Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
There is nothing ok with taking the hard earned money from people who have real jobs as if you are a panhandler and then having the gull to boast about it, sometimes in view of the public at the top of your lungs while in a theme park to everyone, I.E. "$200.00 super chat from IluvTacos! Thx IluvTacos!" Then you use it go make yourself a millionaire.

People idiotically give them money, the old addage is correct- a fool and their money are soon parted- but people give them money and be like "go have a dole whip on me!". No you ignoramus, they are not going to use your money for a dole whip. they are going to use it to make themselves rich while you flush away the $16.00 you earned for a hours work at your 9-5 job. Nickel and diming people with super chats and their own personal merch is disgusting.

What is more disgusting is these vloggers making money off a theme park or ride they have nothing to do with. They have a video of Pirates of the Carribean for example and they decide to monitize it, well you are making money off Disney you did not earn. You didn't create the ride. You didn't build the AA's. Why should you make any money from the dreams and hard work and blood,sweat and tears off someone else's vision? Makes you a tool and a hack. Especially when you film yourself wearing your own merchandise in the park so people can buy what you wore on your website as if you are a sports star or something.

You wana have a vlog? Fine. You wanna show off your trip to a theme park? Fine. Turn off your superchats and don't monitize someone else's dreams. Have some class. The only vloggers like what I describe who have class is Themeparkworldwide.
Seriously though. I have never heard anyone say “I’m gonna do everything in my power to bring them down.” Except maybe the FBI..or a mob boss. Maybe use that tenacity for something awesome?

Raineman

Yeah it really is fun. If I don't like something then it is great for me and fun for me to crap on it as you so stated. That's my choice. If I hate something I am not going to ignore it. I am going to do everything in my power to bring it down.
Well, now we all know what kind of human being you are. I've never used the ignore function on here, but congrats, you will be the first one.

Raineman

Have you seen those morons Tim and Jen, someone out there old posts together. There are a pair of total idiots and should be banned from the parks. My favourite is when he advises you to rent a wheelchair for $12 to get to the front of the line?! Why universal didn’t ban their ***** I don’t know. They weren’t ‘young’ or 18, they are a pair of prats who have adapted their style because it’s their livelihood, and their apology is absolute bs.
We got another live one here, folks. They are coming out of the woodwork at this point. My ignore list is definitely going to get bigger.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
images(7) (1).jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Why universal didn’t ban their ***** I don’t know. They weren’t ‘young’ or 18, they are a pair of prats who have adapted their style because it’s their livelihood, and their apology is absolute bs.

They are content producers so they'll do anything to prevent demonitization of their content. So the mea culpa is just a procedural revenue saving measure. They are likable, but facile. The family is dependant on the revenue stream as income. It's enough to afford random luxury sweaters and a new house.

disneygeek90

People idiotically give them money, the old addage is correct- a fool and their money are soon parted- but people give them money and be like "go have a dole whip on me!". No you ignoramus, they are not going to use your money for a dole whip. they are going to use it to make themselves rich while you flush away the $16.00 you earned for a hours work at your 9-5 job. Nickel and diming people with super chats and their own personal merch is disgusting.
Imagine being triggered over $16. That no one forced you to pay. I personally have not donated to any vloggers but I'm not going to pretend I care what people do with their own money.

KellBelle

There is nothing ok with taking the hard earned money from people who have real jobs as if you are a panhandler and then having the gull to boast about it, sometimes in view of the public at the top of your lungs while in a theme park to everyone, I.E. "$200.00 super chat from IluvTacos! Thx IluvTacos!" Then you use it go make yourself a millionaire.

What is more disgusting is these vloggers making money off a theme park or ride they have nothing to do with. They have a video of Pirates of the Carribean for example and they decide to monitize it, well you are making money off Disney you did not earn. You didn't create the ride. You didn't build the AA's. Why should you make any money from the dreams and hard work and blood,sweat and tears off someone else's vision? Makes you a tool and a hack. Especially when you film yourself wearing your own merchandise in the park so people can buy what you wore on your website as if you are a sports star or something.

You wana have a vlog? Fine. You wanna show off your trip to a theme park? Fine. Turn off your superchats and don't monitize someone else's dreams. Have some class. The only vloggers like what I describe who have class is Themeparkworldwide.
I don't recall the super chats being a condition of viewing a channel?

mergatroid

I don't recall the super chats being a condition of viewing a channel?

They're not. To be honest I've posted before myself about not feeling good about 'super chats' although not as vociferously as the poster you're quoting. I've always said that whoever uses 'super chat' isn't breaking any rules and can decide themselves whether they use it or not. I knew somebody who was what we call a 'vulnerable person' and they donated quite a bit of money to a British vlogger to get their name shouted out repeatedly and thought that they had a real friendship with the vlogger when they didn't.

In fairness the vlogger didn't know this person was 'vulnerable' with mental health issues at that time and probably thought it was an everyday person who loved their channel and had money to tip them with, every single time they were on. However this person who kept donating thought it meant they were top of the list of friends with the vlogger as he kept saying "Hi" and "Thanks" except for when they didn't donate and they were ignored in normal chat. A friend of this person who helped them eventually discovered that money had left their account and contacted the vlogger hoping they would give some or all of it back by explaining what had actually happened.

Unfortunately they got a very short answer from the vlogger saying "no" and they'd "not broken any laws and the money was donated voluntarily" etc. This episode perhaps makes me view 'super chat' differently to most, let's say I feel uncomfortable about it yet I'll say again that it's up to individuals what they do in regards to it. I didn't think it looked good a few years back after the Trackers has said on several vlogs that they wouldn't do super chats or sell merchandise because they didn't feel right about taking money from their fans, to see them change their minds on that. It was when they had to have their house fumigated due to an insect problem and it was going to cost whatever amount they said ($1,500?). They then changed their stance on taking money from their fans after saying they would never do that and it felt a bit wrong to me anyway.

I don't however have any issue with vloggers making money from normal youtube sources. I don't understand people getting all worked up because successful youtubers can make good money. If it were so easy to do it then I'm sure more would and wonder why those complaining don't try it themselves if it's that easy? If people think it's 'dumb' making money from being a youtuber than fair enough, however I'm pretty sure those making big money don't give a toss what they think as they're living a great life on the proceeds, doing what they enjoy doing. I don't really have an issue with merchandise either to be honest, you don't get a shout out for buying it and it's a choice whether you purchase it or not. Personally it wouldn't appeal to me and I'd feel a little silly being asked "Who's that on your t-shirt" and replying "It's a guy who films himself doing stuff on youtube that I watch so I bought his t-shirt".

As for the poster saying "Vloggers are stealing money from the imagineers who designed the rides they film" or words to that effect, I don't agree. The imagineers were paid a salary to do their job and I'm pretty sure at no stage other than copyrighting the design of it would they ever have thought about making money from other people filming that attraction. For the person saying that I'd suggest they create a youtube channel, jump on Pirates, post it up with nothing but that footage and see whether youtube contact them offering them money. They won't. The footage of the attraction itself doesn't make people money, it's the subscribers they get by making an entertaining channel that does most of that.

KellBelle

They're not. To be honest I've posted before myself about not feeling good about 'super chats' although not as vociferously as the poster you're quoting. I've always said that whoever uses 'super chat' isn't breaking any rules and can decide themselves whether they use it or not. I knew somebody who was what we call a 'vulnerable person' and they donated quite a bit of money to a British vlogger to get their name shouted out repeatedly and thought that they had a real friendship with the vlogger when they didn't.

In fairness the vlogger didn't know this person was 'vulnerable' with mental health issues at that time and probably thought it was an everyday person who loved their channel and had money to tip them with, every single time they were on. However this person who kept donating thought it meant they were top of the list of friends with the vlogger as he kept saying "Hi" and "Thanks" except for when they didn't donate and they were ignored in normal chat. A friend of this person who helped them eventually discovered that money had left their account and contacted the vlogger hoping they would give some or all of it back by explaining what had actually happened.

Unfortunately they got a very short answer from the vlogger saying "no" and they'd "not broken any laws and the money was donated voluntarily" etc. This episode perhaps makes me view 'super chat' differently to most, let's say I feel uncomfortable about it yet I'll say again that it's up to individuals what they do in regards to it. I didn't think it looked good a few years back after the Trackers has said on several vlogs that they wouldn't do super chats or sell merchandise because they didn't feel right about taking money from their fans, to see them change their minds on that. It was when they had to have their house fumigated due to an insect problem and it was going to cost whatever amount they said ($1,500?). They then changed their stance on taking money from their fans after saying they would never do that and it felt a bit wrong to me anyway.

I don't however have any issue with vloggers making money from normal youtube sources. I don't understand people getting all worked up because successful youtubers can make good money. If it were so easy to do it then I'm sure more would and wonder why those complaining don't try it themselves if it's that easy? If people think it's 'dumb' making money from being a youtuber than fair enough, however I'm pretty sure those making big money don't give a toss what they think as they're living a great life on the proceeds, doing what they enjoy doing. I don't really have an issue with merchandise either to be honest, you don't get a shout out for buying it and it's a choice whether you purchase it or not. Personally it wouldn't appeal to me and I'd feel a little silly being asked "Who's that on your t-shirt" and replying "It's a guy who films himself doing stuff on youtube that I watch so I bought his t-shirt".

As for the poster saying "Vloggers are stealing money from the imagineers who designed the rides they film" or words to that effect, I don't agree. The imagineers were paid a salary to do their job and I'm pretty sure at no stage other than copyrighting the design of it would they ever have thought about making money from other people filming that attraction. For the person saying that I'd suggest they create a youtube channel, jump on Pirates, post it up with nothing but that footage and see whether youtube contact them offering them money. They won't. The footage of the attraction itself doesn't make people money, it's the subscribers they get by making an entertaining channel that does most of that.
That is sad what happened to your acquaintance, I wish that did not happen! For the record, I would never pay money for any sort of super chat, but I don't feel that under normal circumstances it is stealing. People say so many hateful things out of jealousy. I sure wish I had a knack and personality to be a vlogger, but I most certainly do not lol :joyfull:

mergatroid

That is sad what happened to your acquaintance, I wish that did not happen! For the record, I would never pay money for any sort of super chat, but I don't feel that under normal circumstances it is stealing. People say so many hateful things out of jealousy. I sure wish I had a knack and personality to be a vlogger, but I most certainly do not lol :joyfull:

Nope and neither do I. It would be great if I could and was able to do that, but that's not really my style either. However I do enjoy my job, my life and I have the ability to make enough money in my current job to own a house, a car and can afford to visit Florida every year with my wife so I'm quite content with how things are as I'm sure you are.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom