Rumor Flight of Passage foundation cracks?

lazyboy97o

Yep, very cold feeling. But its odd that they built it and connected it with the corridor but never fitted it up.

Was it to be a showroom or a second lounge area? For everyday guests or just Compaq/HP employees?
It’s even odder as the space was added after construction started. The first floor was to be a showroom and the second floor a conference room. It seems someone at Compaq thought it would be cool place to show off to clients only to be replaced by someone at HP who thought the whole thing was dumb.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Word of advice. Don't believe everything a CM tells you. One tried to convince me that the "broken" bust head in the singing busts group in HM was Walt Disney...

:facepalm:
Many cast members just repeat what they hear on the internet. I can't tell you how many times X Cast Member has told me this is coming or this ride is closing for this. Just last year two different cast members told me to ride Stitch because wreck it ralph was coming and recently I've overhead cast members at AK talking bout Indy replacing Dino... so people please remember that entry level cast members, heck people working on major projects even, don't have a clue what's going on.

The safest rule of thumb is don't believe anything you hear from a "cast member"...they don't control anything...and they have no need to know any strategic decisions. Why? It just turns it into a chatterbox of falsehoods that causes time and money to be spent correcting.

That not to say the blind squirrel doesn't misktakenly find the nut occasionally...but they're below the pay grade to be entrusted with info. Their rumors are worse than ours spitballing anonymously...

Here's a metaphor: it would be like working at mcdonalds...day 1: you learn how to flip the fries...day 2 they give you the combo to the safe and the recipe for special sauce...

Now...why does!ride operators or bus drivers knowing serious operational details seem "less" ridiculous?

Castle Cake Apologist

It was actually Compaq. HP really didn’t want to sponsor the attraction but was stuck with the deal. That seems to be how the pavilion ended up with a not yet used showroom.
I liked that bit.

It’s quite eerie in there.
Yep, very cold feeling. But its odd that they built it and connected it with the corridor but never fitted it up.

Was it to be a showroom or a second lounge area? For everyday guests or just Compaq/HP employees?
It’s even odder as the space was added after construction started. The first floor was to be a showroom and the second floor a conference room. It seems someone at Compaq thought it would be cool place to show off to clients only to be replaced by someone at HP who thought the whole thing was dumb.

I've spent more time in Epcot than I'm proud of, both on and offstage, and have somehow never heard of this. Can you guys expand on where this is and what wound up going in it? Is it just an awkward empty room? Any pictures?

Last edited:

Castle Cake Apologist

Went thru 2 pages to stupid replies looking for real info one way or the other..

To which your natural response was to add another unrelated post?

Here's the real info: a front-line Cast Member likely gave a guest bad information. It happens very frequently. Cast Member aren't generally privy to information with any real importance, but they sure love to spread rumors, and that's coming from a former front-line Cast Member (myself).

It was established pretty early on by our reliable insiders that this rumor didn't have a lot of truth behind it, so we started having some fun. It happens.

FoP has/had an overheating issue, but it is 99.999999% likely that there is nothing wrong with its foundation.

Last edited:

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
No. You quoted a definition you did not read. The Yeti is fixed based on the definition you posted. Now if you had said the Yeti has not been repaired, we would not be having this conversation around the the meaning of words.
I was only joking

Goofyernmost

Don't let this distract you from the fact that if you or a loved one has been diagnosed with mesothelioma, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
Damn, why is it that everything I get diagnosed with has zero compensation entitlement. Always seemed wrong to me that your loved ones get party money and you get buried. Just doesn't seem right.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've spent more time in Epcot than I'm proud of, both on and offstage, and have somehow never heard of this. Can you guys expand on where this is and what wound up going in it? Is it just an awkward empty room? Any pictures?
I won’t post interior photos since it’s technically a backstage area but this is the outside:

1FDA664B-C246-4A5B-A35D-A7AC8A4C4695.png

1E604A04-E1F4-4C4A-946A-0137FBD31EA8.png

It’s visible from the MS overflow. Imagine bare concrete floors, a concrete mezzanine balcony, exposed steel walls and staircase and an elevator shaft just standing there.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

I missed this earlier. To add to the exterior photos posted by @marni1971, you can also see the connection between the VIP Lounge and Conference Room from the main queue. When you’re in the Sim Lab and looking at the centrifuge, on your right and above is a catwalk and it goes between the two spaces.

disneyC97

I won’t post interior photos since it’s technically a backstage area but this is the outside:

View attachment 267911

View attachment 267912

It’s visible from the MS overflow. Imagine bare concrete floors, a concrete mezzanine balcony, exposed steel walls and staircase and an elevator shaft just standing there.
I can’t imagine Mission: Space ever needing this much overflow queue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom