Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

note2001

passport to the parks posts all kinds of construction updates and stuff, I think his name is Rob, he's a good follow.
I like Rob very much. He just meanders about, chatting in a normal tone. His videos are very calming to the point that I've used his recent ones as background sounds to distract me from my tinnitus.

All these vloggers are just like us, not inside sources or experts, so I often have to remind myself take what I hear with a grain of salt. He had one video up that I was chuckling hard at all the misinformation in it. Laughter is good for the soul and it was a small relief from those who try to be perfect which I find to be a little anxiety producing. It felt a bit like I was walking around with my own mom and dad.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Nailed it. I don't understand the fascination with these "stars" nor do I have time to watch their videos.

I don't think it's fair to characterize them all that way. Yes, I am sure some do it because they want to feel like a star, but others are very down to earth, Resort TV1 for example, and do it just because they like to share the parks with others. I watch the live streams because it allows me to "virtually" visit the parks between actual visits, and I watch their other videos to learn things about the parks I might not have known. I like the Resort TV1 people so much that I actually hung out with them in Magic Kingdom one night while they did their stream, it was a lot of fun.

Last edited:

mergatroid

Resort TV is fine. It's the so-called "celebrities" that I can't stomach. The Trackers, Tom, Fronk from the Junkies group, Chip, etc etc. They throw their status around and I refuse to give them clicks.

I'm intrigued by this, how do you mean? Do you imagine them getting stopped by the police for speeding and saying to the cop something like "Are you a youtube viewer, do you know who I am"

Last edited:

note2001

It's the so-called "celebrities" that I can't stomach. The Trackers, Tom, Fronk from the Junkies group, Chip, etc etc.

I don't know who most of those guys you have listed are (Although I think Fronk might be the guy with the hair that is so self centered?). Wow - guess I'm out of it. 🤣 That a good thing?

It Is What It Is

Agreed that some of these Vloggers can be a little full of themselves, but is that any different than Hollywood? Not a fan of Tom Cruise, but he still puts out a good movie.

Favorite Ten Disney Vloggers and News Channels:

DFBGuide (Disney Food Blog)
DSNY Newscast
Michael Kay
The Tim Tracker
Rob Plays (Two channels - 1 Indepth History & 2 Rob Plays Adventure Co - vlog)
The Wdw Couple
Fresh Baked Presents (More of a Disneyland presence, sister channel Fresh Baked WDW)
WDW News
Mickey Views
DIS Unplugged

What would your 10 be?

dizdrew

All these vloggers get rich of all the people watching their videos. Tim Tracker puts out 5 videos a week, each getting a million views. He is probably making 5-10 grand a month. Plus, they set up a PO Box and people actually send them gifts. Coffee machines, shirts, trading pins, etc etc. Then, because they unofficially advertise for the parks, Sea World and Universal get them into their parks for special events. I wish I lived in Florida and could make money by going to parks everyday.
You are kidding! No wonder everyone and their mother is trying to be a vlogger!

SirWillow

You are kidding! No wonder everyone and their mother is trying to be a vlogger!

Before you go jumping on that "I'll be a vlogger and get rich easy" bandwagon, just stop and realize it doesn't work that way. The Trackers, for instance, have been creating videos for over 10 years, with a lot of effort, investment, learning, time, and hard work over those years. That's true of just about every vlogger out there worth watching- lots of hard work, often over several years, with lots of investment in time, equipment, promotion, contacts, and more.

there are reasons why 99% of youtube channels never come close to 1000 subscribers, and that's where you should expect to be. Even with my minor, mildly successful channel it's been a ton of work over the last 3 years to get where I am, and that's doing it on the side, learning a ton along the way, and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't love and enjoy it (which is also pretty much true of all of those others as well)

legwand77

If he's making big money like that then it's strange he's taking money from people on his live vlogs from home? A few years back he was saying they didn't sell merchandise etc as they felt it was like begging. Shortly after he said their house was infested with termites (or similar) and it would cost about $2,000 to have it treated so they were selling merchandise to pay for it as it was so expensive. Now on their live vlogs they have the amount options up top that you can click to donate on. The other week one viewer donated $500 in one go and they're regularly having $5 donated from various people seemingly every few minutes.

It's completely legal and up to folk what they do with their money, but if he's making all that money from youtube it's strange he's trawling for 'donations' on top especially as he was morally opposed to it not too long ago?

Their subscribers and views have gone up exponentially from two years ago. It was a side job then, Vlogging is a full-fledged business for them now. How is it strange for them to make money for providing entertainment and info. It is their job and they work very very hard for it. Posting a video every day is hard work. with 600K+ subs they are moving into the range of 10-15,000 a week just in ads. Not counting in all comped trips/cruises, merch sales, live chat revenue. There is a reason Universal and Disney comps them on everything now and the Waldorf Astoria comped them two nights and meals in a suite a few weeks ago and they are in the latest Universal Studios commercial.

KBLovedDisney

It's entertainment. We normally pay for entertainment, whether it be subscriptions to music stations, movie stuffs, etc. The Tracker's are entertainers. They are doing a good job at what they do. Honestly, IMHO, if Disney ever came back with those movie length long Vacation Videos, I say the Tracker's should collab with Resort TV 1.
(Disney, listen to me! Do this!)

Ok ok, wishful thinking but can't you just picture it?

*** Dream Sequence ***

"Hi, we are the Tracker's!"

"And We are Resort TV1 and we are going to show you around Walt Disney World."

Tim: "We are going to be showing you some great places to shop and dine here at the Magic Kingdom."

[Camera change to Resort TV 1 in Epcot]

Josh: "And we are going to be showing you around Epcot along with World Showcase as well as a ride around on the monorail to show you some of the connecting hotels that are here right on Disney property."

mergatroid

Their subscribers and views have gone up exponentially from two years ago. It was a side job then, Vlogging is a full-fledged business for them now. How is it strange for them to make money for providing entertainment and info. It is their job and they work very very hard for it. Posting a video every day is hard work. with 600K+ subs they are moving into the range of 10-15,000 a week just in ads. Not counting in all comped trips/cruises, merch sales, live chat revenue. There is a reason Universal and Disney comps them on everything now and the Waldorf Astoria comped them two nights and meals in a suite a few weeks ago and they are in the latest Universal Studios commercial.

They still do their monthly live vlogs where they turn on the donation option. They're not doing anything 'wrong' but I find it strange that they were morally opposed to it a while back but not now? If they're clearing $10-15,000 a week just in ads it's strange that they still have chat donations (that they were morally opposed to) as they clearly no longer need them. The other week on their live vlog as the money was rolling in Jenn actually said "We won't do patreon as we don't want to take money off you guys as we don't need it".

They're breaking no rules and II enjoy much of their content. If they hadn't made such a point of claiming the moral high ground in the past, then it wouldn't seem as strange to me. Anyhow I won't post about them any more as I've said enough about them and don't want to come across as a hater.

legwand77

They are just trying to figure it out I imagine. The "donation" in the live chat is not charity. With live chat the "donation" feature is pretty much automatic at their level of subscribers as they are a youtube partner, and more a tool to make the chats work. It helps them in being able to respond. In that live chat Jenn constantly said you don't have to donate etc. etc. The moral high ground is just a remnant of the transition from amateur vloggers to having a huge audience. They are trying to stay humble but it is now a business for them, a fine line to walk. They had to shut down their PO box because it got too hard to handle. Once they hit a 1M subscriber's things will get interesting, they will have to hire someone to manage things for them.

The biggest issue they will have now is staying relative to their audience, as they are getting wined and dined by corporate and doing things the average viewer will never be able to do. It has been fascinating watching their growth.

legwand77

It's entertainment. We normally pay for entertainment, whether it be subscriptions to music stations, movie stuffs, etc. The Tracker's are entertainers. They are doing a good job at what they do. Honestly, IMHO, if Disney ever came back with those movie length long Vacation Videos, I say the Tracker's should collab with Resort TV 1.
(Disney, listen to me! Do this!)

Ok ok, wishful thinking but can't you just picture it?

*** Dream Sequence ***

"Hi, we are the Tracker's!"

"And We are Resort TV1 and we are going to show you around Walt Disney World."

Tim: "We are going to be showing you some great places to shop and dine here at the Magic Kingdom."

[Camera change to Resort TV 1 in Epcot]

Josh: "And we are going to be showing you around Epcot along with World Showcase as well as a ride around on the monorail to show you some of the connecting hotels that are here right on Disney property."

Disney doesn't need to do that though, they are already essentially now doing it for free

Indy_UK

I'm done with the Trackers. They're obviously struggling to make videos and today's of blending Disney food like Turkey legs, Mickey bars and cake together was the end for me.

KBLovedDisney

I'm done with the Trackers. They're obviously struggling to make videos and today's of blending Disney food like Turkey legs, Mickey bars and cake together was the end for me.
But it is (or was) a trend on Youtube, blend everything you like together to make something new.

Safiya - blended all her candles from Bath and Body Words, in the past blended her makeups in different ways

SimplyNailogical - blended all of her holo polishes, teas, nail powders

But you get my point. It is just a trend, maybe a little late on that trend but still a trend otherwise.

(And now you all know what I watch on YouTube....):facepalm:

Jewels0621

Agreed that some of these Vloggers can be a little full of themselves, but is that any different than Hollywood? Not a fan of Tom Cruise, but he still puts out a good movie.

Favorite Ten Disney Vloggers and News Channels:

DFBGuide (Disney Food Blog)
DSNY Newscast
Michael Kay
The Tim Tracker
Rob Plays (Two channels - 1 Indepth History & 2 Rob Plays Adventure Co - vlog)
The Wdw Couple
Fresh Baked Presents (More of a Disneyland presence, sister channel Fresh Baked WDW)
WDW News
Mickey Views
DIS Unplugged

What would your 10 be?
I would add Ivy Winter

Jewels0621

But it is (or was) a trend on Youtube, blend everything you like together to make something new.

Safiya - blended all her candles from Bath and Body Words, in the past blended her makeups in different ways

SimplyNailogical - blended all of her holo polishes, teas, nail powders

But you get my point. It is just a trend, maybe a little late on that trend but still a trend otherwise.

(And now you all know what I watch on YouTube....):facepalm:
Now that Jenn is pregnant they may need to back on some of their going out videos, so they will have to get creative, do more home videos, and more of just Tim. I love their videos and look forward to virtually meeting their little one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom