Flight of Passage Single Rider

RSoxNo1

Saw a report this morning that it was open.
It was not open midday, and today was worse for flight of Passage. Fast pass backed up, standby at a standstill. Hopefully it's growing pains, but I fear that our underbuilt/poor capacity problems are very real.

roj2323

It was not open midday, and today was worse for flight of Passage. Fast pass backed up, standby at a standstill. Hopefully it's growing pains, but I fear that our underbuilt/poor capacity problems are very real.
The built in capacity doesn't seem to be an issue but the ride itself is still glitchy (ride resets seem to be happening regularly which takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes to fix) and it doesn't seem to be running at full capacity (I don't think they are running all the theaters just yet) There's also the issue of brand new cast running brand new rides with crowds that are larger than most new years eves. Things will get sorted out over time.

doctornick

The built in capacity doesn't seem to be an issue but the ride itself is still glitchy (ride resets seem to be happening regularly which takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes to fix) and it doesn't seem to be running at full capacity (I don't think they are running all the theaters just yet) There's also the issue of brand new cast running brand new rides with crowds that are larger than most new years eves. Things will get sorted out over time.

People have reported that all 4 theaters are running, but the glitchy aspect could certainly be playing a role.

bigred102334

Original Poster
I wonder why single rider isn't open yet? Obviously it's because it's brand new, but it doesn't seem that difficult to manage a single rider line. I'm guessing it would be pretty slow based on the way the ride is set up with 16 seats.

gorillaball

I wonder why single rider isn't open yet? Obviously it's because it's brand new, but it doesn't seem that difficult to manage a single rider line. I'm guessing it would be pretty slow based on the way the ride is set up with 16 seats.

I wouldn't have expected it for a while personally. You have lines crisscrossing all over the place outside the ride, outside the land etc etc. This just throws in one more variable to complicate things that isn't needed at this point. Maybe after a few weeks or a month or...

Additionally - it seems I read somewhere else on here (so just passing along rumor) that they didn't have a specific plan for it yet or at least that it wasn't known to the public. Something about it bleeding in with Fastpass+ line etc.

Magic Feather

The main problem is that Single Rider and FASTPASS are in the same situation as standby and FASTPASS at Kali River Rapids, being "for space constraints we have to merge the line a few times, but stick to your side because there will be a scan point at the end". It is a bit more of a hassle than it is worth IMO. Talked with a few people who claimed that making the Single Rider entrance was a mistake and could be removed. Still betting the claim, but wouldn't be surprised.

sjhym333

I was there today. I didn't have any FP's but I wanted to walk around and look. Got there around 9:30 am Na'vi River was at 120 mins and FOP at 180 mins. When I walked past FOP there was a manager outside helping out and I asked him about the Single Rider Line (which was not open and the sign is covered) and he said he didn't expect Single Rider to be open until after the summer season. He pointed around at all the people and said they just aren't ready to add in another aspect to the crazy lines.

That Guy

It looks like the cast members have been given dry erase boards so they know what size group they need to hit 16. That number is relayed to the CM's at the ramps, and they are calling for a "group of #". I rode twice and did not hear them call for a solo rider, only groups of 2,3, and 4. It seems like single-rider will be in the lane to the far left of the up-ramp side eventually (if they decide they need it).

BrianLo

Unlike other rides with seating of 4-6, there will rarely if ever be a situation that they have a group of 15, necessitating a single rider to max capacity.

I think RSR (and by extension Test Track) are one of the most single rider dependent seating layouts by having the relatively awkward 3x3 seating. Groups of 2, groups of 4 and groups of 5 all require single riders for logistics. It's the single rider dream.

So in this case it's not worth the headache of opening a poorly laid out single rider line.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Single Rider line go away quickly, just like it did on Soarin'. It was there when it was built but they stopped using it within less than a few weeks of opening. It turns out that on an attraction that loads so many guests per ride, it's relatively easy to fill each group without using single riders. If you do use them, they are so few that line ends up being a longer wait than the standby line. I tried it one time on Soarin' at DCA and they loaded 9 full runs of the show before anyone from Single Rider got pulled. I gave up and bailed out.

Notes from Neverland

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Single Rider line go away quickly, just like it did on Soarin'. It was there when it was built but they stopped using it within less than a few weeks of opening. It turns out that on an attraction that loads so many guests per ride, it's relatively easy to fill each group without using single riders. If you do use them, they are so few that line ends up being a longer wait than the standby line. I tried it one time on Soarin' at DCA and they loaded 9 full runs of the show before anyone from Single Rider got pulled. I gave up and bailed out.

One of the photos from that ... other website's Twitter ... actually showed the sign for single rider covered up at the entrance. May not mean much, but might indicate they're not planning on using it.

Kman101

Interesting that they covered the sign. They may be waiting until they work everything out with managing the line and waiting for crowds to be a little less, or they covered it so people don't ask about it and think it's in use?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom