Florida Liquid Sunshine!

Bethypoo

Our last day was interrupted by lightning also . Our plane was delayed by an hour as they can't load luggage during thunderstorms ...
At least you weren't flying in the lightning. That is so scary. I was once in a plane circling Atlanta with lightning all around. It reminded me of the Twilight Zone movie. I didn't know they couldn't load the luggage during thunderstorms-makes sense, though.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I like that, but I'm sad they took down the dragon. I got the typical nightmares from Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street. Faces of Death was the worst, though.

I grew up an American in Europe. Those films were not widely available to us. It was the sort of thing, when one of us would manage to scrap together a VHS or Beta version of it, we'd plan a sleepover, and then all sneak downstairs and watch it, covers in hand and praying that our parents never found out!

That particular video means a lot to me. It's not me (for the record), but I have done that walk...going back "home" to my many "homes"...and seeing the changes. The last one I did was Springfield, VA, when I went back to Saratoga Elementary (where I graduated 6th grade, first class to graduate from it), and the nature path I built for the school as my Eagle Scout project had long been neglected, but the signs and the bridge I built decades ago was still there...

One day I'll take the kid and my sister back to where my sister was born in Germany...and see how much things have changed (they've changed a lot, though the last I heard the buildings we grew up in, including the Y where I learned how to play pool and used to gamble on Q-Bert is still there...though it's just a "community center" now.

MOXOMUMD

If it's raining..I know what I gotta do...
tumblr_mavj4maDqH1r1qmmp.gif
"Aaah that song! Now it's stuck in my head!" No seriously, that was my ringtone for about a year after the movie came out. After being down to WDW so many times and dealt with rain we just gave up on the ponchos. I still pack them in my suitcase but they always come home again. I remember once a storm blew up while we were on our bus from MK to Pop and the rain was dripping down inside the bus. It felt like someone was flicking their wet fingers at us the whole ride.The running joke that trip was we were blessed by the waters of WDW.

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
"Aaah that song! Now it's stuck in my head!" No seriously, that was my ringtone for about a year after the movie came out. After being down to WDW so many times and dealt with rain we just gave up on the ponchos. I still pack them in my suitcase but they always come home again. I remember once a storm blew up while we were on our bus from MK to Pop and the rain was dripping down inside the bus. It felt like someone was flicking their wet fingers at us the whole ride.The running joke that trip was we were blessed by the waters of WDW.
We used to poncho up but the last couple of trips we just carried on regardless as we were fed up with the sticky clingy poncho feeling (and that you seem to get just as wet).

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
At least you weren't flying in the lightning. That is so scary. I was once in a plane circling Atlanta with lightning all around. It reminded me of the Twilight Zone movie. I didn't know they couldn't load the luggage during thunderstorms-makes sense, though.
Never did spot you... Must have been different parks different days lol

real mad hatter

Original Poster
We used to poncho up but the last couple of trips we just carried on regardless as we were fed up with the sticky clingy poncho feeling (and that you seem to get just as wet).
Thats these Guernsey ponchos for you,Nae good..The Scottish ones are pre tested in the highlands and can stand 100 mile gales,sleet,snow,etc..Treated with Irn girder coating..:p

Todd L

We put on the Ponchos and go for it...

Funny story.

We were down in October a few years back.
We landed at Mco on the blackest , rainiest day I ever saw. The cast member at check in actually said "BOY DID YOU PICK THE WRONG WEEK" Not cool.

Record rain fall was forecast for the entire week and we were bummed out about it.

we sat at the room for an hour and unpacked watching the weather channel....got really Depressed.
We put on the Ponchos and went to DTD for dinner. It was POURING.

We walked around In an Empty ,Ghost town of DT which was Bizarre.

Then after being there for a few hours The Skies just cleared...i mean, It looked like something out of a Movie..Blue skies, sunshine...It was miraculous.

We had a little rain at night here and there but never had to wear the ponchos again!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom