Florida Liquid Sunshine!

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Good Morning Everyone..Well the weekend was a cracker.BBQ and chilling out in the glorious sunshine,but today it's raining cats & dogs.But yet at WDW if it rains,we don't give a hoot,we still hit the parks with our ponchos and join in the fun..It's warm rain says my DS.Liquid sunshine,he calls it..So I'am curious ( as ever ) Does the rain put you off hitting the parks,? And if not,what do you get up too.? ;)

Tiggertoo56

Don't care if it rains! Octobers best for us - and the rain doesn't put us off, we just go for it. Normally very warm sunshine - and we even do the water parks on these days, which are few in number, but if cold with it tend not to do wet attractions.
Although when we visited in December 2006 the rain, rain rain came down, down, down - just like in Winnie the Pooh! And it was the night of MVMCP, but did it stop us - no! On with the poncho's and had ouselves a merry old time - hot chocolate and cookies worked wonders.:cool:

mickey2008.1

We just put on the ponchos and go. Try to walk thru all the shops and stay dry that way, which is pretty easy at MK and DHS. When we go in september, if it rains, and we know it is going to rain, we hit AK for Kali rivier rapids, or a water park, because were gonna get wet anyway! In December rain, heavy sweatshirt, shorts, and a poncho, not very fun, but still make it with a few drops of rum and monorail loop resort visits, or just stay at Mexico pavilion, inside-out with La Cava, a boat ride, street market, and a restaurant of some sort.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Good Morning Everyone..Well the weekend was a cracker.BBQ and chilling out in the glorious sunshine,but today it's raining cats & dogs.But yet at WDW if it rains,we don't give a hoot,we still hit the parks with our ponchos and join in the fun..It's warm rain says my DS.Liquid sunshine,he calls it..So I'am curious ( as ever ) Does the rain put you off hitting the parks,? And if not,what do you get up too.? ;)

Rain doesn't stop us. Slap on a poncho and go! I do try to book ADRs during known afternoon rain times (3p - 5p), but we don't always hit that timing perfectly. FL weather in August can be fickle.

A few times the rain has been hard enough that we take shelter, even with a poncho...but that's rare.

My favorite place to duck in to when there is a hard rain is at MK. There's a small porch off the side of Hall of Presidents. I plant the kid there and wander over to Sleepy Hollow (next door) to get some snacks to munch on as we wait out the hardest part of the storm.

Gonzo79

We have been lucky enough not to have had to deal with really any rain on our trips.Other than a couple quick 10-20 minute showers. But if we were to have to deal with some rainy days,we wouldn't let it ruin our fun. We would hit the parks the same way as on a sunny day.

Cmdr_Crimson

And here I'm thinking Florida's Other bit of Liquid Sunshine..
main.php

luv

We had a vacation where we spent a good deal of it tramping through the rain. Tried the ponchos, but got sweaty under it and preferred to use be wet from rain.

After that, we visited during more dry seasons. On rainy days, we'd venture off the Disney/Uni properties and try out tourist stuff inside. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom