Flimsy Annual Pass card

GoofyMagic

Original Poster
Are any other season passholders annoyed by the flimsyness of the annual passes? Disney has such new technology, and always updating things, yet their annual passes are these chincy cardstock that i can't even keep in my wallet. Even the resort room keys double as a park ticket, therefore they CAN do this...

If Universal Studios can offer a hard plastic card, come on...

Tim G

Are any other season passholders annoyed by the flimsyness of the annual passes? Disney has such new technology, and always updating things, yet their annual passes are these chincy cardstock that i can't even keep in my wallet. Even the resort room keys double as a park ticket, therefore they CAN do this...

That flimsy piece... has proven better than a Plastic one...

Universal obviously doesn't know what they're doing...

:lookaroun

Champion

Luckily, it isn't a big deal to replace it.

browniebee

Those flimsy cards are awful for annual passes. We go 3 times a year and at least once a trip, someone in my family needs to replace their annual pass. It's always such a pain when we're at the gate and they don't work. Life would be so much easier if they were plastic. Mine was falling apart in March, and this July will be the 4th time using it, so I'll have to probably replace mine.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I've had problems with the cards being read whether it was the mylar card or a plastic one [I think it's a case of either the mag strip wasn't written properly or I've stored it too close to something electronic... :shrug:]. I find the mylar stock is fine from a durability standpoint, they're pretty rugged.

As has been said, they're pretty easy to replace anyway, so I don't see the big deal.

JCorduroy

Those flimsy cards are awful for annual passes. We go 3 times a year and at least once a trip, someone in my family needs to replace their annual pass. It's always such a pain when we're at the gate and they don't work. Life would be so much easier if they were plastic. Mine was falling apart in March, and this July will be the 4th time using it, so I'll have to probably replace mine.

Really? I must've gone 25 times last year and the only problem I had was when I dropped my wallet in a puddle. My paper card holds up just fine.

CThaddeus

They're insanely cheap. At least Disneyland has a credit card-sized plastic annual pass with your picture on it. Why Disney World hasn't adopted the same process is beyond me. After a dousing at Kali River Rapids, I was sure that cheesy paper pass was toast. It barely survived.

kcnole

I'm very glad to have my USO pass in plastic because as already mentioned, Universal has started using the paper ones as well now.

Matpez

I have both a Universal and WDW AP, both on flimsy paper.... not sure why...
my six flags season pass was always a plastic card.

Wilt Dasney

My Six Flags season pass is plastic, with my mug on it.

From an aesthetic standpoint, flimsy paper cards don't seem like anything special (which an AP certainly is) to me. They just look like a cheap one day ticket you'd get at any aquarium or museum.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

I have kept at least 5 seasonal annual passes and at least 2 PI annual passes in my wallet for the last 6 years. They get used about 30-40 days out of the year and I have yet to have one go bad. On the other hand I have 2 to 3 room keys go bad per year and we keep those for a maximum of 4 days. So it has been my experience that the plastic cards are considerably less durable in regards to the magnetic stripe than the card stock ones.

Kman101

I don't think laminating it would work, but it's a smart idea.

My AP is already falling apart. It's still in it's plastic "case" they gave me in my wallet. Granted, I used it for almost a week at all of the parks, but come on ...

I think Disney should adopt Disneyland's idea and use plastic cards with your mug on it.

And I've only had my AP since April 28th.

LeeLee D

I got my first one last year.
I'll admit, I was surprised that it wasn't plastic and didn't have my pic on it. However, I did not have any trouble using it. My new pass will be getting a workout next week - 5 days in the Kingdom!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

CleveRocks

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and get a grip. They are made from Tyvek, a nearly indestructible product. You can't tear it ... try it, I dare you!!! It'll withstand heat, cold, water, even the washer and dryer.

It's a VERY durable material. It's the same stuff they "wrap" new houses with to weatherproof them.

MissM

I have to admit, I wonder what people are doing to their passes to destroy them. My AP tickets are as mint as the day I got them last May and we've gone, oh jeez...maybe 30 times in the past year? In and out of the sleeve, into turnstyles, into FastPass machines - no problems.
-m

Mr_Tom_Morrow

What if you laminated the AP yourself? Would the computer still read the card? Just a thought for everyone that hates the paper cards.

I had an AP back in 2000 and I laminated it,worked fine,dont know the size of the passes now,but only thing i had to do was trim down the edges of the laminate

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom