Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Phil12

Yup, and they have a rabid enough stan base to come to their defense when even the most mild of criticism takes place.
Actually, that a serious problem for them. YouTube metrics don't like narrow and rabid fan groups. They're more interested in growing the base organically by word of mouth. Unfortunately the Trackers often buy their subscribers.

I'll share a story that was told to me by a friend. Her 70 year old mother was ill and bedridden with the flu. To help pass the time, my friend bought her mother a new smart TV and set up subscriptions to DisneyPlus, NetFlix, Hulu and some other services. She also set up YouTube with some travel vloggers.

A day later she walked into her mother's room and found her watching The Tim Tracker. She asked her Mom how she found the Tim Tracker and her mother said, "I don't know, the app went there on it's own."

She checked the suggested link list and it was full of Tracker videos. They had obviously paid for an ad campaign to run their videos. I suppose it makes good business sense but I tend to block such content. I never watch YouTube via a TV or smart phone. I instead watch YouTube via a good browser with add-ons that allow me to block ads and control the content.

mergatroid

She checked the suggested link list and it was full of Tracker videos. They had obviously paid for an ad campaign to run their videos. I suppose it makes good business sense but I tend to block such content. I never watch YouTube via a TV or smart phone. I instead watch YouTube via a good browser with add-ons that allow me to block ads and control the content.

Are you sure about that (I didn't even know that was possible, let alone done by the Trackers) ???

Phil12

Are you sure about that (I didn't even know that was possible, let alone done by the Trackers) ???
According to Social Blade, their monthly gained video views have significantly decreased since October, 2019 from 10,244,850 million views to 5,394,568 million views and their monthly gained subscribers have also decreased since June, 2019 from 19,138 to 5,000. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/thetimtracker

Therefore to help boost business they're most likely buying both views and subscribers to improve their analytics and help protect their income since this drop is steeper than what they've experienced in the previous two years.

Animaniac93-98

And I agree with your points too, why should they change how they live to please everyone. However if they don't want the extra stress of possibly unfair criticism, they might be better doing what they like but being a bit smarter by not sharing certain aspects of it in their videos such as spending thousands on the sweater. Tim's done nothing whatsoever wrong buying the article but by choosing to show that to everyone, he's kind of made himself an easy target for those looking for reasons to criticise him or them.

They've been at this for years. They know their medium, and they know their audience.

If they do or say something stupid on YouTube, that's on them, not the viewers.

There are other YouTube channels for people who want to know about expensive trends, clothes, makeup whatever.

Their "job" is covering Disney. Not their personal spending sprees. That's (presumably) not why people follow them.

mergatroid

Their "job" is covering Disney. Not their personal spending sprees. That's (presumably) not why people follow them.

To be fair they started out with nothing to do with Disney or Universal in their early vlogs, just chatting to the camera in the house/car and messing around. They still do vlogs that have no connection with Disney or Uni however since they've started being comped tickets for special events they've done more park ones recently.

I wouldn't say it's their job to do Disney, but I kind of see what you're saying. For instance if I see a title 'chilling at the house & Walmart', I'm unlikely to watch it.

mergatroid

According to Social Blade, their monthly gained video views have significantly decreased since October, 2019 from 10,244,850 million views to 5,394,568 million views and their monthly gained subscribers have also decreased since June, 2019 from 19,138 to 5,000. https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/thetimtracker

Therefore to help boost business they're most likely buying both views and subscribers to improve their analytics and help protect their income since this drop is steeper than what they've experienced in the previous two years.

Maybe I'm stupid here but how do you buy subscribers? I'm assuming the more subscribers/views/comments a video gets, the more youtube pays you for your content? If that's the case who do you buy subscribers from?

Surely it can't be from youtube themselves? If they're selling subscribers but then have to pay the person who's bought the subscribers from them more, what's the point? Surely one of the two parties would lose out so why would either do it?

Phil12

Maybe I'm stupid here but how do you buy subscribers? I'm assuming the more subscribers/views/comments a video gets, the more youtube pays you for your content? If that's the case who do you buy subscribers from?

Surely it can't be from youtube themselves? If they're selling subscribers but then have to pay the person who's bought the subscribers from them more, what's the point? Surely one of the two parties would lose out so why would either do it?
There are myriad ways to buy views and subscribers. There are companies that specialize in that service. Just do a Google search and you'll find all the information you need. As I mentioned in a previous post, some YouTube folks also pay for placement (P4P) so their videos will show up in suggested link lists. It's all about getting those clicks because those clicks turn into money!

And yes, Google is more than happy to sell views, subscribers, placement and advertising to anyone. Alphabet Inc. is one of the most valuable companies in the world for a reason.

dewardevi

My curiosity is about vloggers’ business arrangements. Are they incorporated? Do they have business licenses? When fans are throwing money at them, is someone keeping an accurate account? Do they report the income and pay income taxes? Are they insured?

SirWillow

My curiosity is about vloggers’ business arrangements. Are they incorporated? Do they have business licenses? When fans are throwing money at them, is someone keeping an accurate account? Do they report the income and pay income taxes? Are they insured?

Some are incorporated. Not all are- safe to say the vast majority aren't. Business license is a local business law and doesn't apply to something like youtube since it's not a "local business" Tax wise it's considered a private business, and yes, taxes have to be paid on income. Youtube/ Google does report what is paid out to the IRS on a 1099 tax form. So does Patreon when it's over a certain level and you are required to claim it whether or not you get the form from them.

so yes, you have to claim and file income taxes on it, just like you would any other private business.

Insurance generally isn't needed since it's not a business without employees, except maybe in the case of the largest youtubers, which amount to less than 1% of all of those producing videos.

And to once again state a commonly held misconception- it's about 10-20% of all youtubers make any sort of money off of their videos, and the vast majority of those are going to be less than $100/ month. It's less than 5%, and I've seen numbers closer to 1%, that can make more than $1000/ month, and it's that minute number that would actually have the funds to hire employees, at which point incorporation, insurance, etc are even a consideration. Making money on Youtube, especially of any "real" amount is not an easy thing to do.

TrainsOfDisney

You could ask the same thing about the owner(s) of this site.

Phil12

Last edited:

SirWillow

Her going daily had a huge impact in how many views, and how much money, she made. She made close to 3 times what I typically do, publishing 2 videos a week. You can see that in the significant spike that she has for that month.

I wish she hadn't blocked out her cpm numbers as well, because she has to have an extremely high one. Her six month total for the number of subs that she has is extremely high, and she did a good bit better than I did, with quite a few more subs and views, over the same time period.

But then money from ad revenue will also vary from channel to channel, based on what the subjects are, what kinds of ads can be placed on them, length of videos, and other factors.

Just be aware- the vast majority of youtubers even at her size aren't pulling those kinds of numbers. She's doing very, very well.

Giss Neric

All the Florida vloggers now are either squeezing every little theme park content left that they have filmed, doing home/life vlogs, or visiting other places not theme park related. Some are even re-uploading their most viewed vlogs again. It's interesting seeing how they cope up.

I think only Tim and Jenn Tracker are the only ones not worried cause they do have non-theme park audiences that do watch them for their personal vlogs and now even more with a baby.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom