For those going in Sept w/ Free Dining! Where are you eating?

EnchantedRose

Hey Everyone!:wave:

So as of today I am 17 days away from making ADR's for our Sept/23-Oct/2 trip! :sohappy: (March 27) I have been planning and researching where we would eat for weeks now!:rolleyes:

This will be our fourth trip as a family & my mother's first trip & the first trip where my son will be on the dining plan (he was under 3) our previous 3 trips. Once the Sept hours were released I started coming up with a rough itinerary of what we will do and where we will eat, but I'm wondering where everyone else will be eating.

My choices have changed a bit & i've gone back and forth between a few places but i've narrowed it down to a few & if these are unavailable then I do have a few back ups.

For now we would like to eat at:
Cyrstal Palace, Captains Grill, 1900 Park Fare, Askerhaus, Le Cellier (lunch), Coral Reef, Teppen Edo, Mama Melrose (Fantasmic pckg), Chef De France, Chef Mickey's.

So what are your choices? & when do you make your ADRs?

WDWmazprty

Your 180 day mark should be around March 27th. Thats the day you'd want to make those reservations. All your choices seem great! We're going from Sept 21st -24th. We have:

Crystal Palace
Le Chefs
Akershus
Chef Mickeys
Cape May Cafe

:wave:

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Your 180 day mark should be around March 27th. Thats the day you'd want to make those reservations. All your choices seem great! We're going from Sept 21st -24th. We have:

Crystal Palace
Le Chefs
Akershus
Chef Mickeys
Cape May Cafe

:wave:

Yeah....i'll be up at the crack of dawn :brick: on the 27th! LOL! Thank goodness it's a Sunday & i'm off from work! :ROFLOL:

Have you been to Akershus before? How's the food there? It's one of my back ups but just in case.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Yeah....i'll be up at the crack of dawn :brick: on the 27th! LOL! Thank goodness it's a Sunday & i'm off from work! :ROFLOL:

Have you been to Akershus before? How's the food there? It's one of my back ups but just in case.

Akershus is not bad, we liked it. We went mainly for our girls because its a princess character meal. They loved it! It's really nice. We scheduled our dinner so that once we were done, we could walk right outside down to the lagoon and get our spot for Illuminations. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
Akershus is not bad, we liked it. We went mainly for our girls because its a princess character meal. They loved it! It's really nice. We scheduled our dinner so that once we were done, we could walk right outside down to the lagoon and get our spot for Illuminations. :sohappy:

We have a boy...who will be celebr4ating his 4th Birthday while we there. We don't mind so much that it's more for girls...I mean he has loved the Princesses every other time we've gone...Love the attentions! lol We're trying to just try different places . If I can't get a ressie somewhere else...we may try this one out just for fun.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

We have a boy...who will be celebr4ating his 4th Birthday while we there. We don't mind so much that it's more for girls...I mean he has loved the Princesses every other time we've gone...Love the attentions! lol We're trying to just try different places . If I can't get a ressie somewhere else...we may try this one out just for fun.

Yeah, I'd love to go to the princess meals and get those hugs and kisses from the lovely ladies!:sohappy:

You could maybe try Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch as well as Donalds Safari Breakfast at AK; he might like those also.

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster

Yeah, I'd love to go to the princess meals and get those hugs and kisses from the lovely ladies!:sohappy:

You could maybe try Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch as well as Donalds Safari Breakfast at AK; he might like those also.

Yeah my husband LOVES it when our son get all the Princessess attention! lol. He says "That's my boy" a few times! lol.

We've done Donalds Safari twice on previous trips and loved it! However this trip we will be doing AK in two mornings & really want to try to use our TS points for dinner and not for breakfast. We get the most of out if for dinner. My husband and mom are not big breakfast ppl so it can be a waste sometimes. We're gonna do to CS for breakfasts most days except our first day at the parks....we're hoping to get CP ressies before MK opens for the day to get some great emtpy park shots in front of the castle.

I've wanted to do O'Hana...but my son is not a Lilo & stitch kid! lol. :rolleyes: What can i do! lol. We love the Character meals because you can meet a few characters & eat at the same time...saves you the trouble of lining up in the parks to meet them.

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

I'm going in the end of August, but also taking advantage of the free dining that starts the 19th!

We will be dining at
Kona (breakfast)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Cali Grill (dinner)
Rose and Crown (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
Boma (dinner)

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I'm going in the end of August, but also taking advantage of the free dining that starts the 19th!

We will be dining at
Kona (breakfast)
Via Napoli (lunch)
Cali Grill (dinner)
Rose and Crown (dinner)
Ohana (dinner)
Boma (dinner)

I'm thinking of doing Kona for breakfast one morning but paying OOP. Hubby is dying for some Tonga Toast! lol.

I've never eaten in any of these before. I do want to try Via Napoli but again this may be an OOP lunch one day.

Have fun!

Upvote 0

Juliaz3

How to get free dining?

I got a flyer from Disney in the mail last week for a dining plan in September, but because I had no thought of going in September, and my husband and I (no kids) usually don't make reservations because we eat at odd hours, I tossed it in the trash. :hammer:

Now I'm rethinking and a September vacation could be awesome. Do I need a special code to get free dining? How does it work?

:lookaroun Update: I just found the info on the Disney Dining forum. We usually stay at the Swan or Dolphin, so that's why I tossed the flyer, but maybe for a deal like this I'd try for the resort at the Animal Kingdom. Won't be so quick to toss Disney mail in the future!

(Thanks!)

Upvote 0

addcogulf

I am going last week of August with the free dining. There are twelve of us on this trip. I make all of our dining reservations 180 days ahead, right on the button. We are eating at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickeys, 1900 Park Fair, O'Hana's, Biergarten, and off of the dining plan we have one dinner at T-Rex. We do many of our meals buffet style because there are six children. :wave:

Upvote 0

oommggitskait

I'm thinking of doing Kona for breakfast one morning but paying OOP. Hubby is dying for some Tonga Toast! lol.

I've never eaten in any of these before. I do want to try Via Napoli but again this may be an OOP lunch one day.

Have fun!

Yeah we are for SURE paying OOP for Kona. It'll probably be around 30-40 bucks depending on what we get. Not worth 'wasting' a meal credit on. Because of Cali Grill (and our number of days) we will be paying OOP for another place too. Haven't decided if Via Napoli or Rose and Crown yet.

Upvote 0

WDWmazprty

Have fun!

Kona is great, and I love love love the Tonga Toast! Go there if you can. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

I got a flyer from Disney in the mail last week for a dining plan in September, but because I had no thought of going in September, and my husband and I (no kids) usually don't make reservations because we eat at odd hours, I tossed it in the trash. :hammer:

Now I'm rethinking and a September vacation could be awesome. Do I need a special code to get free dining? How does it work?

:lookaroun Update: I just found the info on the Disney Dining forum. We usually stay at the Swan or Dolphin, so that's why I tossed the flyer, but maybe for a deal like this I'd try for the resort at the Animal Kingdom. Won't be so quick to toss Disney mail in the future!

(Thanks!)

If a pin code was sent to you then give Disney a call and ask them of you have a code attached to your name an they may be able to help you. If you aske the questions they will give you answers...but they will not offer up any information. Also I have found if the first person you speak with does not find it call back till you get just the right person. Some more willing to help than others. I must get warm fuzzys from the person i am dealing with or i will call back!!!!

Upvote 0

Tink28

We are there from 19th Sept (POR) and staying for 15 nights so have loads of TS to use, so far planning on:
California Grill
Boma
Crystal Palace (Breakfast)
Castle
Nine Dragons
Artist Point
Garden Grill
Liberty Tree Tavern
Coral Reef
Wolfgang Pucks

Using a few TS for signature meals as plan to eat at Rainforest Cafe and T Rex, where we haven't been before, and as we have a shopping trip planned in our schedule (we Brits have to hit the shops!) will have lunch at the Cheesecake Factory.

Upvote 0

Tomi-Rocket

This will be our fourth trip as a family & my mother's first trip & the first trip where my son will be on the dining plan (he was under 3) our previous 3 trips. Once the Sept hours were released I started coming up with a rough itinerary of what we will do and where we will eat, but I'm wondering where everyone else will be eating.

We have a lot in common - our Sept. trip will also be our 4th family trip and also the 1st time my dad and his better half will be joining us! I, too, had to rearrange some of our plans around the EMH that were released. And finally I get to make our reservations on Mar. 21st and I can't wait! :sohappy:

Here's the places we're eating -
Kona Cafe, La Cantine de San Angel, 'Ohana, Planet Hollywood, Chef Mickey's (dinner), 50's Prime Time, Mama Melrose's (also hopefully doing the Fantasmic pkg), Garden Grill, Yak & Yeti counter, California Grill, The Plaza Restaurant, Maya Grill, Grand Floridian Cafe, Via Napoli, Rose & Crown and Beaches & Cream. :slurp:

That's it. It's funny when I see it all typed out then think of how it took countless hours to come up with it! LOL..... :)

Upvote 0

EnchantedRose

Original Poster

We have a lot in common - our Sept. trip will also be our 4th family trip and also the 1st time my dad and his better half will be joining us! I, too, had to rearrange some of our plans around the EMH that were released. And finally I get to make our reservations on Mar. 21st and I can't wait! :sohappy:

Here's the places we're eating -
Kona Cafe, La Cantine de San Angel, 'Ohana, Planet Hollywood, Chef Mickey's (dinner), 50's Prime Time, Mama Melrose's (also hopefully doing the Fantasmic pkg), Garden Grill, Yak & Yeti counter, California Grill, The Plaza Restaurant, Maya Grill, Grand Floridian Cafe, Via Napoli, Rose & Crown and Beaches & Cream. :slurp:

That's it. It's funny when I see it all typed out then think of how it took countless hours to come up with it! LOL..... :)

My hubby says i'm a nut sometimes because i'm more organized for our Disney trip than I am with other things. :rolleyes:

The littlest thing makes you re-arrange everything. When my mom said she wanted to join us I had to re-arrange where we were eating because I want her to experience certain things, then when I thought I had it all together they released the Sept. hours and I had to change them again :hammer:But in the end I love it and enjoy all the planning. It's something I enjoy & somewhat relaxes me:ROFLOL:You are so right...once you see it written down it's like 4 lines worth of stuff & you spent HOURS researching! lol...but that's the fun of Disney Planning. :D

How many days are you going for? I'm really hoping to get a Mama Melrose ressie. If we don't I doubt we'll see Fantasmic. I guess it'll all depend on how bad the line gets. I can't see myself waiting in line for 2 hrs with my 3 year old :brick:So cross my fingers we get one!

Good luck on your reservations!!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

We arrive 8/31 and were lucky enough to take advantage of free dining! :sohappy: Made my ADR's last Friday and here is where we will be eating

WGP Cafe (dinner)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Teppan Edo (dinner)
Chef Mickey (breakfast)
Tusker House (breakfast)
Grand Floridian Cafe (dinner)
Captain's Grille (dinner)

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

As of right now (unless we decide to change something), this is what we have booked:

T-Rex
Teppan Edo
Chef Mickey's for dinner
Ohana for dinner
Crystal Palace for dinner
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Whispering Canyon for dinner

Upvote 0

TheMatrix1331

My girlfriend and I will be going from May 17 - May 23 and we got a pin for free dining between those dates. Here's our dining schedule...
Narcoosee's -dinner
Chef Mickey's - breakfast
Yachtsman Steakhouse - dinner
Yak & Yeti - lunch
Jiko - dinner
Le Cellier - dinner
Les Chefs de France - dinner
The Hollywood Brown Derby - dinner
Cinderella's Royal Table - dinner
California Grill - dinner
Tusker House w/ Donald - breakfast

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom