Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

disney4life2008

Whenever a thread about vloggers pops up here, you can bet your life savings that this person will pipe up. The horse has been dead for so long that it’s a skeleton, but they keep on beating it.

Or at The Site That Cannot Be Named. They would fit in nicely over there.

You can disagree all you want. But my argument remains.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
1584661336236.png

disney4life2008

But an argument is usually somewhat based in logic. Your points are pure opinion, and you present and defend them as if they are fact, but in a condescending way. And, you mention your opinions every chance you get, over and over. We get it.

So stop responding. Easy. Going to the magic Kingdom recording the same stuff over and over again? Every day? Come on

Raineman

So stop responding. Easy. Going to the magic Kingdom recording the same stuff over and over again? Every day? Come on
If there wasn’t an audience for it, they wouldn’t continue to do it. If they are not doing anything illegal and immoral, and aren’t acting like complete wastes of skin, what’s the problem? There are lots of people posting stuff on YouTube that I think is pure garbage. Do I really care? Nope. I move on, and I don’t constantly complain about them on a public forum.

Animaniac93-98

While watching somebody unbox their latest Wish haul isn't my cup of tea, that doesn't mean its not content that is valued by someone else.

It also doesn't mean said content isn't free from criticism, especially if it's essentially free advertising for a corporate product.

Ariel1986

I’d love to be my own boss, choose my own hours and earn anything from a normal/liveable wage to the crazy high income some vloggers make, filming something I enjoy doing anyway. If they enjoy it and there’s an audience, more power to them.

I find it very strange to be so passionately angry about someone else’s life/job who you don’t even know if it’s not harming any one. Just don’t watch them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I’d love to be my own boss, choose my own hours and earn anything from a normal/liveable wage to the crazy high income some vloggers make, filming something I enjoy doing anyway. If they enjoy it and there’s an audience, more power to them.

I find it very strange to be so passionately angry about someone else’s life/job who you don’t even know if it’s not harming any one. Just don’t watch them.

"be my own boss, choose my own hours and earn anything from a normal/liveable wage to the crazy high income some vloggers make, filming something I enjoy doing anyway"

or

"sit in a cubicle 40+ hours a week working for a company that will lay you off without a second thought if things start looking bad"

Who's the bigger loser here? ;)

mergatroid

It's not an attitude. It's the truth. They have nothing better to do. Sorry.

Somewhere in the world there's somebody looking at your life thinking "You know that 'disney4life2008', he/she posts on an internet forum about Disney, repeatedly showing they can't spell loser, talking about rides in Disney, to strangers they don't know. Saying the same thing over and over about other people they don't know, about what they do with their time and how much money those strangers make talking about Disney compared to themselves. What complete half wit would spend their valuable time doing that, whilst criticising others for doing similar. Plus he/she doesn't make any money talking about Disney online, whereas those they keep complaining about and incorrectly calling loosers instead of losers, make money from doing so?"

I'd love to know what you do in life that's so important and valuable that you feel the need to constantly put down others whilst making out you're better than them? My dad for instance was a professor teaching at a University encouraging and helping students to go out in the world and make life changing differences to people's lives. My Step mum was involved in nursing, saving countless lives whilst my actual mum worked with children with severe learning disabilities to help them be the best they could be. And yet the one thing about those mentioned above, they didn't judge others based on how much money they made or how they spent their time believing that they were better than them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of speech and have no problem with people being critical about vloggers content etc. You do seem unhealthily obsessed with them though, almost as if there's a hidden jealousy bubbling just under the surface.

Last edited:

Giss Neric

I watched a few of them for about a year and then it got really old. At first it was fun to watch every day people go to the theme parks because it was relatable. It was fun to see the park updates and LTO snacks and offerings that I don't get to experience often as a non-local.

But as vloggers get more popular, they always less genuine. When they start getting paid just for making their videos and continuously get free tickets to experiences then their videos become big commercials and their park experiences are no longer relatable. It took the fun out of it for me. Good for them for financially gaining from it but I can no longer trust what they have to say because their intention is for profits and free experiences at that point. If you can see past that or enjoy living vicariously through them, that's cool. I can see the marketing plan behind it and it ruins it for me lol.

Not to mention watching someone go to the same parks all the time got really bland. They're fun parks, obviously, but seeing them through another person eventually felt very unnecessary. I'd rather just go in person and experience it for myself. But to each their own. I tried vlogging for 6 months (including some local theme parks and a trip to Disneyland) and there were some very fun parts to it but none of it is genuine. You're editing yourself so of course you're showing only what you want to show vs. the full/true picture. It felt fake to me and I recognize that in other vlogs.
There is a demographic of people who lives vicariously through these vloggers. Maybe they miss the parks and can't go to the parks anytime soon.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Somewhere in the world there's somebody looking at your life thinking "You know that 'disney4life2008', he/she posts on an internet forum about Disney, repeatedly showing they can't spell loser, talking about rides in Disney, to strangers they don't know. Saying the same thing over and over about other people they don't know, about what they do with their time and how much money those strangers make talking about Disney compared to themselves. What complete half wit would spend their valuable time doing that, whilst criticising others for doing similar. Plus he/she doesn't make any money talking about Disney online, whereas those they keep complaining about and incorrectly calling loosers instead of losers, make money from doing so?"

I'd love to know what you do in life that's so important and valuable that you feel the need to constantly put down others whilst making out you're better than them? My dad for instance was a professor teaching at a University encouraging and helping students to go out in the world and make life changing differences to people's lives. My Step mum was involved in nursing, saving countless lives whilst my actual mum worked with children with severe learning disabilities to help them be the best they could be. And yet the one thing about those mentioned above, they didn't judge others based on how much money they made or how they spent their time believing that they were better than them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for freedom of speech and have no problem with people being critical about vloggers content etc. You do seem unhealthily obsessed with them though, almost as if there's a hidden jealousy bubbling just under the surface.

Based on his/her signature line, he/she has a Doctorate in Philosophy. Probably just jealous of other people who made a better career choice. ;)

disney4life2008

LOL nice try. I am making a strong critical argument that they are pathetic! Period! I have a real job and make excellent money.

jme

It also doesn't mean said content isn't free from criticism, especially if it's essentially free advertising for a corporate product.
I wasn't advocating that we not criticize anything or anyone.
Heck, I'm a fan of TheTimTracker amongst others, but I still criticize their content from time to time.

But, I do think broad generalizations ("pathetic losers", etc.) about any group of people, Disney World Vloggers included, is lazy criticism at best. (Note: For clarity, I'm not necessarily referring to you specifically)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom