Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I don't watch the videos, but her food reviews were crucial to planning my trip. She and her team were the only reviewers I could find that could stay unbiased about Disney food (mostly). I do wish she would go back to just reporting on food, though. All of the merch and general news updates have clogged up the site.

In defense of DFB, the food offerings have been reduced in WDW and non-existent in DLR as they've been closed so there hasn't been much that could be considered new content, so they've branched out a bit to keep revenue coming in. Bills have to be paid.

WDW_Emily

I did find a couple who are like Tim and Jenn tracker were before they went down the "anything for a buck" route. "Young at the Parks" by Kelly and Joe Young. A smaller group of subscribers, but they put the effort in to cover the Orlando area and the occasional Disney cruise. Check them out.
I'm going to check them out! I used to love Tim and Jenn Tracker but they are slowly moving off my must-watch list. I also really like Molly from All-Ears.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
They put out waaaaaay too many videos, but I enjoy the weekly news updates that come out Saturday afternoons.

I know people have a love/hate thing with Pete Werner and that crew, but I really like their DVC content.

Pete and his crew do their content to support their business which is quite different than doing it as their business. Content that is generated as the authors are being directly compensated provides a questionable narrative. You get the speaking points that the marketing departments want, but not necessarily an objective one.

Vlogger INC. You can see over time how some have changed as their compensation evolved from a hobby to their profession.

Shouldigo12

In defense of DFB, the food offerings have been reduced in WDW and non-existent in DLR as they've been closed so there hasn't been much that could be considered new content, so they've branched out a bit to keep revenue coming in. Bills have to be paid.
True, but they were doing a lot of merchandise and news updates before the pandemic, they just increased this past year. Even before 2020 I was wishing they would "go back to the basics", so to speak. A lot of people seem to like those posts though, so I can't really blame her for doing them.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think you might enjoy "Florida Resident Edits" which uses the content of the Florida Vloggers to point out how absurd they can get chasing the dollars.
Ooh I will check that out! My sister and I were talking about how much Toms content changed in the past few years being “gifted” and “hosted” by Disney. It feels less authentic. I feel I would enjoy someone else pointing it out lol!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
True, but they were doing a lot of merchandise and news updates before the pandemic, they just increased this past year. Even before 2020 I was wishing they would "go back to the basics", so to speak. A lot of people seem to like those posts though, so I can't really blame her for doing them.

DFB used to be a must watch for me, but their content started to become a little repetitive. I now pick an choose which ones to watch.

Giss Neric

I used to enjoy Tim and Jenn Tracker. I'm glad Jackson is here but most if not all of their videos revolves around Jackson now. I understand being first time parents and all but I literally am just counting how many times they say "buddy" to Jackson in every vlog. I don't watch them religiously now.

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
That's a negative with obtaining celebrity status... you're constantly under the microscope. If they weren't saying "buddy" a lot or showcasing Jackson frequently, they'd be accused of being bad or neglectful parents.
Agreed, I’m not a fan of family vloggers in general though, as children can’t consent to being put infront of a million people. They can’t really win but I won’t watch their home vlogs.

Giss Neric

That's a negative with obtaining celebrity status... you're constantly under the microscope. If they weren't saying "buddy" a lot or showcasing Jackson frequently, they'd be accused of being bad or neglectful parents.
Even before Jackson, they were being scrutinized a lot that resulted in them avoiding social media. Heck even that Gucci sweater was a big thing. It's obvious that they do care as they have their very own apology video. If they don't care, they will certainly lose subscribers.

Also, I noticed Jenn recently acts really weird. She seems to have so much anxiety and acts like she is walking on eggshells all the time. Tim most of the time calls her out.

Benjamin_Nicholas

Celebrity?

I mean, they're a niche of a niche.

99% of people out there wouldn't have a clue as to who they were if you walked by them.

Giss Neric

So the Kay Brothers (Michael and Dave) has been in the hot seat lately for their Disney Cruise vlogs. Michael released the first Disney Cruise vlog but later deleted a portion of it cause of the controversy. As guests who are not vaccinated need to have a PCR test. Vaccinated guests do not need to test on embarkation day. They both took the PCR test and vlogged it confirming that they are not vaccinated.

The issue for me is it's irresponsible for them especially Michael being on the Disney "media list" and having a Disney-centric youtube channel for going to the parks all the time unmasked.

mergatroid

So the Kay Brothers (Michael and Dave) has been in the hot seat lately for their Disney Cruise vlogs. Michael released the first Disney Cruise vlog but later deleted a portion of it cause of the controversy. As guests who are not vaccinated need to have a PCR test. Vaccinated guests do not need to test on embarkation day. They both took the PCR test and vlogged it confirming that they are not vaccinated.

The issue for me is it's irresponsible for them especially Michael being on the Disney "media list" and having a Disney-centric youtube channel for going to the parks all the time unmasked.
:mad:

Disstevefan1

To remain on Disney’s media list you must do, say and think as Disney tells you to. Let’s see what happens..

Disney4family

I said this in another thread. But there is more to the story so it will be interesting to see if he comes out with any statement, etc.
He did yesterday when he replied to the video comments -

"Thanks everyone for the heads up! I double checked Disney's website and confirmed that information I was given at the port that was not accurate. I have updated the video to remove the confusing section."

One person who commented on the video stated - "This was DCL’s first cruise out of PC since pandemic started. The pre check was being done by port staff not DCL and they did not follow DCL’s procedures."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom