADR's we list all the restaurants out for lunch and dinner and then make selections after eliminating Tony's and Jiko's - they are definites. Tried the new Greek restaurant at Boardwalk for both lunch and dinner - it is very, very good. - Breakfast is nothing to sneeze at either.
Clam Bake at Beach Club is worth a visit if you have not done that either.
Hoop Dee Doo - that long running show at Ft. Wilderness is great. But the menu never changes - so there are no decisions to make when it comes to selecting the meal.

199 days to go VWL :xmas::xmas:

Korfar

We like to try new ones each time. Although we have to hit Chef Mickeys each time. This trip we are there nine nights. 8 of those will be new experiences. It is a fun way to try new things.

coltow

We have a top 10, we try to mix them up each trip. We pick some from our 10 and try for at least 2 new ones. A new one may not necessarily be a new place but a new meal. By doing this we keep tweaking our top 10 because we find some new faves, like the Plaza. We try to create our park schedule 1st and then DH and I sit and pick the restaurants together. We do like to try for CRT on our last night as our going away dinner.

fredtom

This process becomes more difficult for us each year because our list keeps growing... and there's only so much time. We have a few favorites designated as must-do's, and other favorites that we want to include, as well as trying new places. Of course, we've usually found that after trying a new restaurant, it becomes added to our favorite list... as was the case with Sanaa and Kouzzina last year.

In the last few years we've tried a rotation system so we can visit our favorites at least every two or three visits. We've also made our selections by random drawing. :shrug:
My wife has suggested that we just go cold and put all of them into a hat next year, including our must-do's... so that all choices will be random.

Good luck with your dining list.

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Lbg206

Original Poster
We have a top 10, we try to mix them up each trip. We pick some from our 10 and try for at least 2 new ones. A new one may not necessarily be a new place but a new meal. By doing this we keep tweaking our top 10 because we find some new faves, like the Plaza. We try to create our park schedule 1st and then DH and I sit and pick the restaurants together. We do like to try for CRT on our last night as our going away dinner.

That's something I never really thought about. For us we usually choose our restaurant choices first and then the parks second.....at least for the mos tpart. We do usually do MK the first day/night and also make sure we get to do Fantasmic, etc. but other than that meals usually come first then parks around them.

So which comes first for everyone else the chicken or the egg.....oops...I mean the reservations or the park schedule? LOL

DizneyPryncess

We also do our park schedule first - I've found it easier to do that. I check EMH's & fireworks/parades schedules and pick out the park days. Then I usually mix half favorites/half new restaurants. On "days off" where we aren't in any parks, I like to visit a new resort & eat somewhere there. It just keeps Disney being part of the day.

Places I visit each time: Either Kona Cafe or Ohana - usually Kona. I must always eat at the Poly though. Teppan Edo or Tokyo Dining, we love the Japanese Pavilion food. Some kind of character dining, whether it's Crystal Palace or CRT. I like to have at least one in there. ESPN Club is a must to appease my husband. We love to visit the Boardwalk anyways.

Eyorefan

First each person gets to pick one resturant they want to go to. My daughter always picks a place in the WS she wants to try, I usually pick Kona as a must do (I love visiting the Poly). If we go with my mom she will usually chose the Plaza. Then we all agree on a charater meal.

From there we do our park schedule and then decided what we want to eat based on where we will be that day. I like to have a good combination of something old and something we all enjoyed in the past because we don't want to go to the exact same places every time.

DisneyGirl11

Definitely do half and half, like you. Our favorites are Liberty Tree Tavern, Boatwright's Dining Hall, Le Cellier, Boma, California Grill and O'Hana breakfast. We usually don't do all of them each trip, but mostly!! Then we find some new restaurants that we'd like to try!!

Magical Dreamer

Just finished our ADR's for November...

11/12 - Captain Jacks
11/13 - Crystal Palace
11/14 - Coral Reef
11/15 - Ohana
11/16 - Hoopdee Do Review
11/17 - LeCellier
11/18 - Mama Melrose - Fantasmic
11/19 - Bistro De Paris
11/20 - Cape May Cafe
11/21 - 50's Prime Time Cafe

170 days to go. Can't Wait.....:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Lucky

I try to do some new ones every trip. Last year about half were new, and some of them were a little disappointing. This year we'll mostly go with the tried and true.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom