For Sale on Ebay...

The Mom

Premium Member
Uh, guys! The shipping cost alone is $5,000 East Coast, $15,000 west Coast!! And it's 40'x 10'!!! Where would you put it? (but it is too cool!!!)

James123

Account Suspended
My garage is full

When I read the auction it said: Shipping & Handling: $5,000 West Coast - $15,000 East Coast. I think that pretty much puts the rumor to rest that all the props from the old JII ride are stored in the attic of the old attraction. I wonder how much it would cost to ship it to England? Thanks for the information Steve. My family will get a big kick when they see this! Also keep in mind that Disney announced last year that they were going to be selling off a lot of "props" from the parks and the closed Disney stores. I remember a column written by Jim Hill on the subject. About 50 Disney stores are getting the axe in the next few months so look for more great items on ebay.

NowInc

Well..you could also go pick it up yourself...

Keep in mind also they have a few more of these...so lets see how many more then want to sell ;)

Im thinking of bidding on it (seriously)...If it goes above 700 Im out tho..sorry...

Tom Morrow

As cool as that is, what exactly would you do with it? Could you press a button to make dreamfinder and figment talk? I guess that would be better to go in a museum or something

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by marciahahn
Uh, guys! The shipping cost alone is $5,000 East Coast, $15,000 west Coast!! And it's 40'x 10'!!! Where would you put it? (but it is too cool!!!)

Correction....reverse the shipping charges! As James mentioned, it IS NOT stored in Florida!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Gawd..one would need a large pole barn to store that thing....but imagine when you have company come over....

Me: "So Jim...I got this kewl new toy out in the pole barn. Come check it out...!"

Jim: "Ah...you got the 1965 Mustang convertible project car you've been talking about ?"

Me: " no...Better!"
Walks out to the barn..

Jim: "Uh...why is figment in your barn?"

How cool would that be?!

NowInc

LoL...i think most people wouldn't consider it "cool"...more likley it would be border-line obsessive/insanity ;)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by NowInc
LoL...i think most people wouldn't consider it "cool"...more likley it would be border-line obsessive/insanity ;)

Dah.... well if I really had that kinda money....and a place to keep it...it would be a cool thing to have... I would have no friggin clue what to do with it then....LoL:hammer:

zonguy

Seems to me there were more than one of these units in the ride. Like maybe 3 or 4. Remember how the ride went in almost a complete circle, and panels would "pop" up on either side of about 4 ride vehicles?

Now, if part of one is un MouseGears, and one's for sale on EBay... wonder where the others are?

NowInc

Originally posted by zonguy
Seems to me there were more than one of these units in the ride. Like maybe 3 or 4. Remember how the ride went in almost a complete circle, and panels would "pop" up on either side of about 4 ride vehicles?

Now, if part of one is un MouseGears, and one's for sale on EBay... wonder where the others are?

There were at least 6 that I know of..one is in mousegears (as you mentioned) and they already sold one on ebay (I think)..combined with this one..that makes 3...Disney will most likley keep at LEAST one for themselves..and will prob auction off the rest...

James123

Account Suspended
The Dream Mobiles are on me!

Originally posted by NowInc

There were at least 6 that I know of..one is in mousegears (as you mentioned) and they already sold one on ebay (I think)..combined with this one..that makes 3...Disney will most likley keep at LEAST one for themselves..and will prob auction off the rest...

According to the "Disney Babe":

"With the appearance on eBay of Dreamfinder and Figment aboard the Dream Mobile, Disney fans may worry that that particular piece of Disney history is gone as well. Remember how the ride operated, on a turntable? There were three entire Dreamfinder/One Little Spark sets. One is now on eBay, one is safely packed away at a Disney warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant, and the third -- well, let's just say that Dreamfinder and Figment are enjoying their "retirement" with a family member here in sunny Southern California, and that there's no one else on earth who would treat them with more love and care."

NowInc

Re: The Dream Mobiles are on me!

Originally posted by James

According to the "Disney Babe":

"With the appearance on eBay of Dreamfinder and Figment aboard the Dream Mobile, Disney fans may worry that that particular piece of Disney history is gone as well. Remember how the ride operated, on a turntable? There were three entire Dreamfinder/One Little Spark sets. One is now on eBay, one is safely packed away at a Disney warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant, and the third -- well, let's just say that Dreamfinder and Figment are enjoying their "retirement" with a family member here in sunny Southern California, and that there's no one else on earth who would treat them with more love and care."

So where did the one in mousegears come from?

James123

Account Suspended
Maybe it's a fake!

NowInc, far be it from me to question your knowledge of WDW. I was just passing along a quote from the "Disney Babe" (former better half of Jim Hill). I rode the ride many times and (as the panels flipped up) attempted to figure the total number of "Dream Suckers" (as I called them) that were in the ride. My guess was three based upon casual observation. It certainly could have been more. They might have kept "backups" in the attic for all I know. For all of us now, JII is just a fond memory. It will never come back, nor should it! While I constantly hear folks pontificate about what they think "Walt" would do, I don't think anyone would disagree that he always wanted to move forward. He had a great respect of the past but a greater respect for the future. He didn't want Disneyland (or his other projects) to turn into a museum. Sure, I think it's ok to send a few Disney artifacts off to the Smithsonian but I don't want to see CoP suffer as it dies. Close it down. Other folks have said such things as, "...it's a slap in the face to Walt to close down CoP during the 100 year celebration...". That is (swear word deleted) IMO. Well, I think you get the idea. I'll be down to WDW soon and I'll be looking for a beatnik type dressed in black or dark blue (from head to toe) with an artists pad, a pen, pencil or perhaps charcoal and drawing the future.:cool:

Lost Boy

There were three. One is for sale on Ebay. One is safely packed away in a Disney Warehouse next to the Ark of the Covenant, and the third is with a family member at WDI in Burbank, California.

NowInc

Re: Maybe it's a fake!

Originally posted by James
NowInc, far be it from me to question your knowledge of WDW. I was just passing along a quote from the "Disney Babe" (former better half of Jim Hill). I rode the ride many times and (as the panels flipped up) attempted to figure the total number of "Dream Suckers" (as I called them) that were in the ride. My guess was three based upon casual observation. It certainly could have been more. They might have kept "backups" in the attic for all I know. For all of us now, JII is just a fond memory. It will never come back, nor should it! While I constantly hear folks pontificate about what they think "Walt" would do, I don't think anyone would disagree that he always wanted to move forward. He had a great respect of the past but a greater respect for the future. He didn't want Disneyland (or his other projects) to turn into a museum. Sure, I think it's ok to send a few Disney artifacts off to the Smithsonian but I don't want to see CoP suffer as it dies. Close it down. Other folks have said such things as, "...it's a slap in the face to Walt to close down CoP during the 100 year celebration...". That is (swear word deleted) IMO. Well, I think you get the idea. I'll be down to WDW soon and I'll be looking for a beatnik type dressed in black or dark blue (from head to toe) with an artists pad, a pen, pencil or perhaps charcoal and drawing the future.:cool:

LoL...yeah..im not hard to miss ;)

As for the Disneybabe statment...I really dont hold much faith in that only because it is OBVIOUS there is more...I know you are just the messenger...I was just asking if anyone knew where the one in mousegears came from ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom