Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Indy_UK

Did anyone see the reboot then? Dis....Unlimited? oof

It was Bad

Still Skyping from their homes, talking over each other and being a total snore fest. They obviously don't want to talk about what's happened and are just going to try and push on regardless.

I think they're going to be left behind

nickys

Premium Member

It was Bad

Still Skyping from their homes, talking over each other and being a total snore fest. They obviously don't want to talk about what's happened and are just going to try and push on regardless.

I haven’t seen it yet.

But Corey has already explained that they don’t have a studio anymore and decided the best option was to do it remotely for now rather than not do it at all.

I think each of them has spoken about what has happened, whether on screen or online, as far as they feel comfortable to do so. No one except them have any idea what kind of abuse and the extent of it that they suffered from PW. And they have the right to deal with it in their own way.

But they want to reboot the DIS podcast. It wouldn’t surprise me if well over half the audience has no idea about what happened. Just as Disney fans on this forum and others make up a very small number of Disney fans overall, the same is true of podcasts.

In doing so I’m sure they are well aware that they will lose some former viewers, like you I assume, but many others will be delighted to see them back. And I’m speaking as someone who is an occasional viewer, I don’t avidly follow any vlogger although I enjoy several from time to time.

Figgy1

Premium Member

It was Bad

I didn't see it, I have no intention of seeing it, it may have been awful but they not be legally able to talk about what happened as there is still ongoing litigation. I'm not sure if holding what can be discussed against the employees is fair. imho calling out the show for being awful is fair game

Marionnette

It was Bad

I watched the whole thing live and kept hoping that it would be better than its previous incarnation. Unfortunately, it didn't spark my interest until Ryno was talking about the child who is battling pediatric brain cancer for the third time and how ordinary guests and CMs made magical moments for him and his brother during their WDW visit. It was all organic and wasn't something that I had read about elsewhere.

And then the podcast went downhill from there. The video conference style just isn't appealing to me. Too much interrupting and talking over each other, as you pointed out. Poor sound quality in some cases. I think they spent more energy on creating the new logo and intro music than they did on the format for the show. I was looking for a fresh, new start and it missed the mark. I won't be subscribing, smashing the like button or sharing it with my friends.

Disstevefan1

I haven’t seen it yet.

But Corey has already explained that they don’t have a studio anymore and decided the best option was to do it remotely for now rather than not do it at all.

I think each of them has spoken about what has happened, whether on screen or online, as far as they feel comfortable to do so. No one except them have any idea what kind of abuse and the extent of it that they suffered from PW. And they have the right to deal with it in their own way.

But they want to reboot the DIS podcast. It wouldn’t surprise me if well over half the audience has no idea about what happened. Just as Disney fans on this forum and others make up a very small number of Disney fans overall, the same is true of podcasts.

In doing so I’m sure they are well aware that they will lose some former viewers, like you I assume, but many others will be delighted to see them back. And I’m speaking as someone who is an occasional viewer, I don’t avidly follow any vlogger although I enjoy several from time to time.
The public will never know how much the viewership suffered, but I suspect most of the folks watching the Youtube are also on the DISboards and we all know the information is out there.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I watched up until Ryno's story on the cancer patient. Everything I saw was pretty normal and like the old show. I don't care if they're in a studio or on video, they were all the same as they would be in person. People spoke over others all the time in studio, it wasn't any different.

They addressed some parts of the past without specifics. Craig mentioned past difficulties, again without specifics that people are not owed details. He also said the show is now a out "all of us" instead of "one of us." Shot fired. He also addressed not having a studio saying they haven't found a space that works. But they really don't need one as plenty of great Disney podcasts are produces with remote hosts.

I understand that John, Kevin, and Corey were there as a united front, but overall it was a weak lineup. I like each but other than sometimes John, as speakers most don't have much to add these days compared to 10 years ago. Craig's not himself around the bosses and Ryno had flashes but still seemed self censored, for lack of better phrasing.

They need some new voices, specifically people that can carry conversations naturally. My favorite podcasts have hosts that can ramble, rant, and share interesting anecdotes and stories. A loose script is fine but these shows are best when they're more conversational.

Phil12

Maybe half a century ago. Anymore it’s a way to collect art. At least tattoos are. Makeup is intentional body modification but that’s widely accepted.

Also, in the context the previous poster used they implied tattoos not to relate to bad decisions but more to the idea of masculinity and traditional male roles/hiding of emotions to achieve said ideation.
1696467465666.jpeg

I rest my case.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO there are plenty of youtuber personas that are quite superficial and carefully curated solely for thier marketability. Plenty of mea culpas and back peddling when they are caught expressing or displaying unpleasant ideas anything to continue fueling their revenue stream. It's all about ratings.

Indy_UK

I didn't see it, I have no intention of seeing it, it may have been awful but they not be legally able to talk about what happened as there is still ongoing litigation. I'm not sure if holding what can be discussed against the employees is fair. imho calling out the show for being awful is fair game

I totally get that they Legally probably can't talk about Pete and I wasn't expecting them too.

I watched again and I actually find their arrogance quite annoying. It was obvious Keven didn't want to be there. John was only there to make sure DUT got mentioned and give a false perception of a united front but the lack of preparation is shocking. Personally I think they need to shut it down and Craig, Ryno & Erika find real jobs because their lack of personalities isn't going to help compared to what else is out there.

Marionnette

So, I'm watching a YouTube video featuring a young guy and a woman who are reviewing the new menu items at AK. Okay. The guy is eye candy. And the two play off of each other well. But if you're going to be someone who is reviewing food, don't roll your eyes, make a face and shake your head even before you sample the food. My 2-year-old granddaughter might do that, but she's two and we're still working on expanding her food pallette.

In addition, do your homework! If you're going to review an harissa chicken salad wrap, for heaven's sake take the time to Google "harissa" beforehand so that you can explain to your audience what it is! If you have an antipasti salad, give your viewers a rundown of what's in it. Were you really surprised that what you thought was a potato was really an artichoke (not "antichoke")? And there's no need to spend time reviewing a run-of-the-mill garden salad with Ken's Italian dressing! Just mention that it's included with your entrée and move on.

I understand that these are not professional food critics or gourmet chefs on vacation. But if all that I'm getting from your 1+ hour-long video is - Here's a picture. Now I'm going to try it. I liked it or didn't like it - then you wasted my time and your money.

Okay rant over. This is what happens on a rainy fall Saturday when Penn State isn't playing until 3:30.

Indy_UK

So, I'm watching a YouTube video featuring a young guy and a woman who are reviewing the new menu items at AK. Okay. The guy is eye candy. And the two play off of each other well. But if you're going to be someone who is reviewing food, don't roll your eyes, make a face and shake your head even before you sample the food. My 2-year-old granddaughter might do that, but she's two and we're still working on expanding her food pallette.

In addition, do your homework! If you're going to review an harissa chicken salad wrap, for heaven's sake take the time to Google "harissa" beforehand so that you can explain to your audience what it is! If you have an antipasti salad, give your viewers a rundown of what's in it. Were you really surprised that what you thought was a potato was really an artichoke (not "antichoke")? And there's no need to spend time reviewing a run-of-the-mill garden salad with Ken's Italian dressing! Just mention that it's included with your entrée and move on.

I understand that these are not professional food critics or gourmet chefs on vacation. But if all that I'm getting from your 1+ hour-long video is - Here's a picture. Now I'm going to try it. I liked it or didn't like it - then you wasted my time and your money.

Okay rant over. This is what happens on a rainy fall Saturday when Penn State isn't playing until 3:30.

Name the channel, I’m always looking for eye candy In my Disney videos 😝

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes

The video with girl with the forehead?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom