Flimsy Annual Pass card

NemoRocks78

Seized
Never really had an unhappy CM in any circumstance, but I imagine most people who lose their APs don't have all the information readily available to help figure out which of the thousands of AP holders in the database they are... :shrug:

"John Smith from Dekatur? Are you John J. John W. John R. or John G. Smith from Dekatur? John R? OK, are you the John R. that lives on Hemlow or the John R. that lives on Willow?..." :p

I'd probably get a bit irritable after the thirtieth or fortieth John Smith of the day... :lol:
I have an incredibly odd last name so I should be like one of six people in their database. :lol: But I've always gotten some very rude ones, who always get a certain "look" on their face when I say I need a new AP. About a month ago when I lost mine, the CM asked me how I did it and I said I didn't know... she responded with an "oh..." in that tone of voice where you know they're thinking "sure..." to themselves. C'mon, you really think I want to be wasting my time in here for fun? It's not like I'm getting a new AP because I didn't want the Cinderella one they gave me in the first place. :rolleyes: :lookaroun :lol:

I've had one who tried to find a way to charge me. She did, and I refused to pay it.
010506simmons.jpg

DAMN!

Mr Bill

Those Tyvek tickets are very durable. The subway tickets up here are made of the same material. The do survive everything you said except for the dryer, tried it last year with an old ticket and the plastic indestrucible layer on the inside wrinkled up and the ticket wouldn't work.

I just tried to destroy one...and may have been to successful :zipit:

Nobody warned about paper shredders!:mad:

JML42691

I just tried to destroy one...and may have been to successful :zipit:

Nobody warned about paper shredders!:mad:
Anything that is a knife or sizzor-like is capable of tearing it, I meant attempt to tear it apart with your bare hands, you will be able to tear most of the paper part off, but you will never be able to tear the core plastic layer apart, it would take you hours if not days.

Figment1986

you know what might solve some of the problems???

using bar codes rather than magnetic strips!

Busch and universal use barcodes... never had to repalce them

disney, well... 9 times last year... 4 so far..

disneyland uses barcode if i remember.. and it works out, and WDW's can read a barcode... it would certinly speed up lines cause you can tell when your ap's barcode is ruined... when you dont know about the mag strip.

AEfx

I've never had an issue getting mine replced, and I usually do it a couple of times a year (usually when the year has turned and I need the new passholder booklet anyway). I just walk up to a counter, hand them my ID and tell them I'm an AP holder and nicely ask to get a new ticket. They are always very nice and polite - usually I assume because I have my ID in my hand and give it to them right away. Never need any more info from me than that.

I'm of two minds about the plastic/tyvex thing. Yes, I understand why...but as someone who isn't a local yet has an AP it would be nicer to have something to keep in my wallet just...because. I'm sad to hear that Universal has dropped the hard plastic cards; I haven't had a Universal AP in years but am getting a new one soon and was looking forward to it.

In any case, it really doesn't matter - but I'd pay $5 or $10 more for my AP if I could have a nice snazzy card...

AEfx

Miss Bell

Hey, I know John Smith.

Seriously, though, we only have had to replace one annual pass, but the cast member was extremely helpful.

shoppingnut

During one year, I had to replace my card every trip and sometimes twice during that trip. There was a turnstile at the backgate of epcot that cause a deep bend line to go down the center and after that it didn't work.

I have had more problems with room keys at WDW than any other place I've ever been too. What is with their system and/or card that causes demagnatization so easily. I don't have this problem with other hotel key cards and the metrocard that I have here in NY for the bus/subways are always next to my phone and blackberry and I have no problems with it. It must be something with disney's system. I find this to be a pain in the rear because you don't know your card isn't working until you get to the room and then have to track all the way down to the front desk for a new card.

PigletIsMyCat

As for why Disney APs do not have photos on them anymore, I would guess it's because of the biometric scanning.

I also was a little miffed with my cheesy day-guest looking 'ticket' that is my AP. USO also uses paper now, and my friends still have their snazzy USO passes with their pics on them. :cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom