Florida Liquid Sunshine!

Cmdr_Crimson

If it's raining..I know what I gotta do...
tumblr_mavj4maDqH1r1qmmp.gif

Soarin2u

NEVER! Unless it's like hurricane or we start seeing actual cats and dogs falling from above, it's Go Time! Time to hit up on those empty outdoor attractions! A few years ago I got to ride Thunder Mountain five times with only a 5-10 minute wait. Everyone seemed to be hauled up in FantasyLand and Tomorrow land! Space mountain had a good Hour and 45 minute wait.
At Epcot, all the attractions are indoors... So, just the normal pace, maybe hit up the Cool Place for a quick dry and a drink before we head for Soarin.
Animal kingdom is the only place that stops us, only because we LOVE the Restaurantosaurus in the rain! So cozy and comforting!
DHS-ToT is amazing in a storm! Adds more spookiness to the atmosphere!

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Ditto. When it looked like rain last week, I left Epcot and headed for the pool. It started pouring as soon as I got in, but it was so fun. It was also fun to watch the dripping wet swimmers dart out of the pool, cover their heads and seek shelter.:confused:
If that was on sunday the 20th we just statyed at the Magic Kingdom and carried on like normal . It makes us laugh that people will walk around drenched after splash or kali and yet will poncho up and shelter for 15 minutes rain :confused:

Bethypoo

If that was on sunday the 20th we just statyed at the Magic Kingdom and carried on like normal . It makes us laugh that people will walk around drenched after splash or kali and yet will poncho up and shelter for 15 minutes rain :confused:
Yes! It was on Sunday. I've always found the afternoon showers to be quite refreshing. It is entertaining to watch how some people react to water falling from the sky.

King Capybara 77

Premium Member
Yes! It was on Sunday. I've always found the afternoon showers to be quite refreshing. It is entertaining to watch how some people react to water falling from the sky.

We had just got a balcony seat at cosmic rays when it opened up.once we had finished we just took advantage of everyone sheltering to get places quickly.It also thinned out the crowd nicely for the 3 o'clock parade (the sun had come out again by then anyway)

Bethypoo

We had just got a balcony seat at cosmic rays when it opened up.once we had finished we just took advantage of everyone sheltering to get places quickly.It also thinned out the crowd nicely for the 3 o'clock parade (the sun had come out again by then anyway)
The best time to be at the park or the pool is when it's raining. Once the sun came back out everyone crowded the pool again. So, I got out, took a shower, and headed back to Epcot to eat an early dinner and watch the Starship concert.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The best time to be at the park or the pool is when it's raining. Once the sun came back out everyone crowded the pool again. So, I got out, took a shower, and headed back to Epcot to eat an early dinner and watch the Starship concert.

Jefferson Starship?

Also, many times when it rains they close the pools, due to lightning.

Bethypoo

Jefferson Starship?

Also, many times when it rains they close the pools, due to lightning.
Yes. Mickey Thomas was the only member of the "original" band. He still sounds great! They opened with "Jane". There was a female singer. She was good, but was no Grace Slick.

There was no lightning on Sunday it waited to appear on my last day and last chance to enjoy the pool. The lifegaurds cleared the pool pronto. So, I had a pina colava and made the best of it.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Yes. Mickey Thomas was the only member of the "original" band. He still sounds great! They opened with "Jane". There was a female singer. She was good, but was no Grace Slick.

There was no lightning on Sunday it waited to appear on my last day and last chance to enjoy the pool. The lifegaurds cleared the pool pronto. So, I had a pina colava and made the best of it.

I would kill to see them in concert! Did they do Alice? Sara? Of course I'm sure they did We Built this City!

I'd be on 80's nostalgia overload....

King Capybara 77

Premium Member

Our last day was interrupted by lightning also . Our plane was delayed by an hour as they can't load luggage during thunderstorms ...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom