Flimsy Annual Pass card

Laura

Premium Member
Everyone needs to take a deep breath and get a grip. They are made from Tyvek, a nearly indestructible product. You can't tear it ... try it, I dare you!!! It'll withstand heat, cold, water, even the washer and dryer.

It's a VERY durable material. It's the same stuff they "wrap" new houses with to weatherproof them.

I think you're nuts. Mine fell right apart after a few months of use last year. A couple soakings on Splash Mountain and it was done for and had to be replaced. It is definitely not Tyvek and I can definitely rip it in half if I want. :lol:

maelstrom

Disney World used to have the hard plastic cards with your picture on it; I know this because I had them. I'm willing to bet that they stopped doing this due to either money reasons or staffing reasons. Why pay someone to take your picture and stick it on your AP if it isn't absolutely necessary?

I don't seem to have the issues everyone else is having with their AP. While I agree that it seems kind of cheesy to have tyvek tickets when most everyone else has a hard plastic ticket, I have never had an issue with it. My room key, on the other hand, randomly stops working all the time.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Are any other season passholders annoyed by the flimsyness of the annual passes? Disney has such new technology, and always updating things, yet their annual passes are these chincy cardstock that i can't even keep in my wallet. Even the resort room keys double as a park ticket, therefore they CAN do this...

If Universal Studios can offer a hard plastic card, come on...
That flimsy card doesn't demagnetize as easily as the resort room keys :)

Enderikari

Those neato-keen Universal Annual Passes cost $25 to replace in the event that you lose one... Anyone who is an AP ever leave your pass at home? Maybe forgot it in your car? Lost it in the wash?
Wanna pay $25 each time you do?

Think of how many people get their annual pass replaced each day... Think of the profit Disney could be making if they charged a fee every time they replaced it? The flimsy paper card (which is made with a tyvek plastic backing, not the entire card), is easily replaced in the event of a lost card, or a damaged card... and, to me, seems to be a service that Disney could be making money from...

Sloan

several replacements

We have had to have several of the passes replaced over the years (not just renewed) - but it has more often been due to a problem with the magnetic strip than the pass actually 'wearing out'

It would be fun to have a 'nice' pass

bayoutinkbelle

I've never had a problem with my WDW pass. It's in great shape. Of course, I've always made sure to stash it someplace where it didn't get wet or otherwise damaged.

I have the plastic Universal AP and I've had more trouble at the gates with it than the WDW pass. Go figure. :shrug:

raven

I hate the paper annual passes. I have mine in my wallet but have to be careful where I place it because it could get bent or torn. If people are supposed to carry these around and use them for a year, how come they don't make them more durable?

drdoom1001

My Busch Platinum pass is plastic and so is my Universal AP,even though I hear the new ones are paper.I keep these 2 in my wallet but my Disney Seasonal pass I keep in the bag I wear to the parks so it doesn't get any extra wear from carrying it around.Like once or twice my Disney pass wouldn't scan,they said it could be from a cell phone being too close to it.However when that happened they replaced it within 2 minutes,at the EPCOT turnstiles a guy came over in a segway took my pass and I had another one in less than a minute,QUICK!!!

drdoom1001

My dad lost his Universal AP and they charged him $10.I'm sure that unless you lose it you're not going to get charged anything to replace it!!

mkt

Premium Member
You'd figure with the amount you pay for one they woul dbe made out of gold.. How much does it cost to have one replaced?
$0.00

Nada, nothing, zilch, free :D

I've had my AP reprinted at least 10 times this year :lol:

haveyoumetmark

You'd be surprised at how durable the Disney passes actually are. Try ripping one in half, I wasn't so successful. Plus, mine just went through the wash, along with my entire wallet, oops. :lol:

It's obvious that the cards with the tyvek backing are more pratical than the plastic cards. Disney got a clue a while ago and switched. Busch parks, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens switched a year or two ago. Universal is now making the switch.

drdoom1001

New Busch AP"s aren't plastic anymore,wow I feel Old School since my Busch and Universal passes are both plastic since they don't have expiration dates and I just renew the Universal one and I have Busch with EZ pay, they never have to be changed!!

kag1984

I "lost" my universal ap and they charged me $10 to replace it. But the girl reissuing it said that if I found my old one I could bring it back and they would give me my money back because it would be equivilant to having it replaced because of damage or whatever else. Well two weeks later I found my old ap and brought it in to get my $10 back. The girl at Customer Relations was so incredibly rude and we had a throw down. She tried telling me that I was lucky Universal only charged $10 because Disney charged $15! I told her that Disney didn't charge anything to get it replaced and she flipped out saying that I was calling her a liar and that I was an idiot. Well anyways I didn't get my $$$ back but I went to the girl next door and asked for a telephone number or e-mail address I could write to and I asked her to write the girls name on the card so I could make sure to direct the complaint about her. The lady took off her nametag and threw it at me and said there so you make sure to spell it right. So I picked up her name tag and walked off with it. So I ended up writting my letter and they appologized and offered to give me my $10 back. Looking back I should have taken the money but just on principle I declined. I won't ever go back to Universal after that experience.:fork:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Unfortunately you do get unhappy CMs when you go in to get one re-printed (why are they always so ed off about it?)...
Never really had an unhappy CM in any circumstance, but I imagine most people who lose their APs don't have all the information readily available to help figure out which of the thousands of AP holders in the database they are... :shrug:

"John Smith from Dekatur? Are you John J. John W. John R. or John G. Smith from Dekatur? John R? OK, are you the John R. that lives on Hemlow or the John R. that lives on Willow?..." :p

I'd probably get a bit irritable after the thirtieth or fortieth John Smith of the day... :lol:

JML42691

Everyone needs to take a deep breath and get a grip. They are made from Tyvek, a nearly indestructible product. You can't tear it ... try it, I dare you!!! It'll withstand heat, cold, water, even the washer and dryer.

It's a VERY durable material. It's the same stuff they "wrap" new houses with to weatherproof them.
Those Tyvek tickets are very durable. The subway tickets up here are made of the same material. The do survive everything you said except for the dryer, tried it last year with an old ticket and the plastic indestrucible layer on the inside wrinkled up and the ticket wouldn't work.

mkt

Premium Member
Unfortunately you do get unhappy CMs when you go in to get one re-printed (why are they always so ed off about it?)...
I've had one who tried to find a way to charge me. She did, and I refused to pay it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom