Flight of Passage Single Rider

DisneyPrincess5

Part of me gets the whole "too much chaos, too many lines, too many party sizes" to keep track of so the single ride line complicates things. But then another part of me thinks uhhh the line just takes care of itself, they'll just travel along the line, and get plopped into an open spot when available". I hope single rider does open eventually because DH isn't going to ride due to issues with screens and I want to ride alone. Ugh don't want to waste a FP or wait 2 hours for just me.

Homer fan

Anyone know if the single rider line will be open in a couple weeks? I am leaving for Disney in the 17th and will at AK on the 22nd and changed my fast pass to NRJ, figuring I can do single rider on FOP.

sjhym333

Anyone know if the single rider line will be open in a couple weeks? I am leaving for Disney in the 17th and will at AK on the 22nd and changed my fast pass to NRJ, figuring I can do single rider on FOP.
A couple of posts back I posted that a manager told me that single rider probably will not be used this summer and there is a possibility that if they find that they can fill all 16 seats with the current line they will not open a single rider option at all. Soarin opened with a single rider line that quickly closed when they found they could find enough people to fill seats from the lines

Homer fan

A couple of posts back I posted that a manager told me that single rider probably will not be used this summer and there is a possibility that if they find that they can fill all 16 seats with the current line they will not open a single rider option at all. Soarin opened with a single rider line that quickly closed when they found they could find enough people to fill seats from the lines
Ok, thx for heads up

MiddKid

I agree. I watched them group and I don't see that many seats go unfilled so there is no need for a single rider line

I rode on Saturday night as a Single Rider during EMH at midnight while the rest of my family was back at the hotel sleeping after a long hot day. While there is no separate line, when I reached the point where they assign "lanes" the far right and far left lanes were full. They had me go up lane 2 by myself and I stood there by myself. They grouped the next room and the grouper called out to me as "single rider" to join them.

So while there is no single rider from the start they were using the single rider approach at the end. But I was literally the only person I saw in that lane during my brief time there. Not enough single rider volume to keep that lane full.

sjhym333

I rode on Saturday night as a Single Rider during EMH at midnight while the rest of my family was back at the hotel sleeping after a long hot day. While there is no separate line, when I reached the point where they assign "lanes" the far right and far left lanes were full. They had me go up lane 2 by myself and I stood there by myself. They grouped the next room and the grouper called out to me as "single rider" to join them.

So while there is no single rider from the start they were using the single rider approach at the end. But I was literally the only person I saw in that lane during my brief time there. Not enough single rider volume to keep that lane full.

When I rode there was no one riding alone. What I saw was the grouper walking down the line asking party sizes and planning on how to fill the seats.

When I worked at Soarin we would walk the line for single riders but most of the time a good grouper could fill a theater from the regular line.

Either way it doesn't seem that they need a Single Rider line.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
Not enough single rider volume to keep that lane full.

I think VERY few people come to Disney alone (or at least get in a queue alone) but a fair number of people are willing to split their group up if it means they can ride significantly faster. For those willing to split their group just to ride significantly faster, though, I doubt many groups would be willing to save 5-10 minutes to ride slightly faster but separated when they have already waited 60/90/120 minutes in line already. If the Single Rider line just utilized the FastPass line and you went right to the ramps (there's PLENTY of ramp space to hold a good 30-60 mins of Single Riders), I bet you'd get a good number of people using that line to avoid waiting in the main line.

Problem with the set-up now is that, as a SingleRider, you wait the full queue and get put into the SingleRider line at the end and when they are looking for one or two riders to complete the fill of a theater, frequently that means you get put in seat 15 or 16. While the edge seats in FOP aren't anywhere near as bad as the edge seats on Soarin', they're still not the best seats and if I'm going to wait the full queue, I want just as much a chance as anyone else to get put in seats 7 through 10 (if I was able to wait an abbreviated time in a dedicated Single Rider line, I'd be much more willing to accept that I'd always get an edge seat).

Princess B

I think VERY few people come to Disney alone (or at least get in a queue alone) but a fair number of people are willing to split their group up if it means they can ride significantly faster. For those willing to split their group just to ride significantly faster, though, I doubt many groups would be willing to save 5-10 minutes to ride slightly faster but separated when they have already waited 60/90/120 minutes in line already. If the Single Rider line just utilized the FastPass line and you went right to the ramps (there's PLENTY of ramp space to hold a good 30-60 mins of Single Riders), I bet you'd get a good number of people using that line to avoid waiting in the main line.

Problem with the set-up now is that, as a SingleRider, you wait the full queue and get put into the SingleRider line at the end and when they are looking for one or two riders to complete the fill of a theater, frequently that means you get put in seat 15 or 16. While the edge seats in FOP aren't anywhere near as bad as the edge seats on Soarin', they're still not the best seats and if I'm going to wait the full queue, I want just as much a chance as anyone else to get put in seats 7 through 10 (if I was able to wait an abbreviated time in a dedicated Single Rider line, I'd be much more willing to accept that I'd always get an edge seat).
As someone who goes by herself to Disney at least every other week (no shame in being a UCF student with an annual pass!), I gotta disagree on how "very" few people come to Disney alone -- I've actually met a lot of people that do the same thing! With that in mind, I think an actual single rider line at the beginning of the entrance would be helpful in making sure all available space is taken.

IMFearless

The biggest issue with single rider, is that once a single rider queue reaches a certain length the single rider line becomes longer than the regular line.

Even if one single rider was used for every other row of 16, which seems unlikely with the way groups can be selected, once the single rider line has 100 guests in it that is an awfully long wait.

If the throughput of the attraction is 1400 guests per hour and there are a total of 12 rows of seats, each with 16 guests per row, with an 8 minute cycle, it would take 8 minutes on average for 6 single riders to be used.

That would mean roughly 45 single riders are used per hour. Therefore, once the single rider line has 135 guests in it they will likely wait around 3 hours to be needed. It therefore means, they would move through the regular line much more quickly in most cases.

The potential for the single rider line to become a longer wait than the regular line becomes all too likely. If you think of it as the percentage of guests who are needed to fill single seats it makes sense. In this case it is around 3% of throughput that is being needed as single riders.

Last edited:

floridagirl57

I rode FOP with FP on Saturday afternoon. I didn't notice the single rider line being open but when we were being grouped in the room with three "lanes" I noticed two men tell the CM they were single ride and the CM responded that single riders go in the middle lane. I deduced that this meant the single rider line was open. Maybe someone else can report back with certainty. Also, I was in a group of two and we were called up to complete a room of 16, by passing maybe a dozen or so guests.

RSoxNo1

I rode FOP with FP on Saturday afternoon. I didn't notice the single rider line being open but when we were being grouped in the room with three "lanes" I noticed two men tell the CM they were single ride and the CM responded that single riders go in the middle lane. I deduced that this meant the single rider line was open. Maybe someone else can report back with certainty. Also, I was in a group of two and we were called up to complete a room of 16, by passing maybe a dozen or so guests.
I don't think they're using a true single riders line, but if they have singles they'll put them in that center row.

IMFearless

Yes this is correct. Single riders move through the line as per normal and guests are then grouped at the point when they are assigned to a row, much like at Soarin'. There will always be a need for single riders at times, just not enough to warrant having a single rider only line like at Test Track or RnR.

djkidkaz

This. Once you go single rider you always end up in the last seat closest to the edges which to me is unfair. I just ask to stay with the regular line.

Sun_lover08

As someone who goes by herself to Disney at least every other week (no shame in being a UCF student with an annual pass!), I gotta disagree on how "very" few people come to Disney alone -- I've actually met a lot of people that do the same thing! With that in mind, I think an actual single rider line at the beginning of the entrance would be helpful in making sure all available space is taken.
Agreed. I park it alone also. As a mother of 3 that have left home, I make it my weekly mission to find time to use my pass. Being able to do my own thing faster. I'd also wouldn't mind the outside seats if to get on the ride faster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom