Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

KBLovedDisney

I was a Tim & Jenn fan until about 1/2 year back when something just wasn't feeling right about their vlogs. I can't say for sure what it was, but it bothered me enough to stop watching them all together.

Justin is an entertainer for sure. Seems to be made for it and knows how to script out a story before filming. I think he would benefit by toning down the parts where it sounds like he's mimicking Adam the Woo though. Doesn't really suit him at all.

And I agree with you 100% on Adam being annoying. I can't deal with a 50 year old man acting like he's missing being 10 all the time. Ironic that he is the reason Justin started vlogging full time.
Was it a certain video Tim posted? I've only seen a few of his videos so far.

KBLovedDisney

You can generally tell those within the first 2 minutes when they post an interesting title to their vlog, then spend the first several minutes rattling on about some uninteresting minutiae about themselves or something other than the purported topic. An example pertinent to this discussion would be a vlogger who titled their post "Shocking Encounter with Goofy at WDW," then proceeded to spend 5 minutes of "talking head" about their car troubles.
Clickbait. I hate it.

note2001

Eh, when they first started out it was great for me, but then they got sponsored....

I'm sorry, their Disney footage is great but if you watch the live stuff, they talk constantly and it's mostly thanking their sponsors.
Regarding ResortTV1, yes they do talk a lot. He's explained that the reason for it is to talk over the possibly copyrighted music and keep strikes down on his channel. I believe youtube has a three strikes & you're out policy. I found the talking to be most annoying at the start of his videos as he greets everyone, so I join in later. (Turning the sound off also helps)
On the sponsorship bit: although he keeps saying otherwise, it's obvious he's there simply to make money. Then again, so are the rest of the Disney vloggers. I can't name a single one who isn't trying to make it a full time career. ;)

Was it a certain video Tim posted? I've only seen a few of his videos so far.
It's been so long since I watched Tim & Jenn I can't tell you anymore if it was one certian video that pushed the feeling over the edge. I'm happier for having stopped watching them, but wish them well in their career.

My YouTube video go to is nail art bloggers...well one in particular who may or may not have a drink slave. HOLO!!;)
Me too. I'm addicted to Naio nails.

Last edited:

nelsonj3

Regarding ResortTV1, yes they do talk a lot. He's explained that the reason for it is to talk over the possibly copyrighted music and keep strikes down on his channel. I believe youtube has a three strikes & you're out policy. I found the talking to be most annoying at the start of his videos as he greets everyone, so I join in later. (Turning the sound off also helps)
On the sponsorship bit: although he keeps saying otherwise, it's obvious he's there simply to make money. Then again, so are the rest of the Disney vloggers. I can't name a single one who isn't trying to make it a full time career. ;)

It's been so long since I watched Tim & Jenn I can't tell you anymore if it was one certian video that pushed the feeling over the edge. I'm happier for having stopped watching them, but wish them well in their career.

Me too. I'm addicted to Naio nails.

I've actually been thinking about not doing the "roll call" at the beginning as much and just saying hello to everyone as they join. When I watch it back, it's a little overwhelming for sure. LOL (We actually do watch our streams back to try to improve).

Eh, when they first started out it was great for me, but then they got sponsored....

I'm sorry, their Disney footage is great but if you watch the live stuff, they talk constantly and it's mostly thanking their sponsors.

As far as thanking sponsors, we only do three shout outs per live stream for sponsors. It's usually a three hour stream, so that's once per hour. I've been trying to keep the length of sponsor time down a bit.

We do try not to chat during shows or rides, but I know we could also take more breaks during the stream to let it breathe a bit. When I watch it back, it is a little much, and when we do vlogs, the narration pace is certainly calmer.

KBLovedDisney

We do try not to chat during shows or rides, but I know we could also take more breaks during the stream to let it breathe a bit. When I watch it back, it is a little much, and when we do vlogs, the narration pace is certainly calmer.
Sorry dude! Didn't mean to dis you guys like that. :depressed:

nelsonj3

Sorry dude! Didn't mean to dis you guys like that. :depressed:
No worries at all! I didn’t take offense at all. I like reading honest opinions like yours, and you didn’t attack us personally at all, just stated an opinion, so it’s totally ok! :). Thank you for your response, and I didn’t take it as a dis at all. :)

note2001

I could never do a vlog. Like most creative ventures in my life - the second I get sponsorship, I panic and drop the ball. Womp-womp.
That's where the tequila shot before the vlog helps out. :p Reduces anxiety.
Also, ever notice how you're more creative in the evenings? (frontal cortex goes to bed early). Essentially the same effect as the tequila shot, without the alcohol.

nelsonj3

That's where the tequila shot before the vlog helps out. :p Reduces anxiety.
Also, ever notice how you're more creative in the evenings? (frontal cortex goes to bed early). Essentially the same effect as the tequila shot, without the alcohol.
Oh geez... If I ever did a shot before a live stream, we'd be in trouble! LOL. Not sure if it would slow me down or just make me loopy... lol.

mergatroid

I told my kids when we go, "learn to use a camera and get me that money" lol.

I looked last year and tried to guess what he makes, by looking at the views and I had it around 50K or more per month. I think it is more now definitely. My son asked me 2 weeks ago if we can watch a new video tracker posted, 4 hours after it was posted, 80K views. At .02 view, 1600 for just one video, in just 4 hours after posted. Now that video is nearly a half a million views. 9 grand for just one video.

I am not faulting him in anyway. I do like his videos. I am in awe at the money these people bring in.

If he's making big money like that then it's strange he's taking money from people on his live vlogs from home? A few years back he was saying they didn't sell merchandise etc as they felt it was like begging. Shortly after he said their house was infested with termites (or similar) and it would cost about $2,000 to have it treated so they were selling merchandise to pay for it as it was so expensive. Now on their live vlogs they have the amount options up top that you can click to donate on. The other week one viewer donated $500 in one go and they're regularly having $5 donated from various people seemingly every few minutes.

It's completely legal and up to folk what they do with their money, but if he's making all that money from youtube it's strange he's trawling for 'donations' on top especially as he was morally opposed to it not too long ago?

I absolutely love the Disunplugged videos, especially the dining reviews. They are very honest, unlike some that will tell you everything is excellent. A definite mix of personalities there.

Love the dis unplugged too. I was at Epcot for opening day of flower and garden this year and I saw a few of them bouncing around world showcase.

I'm also a huge justin scarred fan. He's hilarious and his disney history knowledge is absolutely unmatched.

Tim tracker is good at just being more of a vlogger and less an entertainer, which is fine, but at times I get bored if he's just at Target or whatever.

Adam the woo is pretty funny as well.

WDW couple are excellent.

All of the production quality I'm seeing for these people is off the charts amazing.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Vlogs are for people who either (a) don't have a life and live vicariously through other peoples' lives, or (b) want to find out interesting things other people do for various reasons. The vloggers themselves are motivated by (c) narcissism, ego, and/or talent, and/or (d) ad revenue from building up a huge following of people who watch for reasons (a) or (b). Those who encourage you to subscribe and like are doing just that.

Nailed it. I don't understand the fascination with these "stars" nor do I have time to watch their videos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom