Food & Wine Suggestions?

dandaman

...That's right, folks. NOT a Photo TR. :lol:

Here's the situation: We'll be down in Florida from Friday, October 5th to Tuesday the 9th. More specifically, we're going to Epcot on Saturday. Now I recently figured it out that the F&W Fest is going on then, and was wondering if anyone could make recommendations on which food to try. (And wine, but that part wouldn't concern me so much as the parents. :lookaroun) Also general crowds around that time of year, though I realize it's impossible to predict. Ballpark figures welcome, folks.

Thanks in advance!

coasterphil

1. Epcot is going to be busy. Everything else shouldn't be bad at all.
2. I'll give you my suggestions after the festival starts and I have a chance to eat everything in those first few days.

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
I always enjoy samples from France, Canada, India and Australia. Well heck China, Mexico and Japan too. Oh gee, they're all interesting! This year they've added Oklahoma - Route 66 and Oklahoma - Native American which sound pretty neat. Have you seen the menu yet? If not try looking here: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw07/fw07b.htm and read before you go to pick out things you want to try :wave:

Edit to add: Yeah, it's usually pretty crowded, but it's worth it.

Upvote 0

Barnabus

Epcot Food and Wine is Excellent. Look forward to it all year.

Here are my faves I remember from last year.

I do not remember the Ginger ice cream being "Caramel Ginger" ice cream but that might just be my memory.

China
Caramel Ginger Ice Cream

France
Quiche au Fromage de Chèvre (Savory Goat Cheese Pastry)

New Zealand
Lamb Slider

Australia
Grilled Lamb Chop with Caramelized Onions

Argentina
Grilled Beef Sirloin with Chimichurri Sauce

Mexico
Quesadilla con Chorizo y Pollo

Canada
Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup

Upvote 0

dandaman

Original Poster
I always enjoy samples from France, Canada, India and Australia. Well heck China, Mexico and Japan too. Oh gee, they're all interesting! This year they've added Oklahoma - Route 66 and Oklahoma - Native American which sound pretty neat. Have you seen the menu yet? If not try looking here: http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ep/fw07/fw07b.htm and read before you go to pick out things you want to try :wave:

*immediately prints menu whilst drooling on good pair of slacks*

I figured it'd be crowded... though I've been in the Magic Kingdom on 12/25 and Epcot on July 4th, so I can't say it'll be be unexpected!

Thanks to everyone else as well for responding.

P.S. SweetMagic, I'm actually flying in to St. Pete Airport on the Friday. Care to be the greeting party around 10:30? :lookaroun

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
*immediately prints menu whilst drooling on good pair of slacks*

I figured it'd be crowded... though I've been in the Magic Kingdom on 12/25 and Epcot on July 4th, so I can't say it'll be be unexpected!

Thanks to everyone else as well for responding.

P.S. SweetMagic, I'm actually flying in to St. Pete Airport on the Friday. Care to be the greeting party around 10:30? :lookaroun

:lol: Flying into St. Pete and not TIA? Huh...interesting. Wish I could be there to great ya but work will not allow that to happen unfortunately. Happy eating to you though, and don't forget to launder those slacks before traveling :animwink:

Upvote 0

dandaman

Original Poster
:lol:

My sister's a freshman at Eckerd; we're taking her to Epcot since she hasn't gone in over a year. (And maybe a little for us, too!) We fly USA3000 since it flies Detroit-St. Pete non-stop, on Tuesdays and Fridays.

(Shameless plug: Have you seen my trip report from last month? :lookaroun)

Thanks again!

Upvote 0

Yanks07

This is year # 7 for us, They open the booths at 11 am and not to many folks go that early. Night time is usually crowded, and weekends are always crowded. Have a ball. Be there 10/26-10/31, Yum! :slurp:

Upvote 0

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Sounds like a good flight plan!

Sorry, but no, I haven't seen your trip report yet, but I will go find it and check it out. I like trip reports, may try to do one myself one day.

Upvote 0

dandaman

Original Poster
This is year # 7 for us, They open the booths at 11 am and not to many folks go that early.

World Showcase opens at 11 if I'm not mistaken... makes sense.

Sounds like a good flight plan!

Sorry, but no, I haven't seen your trip report yet, but I will go find it and check it out. I like trip reports, may try to do one myself one day.

Look in the "Digital Media and Photos" section. I've got many others around there, trust me. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

scpergj

Last year we tried several different things...but all were desert -y (except for my beer...mmmm....beer...). The chocolate Creme Brulee in France was VERY good...the apple strudel with vanilla sauce was good...and the Baklava was really nice.

Don't think you can go wrong with most of it...can't wait until we are there in October!!

Kevin

Upvote 0

Gorjus

Just to toot my own horn here, I'm pretty good at helping people choose their wine choices. What I need to know first is what kind of wine your parents, or anyone in the party tends to enjoy at home. If you are going to a gathering and you need to bring wine, or you are at a restaurant and want to order wine, what kind do you get. Once I know that, I can help guide you through the festival.

I usually bring 15 people, most of them newbies, to the festival and I'm pretty good at guiding them to the correct wines. I'm also pretty good at helping intermediates expand their palete. Shoot, I should work for Disney...oh wait, I already do.

Upvote 0

dandaman

Original Poster
^Generally they enjoy red wines more than white, I believe. As far as Merlots, Chardonnays, etc... I have no idea. :lol:

Upvote 0

ImaYoyo

I'll be at Epcot that Saturday and Monday (the 6th and the 8th) for F&W events. Saturday night we're headed to the Party for the Senses (amazing, DEFINATELY check out if it's not already sold out), and Monday Sam from Top Chef is doing a demo.

Upvote 0

mep517

The Cheddar soup in Canada is not to be missed. It is phenomenal.

I would also recommend going early in the day, especially on a weekend. Some of the lines can get really long.

BTW, I'm completely jealous. DH and I did the Food & Wine Festival 3 years ago and it was one of my favorite WDW trips!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom