Flight of Passage Single Rider

Rider

The single rider sign has been permanently removed.

DDAAF4E4-092F-4543-A79D-0893CC7A041A.jpeg

GlacierGlacier

So that's answered. It was such an odd little queue too. Merged right into FP+, had no distinction between the two at the end, it's like they weren't really committed either way. I guess they are now.

Furiated

Why is that an issue?

They're treated as single riders just like every other single rider. By choosing to ride alone, in turn, they actually make the standby line shorter! You should thank them.

Because lots of people do that and it drives the wait times WAY up for actual single riders. As a frequent single rider, it annoys me to no end.

That being said, to your point, it’s not technically “wrong” since like you said, they are treated as single riders and won’t ride together. But in my mind I’m always like Come on, that’s not what this queue was meant for.

Jones14

Because lots of people do that and it drives the wait times WAY up for actual single riders. As a frequent single rider, it annoys me to no end.

That being said, to your point, it’s not technically “wrong” since like you said, they are treated as single riders and won’t ride together. But in my mind I’m always like Come on, that’s not what this queue was meant for.
But that IS what it’s meant for. The single rider queue is designed to ensure that capacity is maximized by way of people in the park who are willing to ride with strangers. If it were only meant for solo travelers, there’s no way capacity could be maximized at each ride, which is the base reason for having a single rider in the first place.

disneygeek90

But that IS what it’s meant for. The single rider queue is designed to ensure that capacity is maximized by way of people in the park who are willing to ride with strangers. If it were only meant for solo travelers, there’s no way capacity could be maximized at each ride, which is the base reason for having a single rider in the first place.
There's more solo visitors than you think. I go to WDW alone more times than not and the single rider line is wonderful for all 3 attractions at WDW :rolleyes:

I'm not sure why they wouldn't have at least attempted it on FoP. I end up having to wait the whole time only to walk down the middle lane where no one is.

Furiated

Realistically, capacity-wise, I know you’re right. You want the single rider line to constantly have people so you can fill ride vehicles as much as possible. It just sucks for a true single rider to see a group of 20 get in the single rider line ahead of you.

DisneyDodo

Realistically, capacity-wise, I know you’re right. You want the single rider line to constantly have people so you can fill ride vehicles as much as possible. It just sucks for a true single rider to see a group of 20 get in the single rider line ahead of you.
If those 20 people got in line before you, they deserve to go on the ride before you regardless of which line they got in (unless you are using FP+). The single rider lines exist for rides where it would otherwise be logistically difficult to fill all of the seats. On popular rides without single rider lines they usually call out for single riders to fill seats anyway. In theory, single riders would wait the same amount whether there is a separate line for them or not. The problem is that, in practice, it’s not always easy to find the next single rider in a sea of guests

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom